Clubplanet Nightlife Community

imagine1,000 people OUTSIDE of space, what a way to go

tnargs

this would be a very peaceful demonstration, but at the same time one that would capture the attention of everyone person and nearby media outlet imaginable, think of it what would happen, absolute chaos, Big brother you wanna take away the people's club go ahead,but not without you knowing what it means to us first:blank: :cool::D:(

Originally posted by tnargs

this would be a very peaceful demonstration, but at the same time one that would capture the attention of everyone person and nearby media outlet imaginable, think of it what would happen, absolute chaos, Big brother you wanna take away the people's club go ahead,but not without you knowing what it means to us first:blank: :cool::D:(

no more writing in caps:clap: :clap: :clap: ...youre improving....

Originally posted by pod

Nah, the cops really won't do anything, they're too lazy around here. And if they do, I for one will fall back on my right to self-defense against a tyrannical authority.

yeah right...they sprayed pepper spray in to the line at space one night...for no reason. just give them a reason. i bet you they are itching to beat up a "rowdy crowd" of club goers.

Originally posted by pod

Nah, the cops really won't do anything, they're too lazy around here. And if they do, I for one will fall back on my right to self-defense against a tyrannical authority.

yeah right...they sprayed pepper spray in to the line at space one night...for no reason. just give them one.. i bet you they are itching to beat up a "rowdy crowd" of club goers.

it's unfortunate but I think, for the most part people don't care. they assume that if Space goes down, some other clubs will step up to the plate. the reality is if Space, goes down others will follow.it's only a matter of time. when people’s rights are slowly eroded, they will kick themselves in arse wondering what happen. the young people of today's apathy ,will be the downfall of their generation. :( today it's nightclubs and raves. who knows what's next ?? concert venues, etc. when will people wake up, and realize we are not as democratic. as our government would like us to believe.

Originally posted by sobeton

the reality is if Space, goes down others will follow.it's only a matter of time. when people’s rights are slowly eroded, they will kick themselves in arse wondering what happen. the young people of today's apathy ,will be the downfall of their generation. :( today it's nightclubs and raves. who knows what's next ?? concert venues, etc. when will people wake up, and realize we are not as democratic. as our government would like us to believe.

Agree with u. I definately think that this weekend at space should not be a normal event but should be more of us sending a message to people that we don't agree with the way things are heading. Not sure if standing outside is what's gonna do it but every dance music fan here, regardless of their problem with space should support it this saturday if it is gonna be doin any sort of demonstration. This is not just the end of space, but the beginning of more and more places being pressured into shutting down.

Originally posted by pod

I'd rather go down fighting than anything. I won't attack first, but if the cops get out of line, I'm gonna exercise what freedoms I have left and fight. A cop loses all respect when he attacks for no good reason.

you seem like a smart guy...its in your best interest to fight back against a cop, y not add resisting arrest to the charges..:laugh:

Originally posted by pod

It'd be the last mistake they ever made. Rodney King'd come to me for advice after that.

Like I said before, I wouldn't provoke it though...I'd only intervene if the Miami PD decided to imitate the SS.

Pod i'd bet that you could KO 6-7 cops with one mighty swing of your 12" camera ! :D:laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by sobeton

it's unfortunate but I think, for the most part people don't care. they assume that if Space goes down, some other clubs will step up to the plate. the reality is if Space, goes down others will follow.it's only a matter of time. when people’s rights are slowly eroded, they will kick themselves in arse wondering what happen. the young people of today's apathy ,will be the downfall of their generation. :( today it's nightclubs and raves. who knows what's next ?? concert venues, etc. when will people wake up, and realize we are not as democratic. as our government would like us to believe.

i think tony touched an important issue that rarely gets expressed here without some tool jackin the thread!!!

Lil by lil, they are taking away our freedom to dance... first its with all the NEGATIVE media about the "rave" scene, and kids blaming ecxtasy & raves for their addictions, failures, and unfortunately jail time!!! Then the ridiculous R.A.V.E. act was passed, which incredibly limits the future of muzik festivals an events where we get to hear talent from all over the world...

Then the new law of no more new clubs passed 5th street...:( Slowly but surely, our freedom, and right to assemble peacfully, are being taken away from us... thanks to a group of assholes who dont know their limits and like to blame their problems on everything but themselves.... Whether space closes down for good( which would be a HUGE hit for our scene here in miami) or if its just a skam to get a huge turnout this saturday, WE STILL NEED TO GO OUT AND SUPPORT WHAT WE LOVE!!!!!!!

Hardly any of us take the time to be thankful of all the world class talent we have spinning in our clubs which are arguably the best in the country!!! LP brings us the goods week in and week out... ANd all most of us can do is critique non constructively ... But when your on the top, you will always be judged!!!!

ANd im not a huge lp brown nose, believe me, i hate the guy and send him to hell when i get my credit card statement, and when i wake up monday morning... Point is that we gotta give respect where respect is due... Hopefully this is just a bump in the road for space, the club that defined to me how much music matters!!!

cheers