Clubplanet Nightlife Community

P:M Sessions @ Luna ... Saturday October 4th...

vipnerd

Last Saturday was the official start of P:M Sessions @ Luna … Dave Preston … Ali Ajami and Cianci & Avila rocked the place delivering quality choons to a vibeful crowd …

This Saturday October 4th … P:M Sessions starts its Residents nite ….

The Residents …

Austin Leeds

austinleeds.jpg … has been for years the most underrated DJ in the scene … he is coming back from an extensive tour thru Europe and Asia … his production work has gained him the recognition of piers around the globe … Austin will take this residency to places not seen in years in Sobe … REALLY happy to have him finally working the nite for us …

Dave Preston

attachment.php?postid=1720278 … a name recognized worldwide … both as Dj and producer … Dave was the resident at Vibe in Gainsville until his recent move down to his hometown Miami … with his experience and eagerness to push the envelope everytime he plays, without a doubt, Luna will see the consolidation of Dave’s new residency in Miami …

Oscar Fonseca

oscarfonsecaCP.jpg … the most refreshing DJ we saw in the past year in Miami … Oscar’s passion and respect for music has taken him to the production room with releases coming soon … we expect the consolidation of Miami’s finest nubreed … and the evolution of his vision in music …

Cianci & Avila

attachment.php?postid=1720510 … with uncompromising underground sounds and the true enthusiasm of making this their year of consolidation in Miami … this two young DJs will grow thru this residency … Luis avila combining his DJ career with his own Sound Engineering degree … we’ll see them hitting the studio very soon …

Reinforced sound and some proper visuals to further spice up the nite ... ;)

For guestlist ‘til 12:30 please e-mail us at: marco@pmsessions.com

blendproductions@hotmail.com

2 x 1 drinks ‘til midnite

Vip Tables:

Absolut, Bacardi & Kettel One $100

JW Black & Grey Goose $125

Special thanks to Proton Radio www.protonradio.com ... Modernism ... and Grooveman www.groovemanmusic.com ...

Enjoy … :shades2:

Next Saturday October 11th ... THE RETURN: ... Chris and Mono ...

I wholeheartedly think i'll make it out to Luna, this weekend....depending on a couple things. last w/e was an unusual circumstance....i'm sure chaz told you about it.

so, i really hope to see you and carla on sat, marco. and you know i'm not just all talk :)

Dave Preston will be playing his second gig of his new residency with us ... last week Dave opened with pure class for Ali Ajami ... a thoughtful yet bouncy warm-up ...

This Saturday ... Dave will be headlining the nite ... we will be able to enjoy his creativity and skills ... for a serious nite of great music ...

For those of you not familiar yet with Dave ... I'm including his bio ... words can't translate what Dave is capable of doing thou ... a solid DJ for any music nite ...

As we welcome some great guest DJs in the next few weeks ... Dave's first headlining nite this Saturday should serve as a measure of what to expect musically from P:M Sessions in the future ...

Dave Preston Bio

Born and raised in Miami, Dave has always been interested in a variety of musical styles ranging from classic rock to hip hop and reggae – however, his first experience with house music wasn’t until he began attending college in Gainesville, Florida. Inspired by the sounds at the legendary clubs Simons and Soulhouse Dave began DJing in 1997 and has not looked back.

Carefully balancing a demanding schedule at college and his love for the music Dave steadily made a name for himself as one of Florida's up and coming talents. In Spring of 2002, Dave was asked to be a resident at Gainesville's Vibe Nightclub and opened for many of the top acts and artists in the world, including Danny Howells, Phil K, James Zabiela, Jon Lisle, Steve Porter, Infusion, PQM and many others. Around the same time Dave also picked up a monthly residency at the legendary Simons, playing alongside long time Simons resident and good friend Joe C. for their 'I Love Music' events.

During the summer of 2003, Dave hit the road on tour, beginning with another opening appearance for Danny Howells, this time at Vibe, followed by six weeks of appearances playing in New York, Boston, and finally Lima, Peru. In Lima, Dave played at several large events for Orbit Peru (www.orbitperu.com), and headlined several parties including playing alongside Slacker and opening for Quivver with crowds of 1000+. Immediately upon his arrival back in Miami, he was invited by respected promoter Marco Davalos to begin a residency with P:M Sessions at Luna, located in the heart of South Beach. The night has seen great success early on and looks t o become one of the premier nights on the beach in the coming months.

As well as having his residency club gigs, Dave is also a co-founder of www.forwardthinkingmusic.com, a website devoted to promoting artists pushing the boundaries of dance music. He also his own show 'Rhythmaculture' on www.protonradio.com every 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month from 10am-1pm EDT (US), gaining accolades from dance music enthusiasts from around the world.

Recently, Dave has also launched his own label ‘Institution Records’ with partner Josh Waddell (aka Relisys) and the label has already secured a steady stream of quality releases through Spring of ’04. Not merely satisfied with merely playing and promoting other people’s music, Dave has also flexed his creative muscles forming numerous collaborations and projects over the last year, working with highly regarded producers including Sphere, Phil K, Habersham, Hisham Samawi, Chris Micali, and Israel Vich..

Dave’s collaboration with Sphere ‘The Bubblegum Track’ was included on disc 2 of Phil K's Balance CD, released in October of 2002 which has been nominated for best release in both the UK and Australian Dance Music Awards. ‘Furball’ another of Dave’s collaborations this time produced under the guise of The Operators was also included on Phil K's cover CD of the June 2003 issue of the international DJ Mag. With his music and projects receiving support from producers and DJ's around the world and an innovative style that fuses house, breaks, techno, and progressive Dave is planning to redefine the boundaries, challenging not only himself but also those of the music itself.

Discography…

Israel Vich and Dave Preston ‘Nintendub’ forthcoming on Music is Freedom, late 2003

The Operators* ‘Furball’ forthcoming in late 2003- label TBA

Sphere & Dave Preston ‘The Bubblegum Track’ forthcoming in late 2003 – label TBA

Delerium ‘Afterall’ (Hisham, Preston, and Relisys rmx) unreleased

* (The Operators are Phil K, Habersham, and Dave Preston)

The residency begins ... :shades2:

Originally posted by raincrysobe

I wholeheartedly think i'll make it out to Luna, this weekend....depending on a couple things. last w/e was an unusual circumstance....i'm sure chaz told you about it.

so, i really hope to see you and carla on sat, marco. and you know i'm not just all talk :)

Send me an e-mail Rachel ... lost your number ... :confused:

See you tomorrow ... :)

Originally posted by funketeer

I'll be decompressing @ Luna from my long awaited Radiohead concert...will have a full report on one hand and a rum & coke on the other.

:D

Niceeeee!!! .... Bigtalgeoff will also be at the Radiohead concert and coming over after that ... to record the show for Proton Radio ... www.protonradio.com ... :D

See you tomorrow Funk ... :shades2:

Well ... the new days are here ...

While some say goodbye to some of the old ways of partying ... we say welcome to the first nite of ...

Oscar Fonseca &

Dave Preston

and as always Cianci & Avila closing the nite with some serious house ...

For guestlist ‘til 12:30 please e-mail us at: marco@pmsessions.com

blendproductions@hotmail.com

2 x 1 drinks ‘til midnite

Vip Tables:

Absolut, Bacardi & Kettel One $100

JW Black & Grey Goose $125

Next Saturday October 11th ... THE RETURN: ... Chris and Mono ...