Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bad Year For Music

lyrik

Gone are Strictly Rhythm, Hooj Coons, Groovetech, H-Doundation to disband, big club closings all around the globe and now Miami's Space. Numerous singers have died...Robert Palmer, Barry White, Johnny Cash among others....talk about getting on a losing streak this year.

Originally posted by lyrik

Gone are Strictly Rhythm, Hooj Coons, Groovetech, H-Doundation to disband, big club closings all around the globe and now Miami's Space. Numerous singers have died...Robert Palmer, Barry White, Johnny Cash among others....talk about getting on a losing streak this year.

We could look at it this way and feel bad true, but i would rather believe in history... and know that in order for new and wonderful things to emerge in any walk of life some things must pass. its unfortunate to see this in our lifetime but just think with intelligent and compassionate music lovers like yourselves and across the globe do you honestly think that nothing neater, cooler, insanely different, and even bigger will come along? you know one thing that inspires me about house, trance, techno, and EM in general is its ability to eveolve yet still show signs of its original roots. and i feel that we as listeners of this broad genre have also developed the ability to evovle with time and technology thru thick and thin! Rest assured that as long as there's a loop of bongos and claves from 1979 being sampled into 2 step break, a techno track, a trance anthem, or a sexy, synthy house beat today, there will always be an evolving scene and music loving eccentric, beautiful people to support and find ways to keep it alive.

-MUCH LOVE- Matt Spector

Originally posted by lyrik

It's a sign....:idea:

Dunno what, but it means something...

They are dropping like flies :(

Originally posted by rudeboywarrior

We could look at it this way and feel bad true, but i would rather believe in history... and know that in order for new and wonderful things to emerge in any walk of life some things must pass. its unfortunate to see this in our lifetime but just think with intelligent and compassionate music lovers like yourselves and across the globe do you honestly think that nothing neater, cooler, insanely different, and even bigger will come along? you know one thing that inspires me about house, trance, techno, and EM in general is its ability to eveolve yet still show signs of its original roots. and i feel that we as listeners of this broad genre have also developed the ability to evovle with time and technology thru thick and thin! Rest assured that as long as there's a loop of bongos and claves from 1979 being sampled into 2 step break, a techno track, a trance anthem, or a sexy, synthy house beat today, there will always be an evolving scene and music loving eccentric, beautiful people to support and find ways to keep it alive.

-MUCH LOVE- Matt Spector

I agree with ya, that which does not kill you can only make you stronger. With that said, history is to serve as a reminder of past mistakes so we hopefully do not repeat the same in our future. I am firm believer that without change there can be no progress. This year should serve as a wake up call for people to get more involved..anything worth having is worth earning.

theres an old saying that every time someone important dies, someone is born that is able to fill his shoes...

i have no doubt in my mind that others will step up in the future, but the real question isnt abotu the talent, its baout the talent stepping up. someone has to take it to the next level...who it will be is the uncertainty.

I agree that it's been a gloomy year.. But the only way to look past it is by recognizing what has made a positive impact.. Many great releases and new artists have come at us this year, and not just in EDM, but in general :hat: Always good to look on the bright side of things.

Originally posted by spacecadet888

theres an old saying that every time someone important dies, someone is born that is able to fill his shoes...

i have no doubt in my mind that others will step up in the future, but the real question isnt abotu the talent, its baout the talent stepping up. someone has to take it to the next level...who it will be is the uncertainty.

thats the beauty of it, it could be lyrik, or cianci and avila, or maybe bob from packing. one thing is for sure its gonna be spectacular. you know oscar g could suddenly decide to give back to the scene and open his own club... i am not saying that any of these would or wouldn't happen its just exciting to know that somehow somewhere something is going to happen! you know lawler had to deal with establishment even over in europe. his sound was not well known and all slots in cjlubs were filled. so steve started a party out in fields with generators and lights. they would go till the law was on their ass and then they would move it to another field door a tunnel. eventually a club owner got wind and heard him play and gave him a shot behind the decks. the point is he believed in what he loved so much that others were bound to follow. and the same will happen here and every where else as long as there are believers. I KNOW I AM A BELIEVER, how you?

-MUCH LOVE- Matt Spector

:aright: Great way to look @ it ...Think Positive

Originally posted by spacecadet888

i have no doubt in my mind that others will step up in the future, but the real question isnt abotu the talent, its about the talent stepping up. someone has to take it to the next level... who it will be is the uncertainty.

right on, i'll go do it!

but if anybody else wants to come with me, this moment will be the ground floor of something real and fun and inspiring and true in this godforsaken business and we will do it together! who's coming with me besides "Flipper" here?

-MUCH LOVE- Matt Spector

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Im looking forward to whats around the corner. :rock:

it is up to us as DJ's to browse with our new found communications devices, and seek out new & exciting sounds from around the globe & bring it the comman man.

it is our responsibilty to keep bringing the smiles to peoples faces when their adrenalin rushes because of a huge tune you just dropped.

it us up to us to demand from the produces, only the finest quality shit around.

peace

Chris Reiss :dj::D

how long before this becomes DJ standard hardware?

146640224-med.jpg