Clubplanet Nightlife Community

anyone ever give a best man speech at a wedding?

tommyarmani

Originally posted by jimk29

Yeah,

my format was to get good and loaded, and then talk about whatever came to mind.

it worked out pretty well actually.

Thats what my bf did at his brother's wedding. Worked pretty well also. We actually wrote his speech on the drive to the wedding. But we had a lot of time, seeing as how we were driving from NY to Florida. Check out www.weddingchannel.com They have a section about making speeches. Good stuff.

Yup. Didn't really drink before, so that I didn't go off on a ... what was I talking about, oh yeah.

Just remeber that there are old people there that don't give a flying shit about the time you both had that Asian stripper shove her hand in your ass!

I gave one for my brother, I'll attach it below . . . be short, be funny, don't say too much embarassing stuff. . . I made sure to not get too drunk before doing it, didn't wanna screw up and accidentally curse in front of my grandmother and such. . . here's what i wrote, i freestyled a bit when doing it.

Thanks for the gracious introduction, I think.

Before I begin, I'd like to thank the band, the Woodlands, etc. . . for doing everything so well this weekend. You all helped make this such a great occasion.

Well, unlike a lot of brothers, David and I always got along rather well, from playing Super Mario Brothers to weightlifting to going out at the Jersey shore. I always looked up to him growing up, which I had to do since he was always taller than me. Everyone always said we looked alike, I guess people weren't used to seeing 6 foot 7 jewish guys, and being the younger brother, I still get called David.

Dave's always been a pretty serious guy, so when he was telling me about Rhea after dating her awhile, saw him smile and such, I knew that there was something there. I liked her too, especially since she got some NBA tickets for David and myself.

When I got to know Rhea better, I knew that she has a lot of the things that David was looking for, such as being down to earth, tall, Jewish, caring . . . David, I'm jealous of you man, you found a great woman who loves you. You two looked great together earlier today, even with the (WEATHER). One of my friends said that once his brother got married,

he had lost his brother. I don't feel like I'm losing a brother, I feel like I'm gaining a sister, an especially good sister who can get free NBA tickets. (say if first good, wait for laugh)

Congratulations to both of you! Cheers!