Clubplanet Nightlife Community

October 11th at Maze....

spacecadet888

Originally posted by pod

Seriously, you'd go see a second-rate trance DJ over the closing party for one of the best clubs in the world?

If Space becomes a "sardine can" in the closing party ( too many people ) i might perfer to be somewhere were i'll atleast be comfortable to move .

Guest brwneydtrouble

Thats so true....why go and be packed like a sardine when we all know that they will be opening later on......and even if they dont, its gonna be the same space that it always is. Nothing different. I would much rather be comfortable and not have to deal with all those people that are coming out of the woodworks to say goodbye.

If it DOES close down for good, I will show my support to the old space DJ's at whatever new venue they go to, THAT is when they will need it most. Anyone can be there for the ending....its the beginning that matters.

But Wag? Geez, I'd bang my head against my desk for an hour and get the same effect. Even if Space 34 wasn't shutting, you've got Erick Morillo over there...even if you don't like house, this guy is a madman worth seeing...the pure energy is amazing.

Originally posted by pod

But Wag? Geez, I'd bang my head against my desk for an hour and get the same effect. Even if Space 34 wasn't shutting, you've got Erick Morillo over there...even if you don't like house, this guy is a madman worth seeing...the pure energy is amazing.

You got a point Pod and Morillo has a good following as well.

:)

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

Thats so true....why go and be packed like a sardine when we all know that they will be opening later on......and even if they dont, its gonna be the same space that it always is. Nothing different. I would much rather be comfortable and not have to deal with all those people that are coming out of the woodworks to say goodbye.

If it DOES close down for good, I will show my support to the old space DJ's at whatever new venue they go to, THAT is when they will need it most. Anyone can be there for the ending....its the beginning that matters.

true dat! :D

I may pass by and if I see that it's a sardine can I am outta there.

Originally posted by pod

Seriously, you'd go see a second-rate trance DJ over the closing party for one of the best clubs in the world?

i wouldnt say best clubs in the world

and people some people go for djs ,

me personaly i can care less about any venue just bring the good djs and im there

so yes ide go to blue before i went to space if they had a good dj playing

i dunno who the hell WAG is but morillo is definitly better then any dj that will be down here anytime soon

Umm I'd definitely say Space is one of the best clubs in the world...so would a lot of other authoritative sources too...but that's not the point...the point I was making was, why go see a second-rate (by anyone's clock), DJ, when you've got a top-notch DJ like Erick playing a few miles away? :cool:

Originally posted by pod

Umm I'd definitely say Space is one of the best clubs in the world...so would a lot of other authoritative sources too...but that's not the point...the point I was making was, why go see a second-rate (by anyone's clock), DJ, when you've got a top-notch DJ like Erick playing a few miles away? :cool:

For tech-trance (german trance) fans like myself ... DJ WAG is definetly not a second-rate dj .

possible scenario : wag then off to morillo

Originally posted by andrewthomas

you can never compare space to twilo

come on nowww

Yeah you can. Aside from the Junior parties, both venues are similar in overall influence and impact on the clubbing world. Songs were made about both places, some DJs shared guest residencies in both buildings, both impacted their native cities in a major way.

It's not a NYC vs Miami argument, that will never be settled, but Twilo is to NYC what Space was/is to Miami.

Just because another club is one of the best in the world does not make it THE place to go. if that was the case, Crobar, Level, Maze, NV, Opium Gardens, and many others would not get half of the crowd that they do.

and pod...i know you may have a bit more experience in the club industry than I, however, i will point this out...

Your "opinion" on Dj's and clubs are just that, opinions...they dont mean anything without a rational explanation. To merely point out that a dj is "second rate" by your explanation woudl be one thing, but to merely state an opinion and have no backing is utterly useless. For the Record, Erick Morillo may have a following in the states/UK and such, but take him into Germany where people like wag (and his ENTIRE label- Overdose) regularly play, and he would not have a third of the following. And to be honest, by saying he is second rate, you are basically putting down many people that have worked wiht him as well..including (but not limited to) Talla, Hennes and Cold, Derb, Scot Project, Taucher, Russenmafia, etc... and from experience, i KNOW they are all great dj's..and producers..

do me a favor...when Morillo releases a track that people still go nuts for after about 3-5years like Cocaine did...then put your comment on Wag back on.

However I am not in any way dissing Morillo either. but, as you may have guessed, i dont ENTIRELY listen to house. i listen to techno, trance, house, even hiphop from time to time. I just think that your bias with Space and its dj's...and an alternate club and their dj's...is without decent grounds for argument, and therefore, means shit.

you want to compare? put Morillo at space at a night when armin is at Level. there wouldnt be a doubt that level would be more packed with people. the simple fact that Space would get prety stuffed would be due to Space consistently keeping its doors fullthrough their crafty promotion team...from people like Alex, and Biz, among others... If any other club had a team as knowledgeable, they would AT LEAST have as much business as them.

:D Your Editorial is great...but hoenstly, your photography is your strong point.

hopefully i will see you around sometime, and we can have a beer or six and talk shit. peace.

You wouldn't be saying that if you saw Erick. From a purely skill-oriented standpoint, he is the better DJ. Does Wag use 3 decks at once, plus a CDJ 1000 in the same mix, and bring his own filters and samplers? Nope...

Even amongst trance DJs, I know of plenty who have more talent than Wag...most of those guys you mentioned that work with him as a matter of fact are. Cocaine just "held on" because it followed the typical path of club hit to radio track...frankly if someone puts it on, I run for the hills.

And put Morillo vs AVB? Where Erick is will be more packed...last year at crobar, you couldn't move to save your life. :cool: And it was Memorial Day Weekend, so there was plenty of competition.