Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The untalked about DJ dilemma...suggestions?

So you're a DJ...or even a music enthusiast and your ride is full of hot cd's and/or vinyl. You just finished rockin' the house (or house party...whatever) and you want to continue your party night at an afterhours spot. THE DILEMMA.... what do you do with your collection in NYC...

#1 Leave it in your ride on the street and risk someone breaking in your car, grabbing your sh*t and you have a nervous breakdown.

#2 Park it in a garage and have the attendees rip you off all the while pointed to the sign "We are not responsible...." ...and have a nervous breakdown.

#3 Say f*ck it and simply go home because by the time you drive home a)your buzz has worn off and b)most of the places will be closed by the time you get back... but you won't have a nervous breakdown.

Anybody have any other viable solutions:confused:

HSP

www.hotspotpromos.com/SATURDAY

:cool:

I don't know what you should do. But I have 2 friends who spun at the Lunatarium and chained their records to the trunk of their car. When they came out someone broke open the trunk and cut the chain and with that their record bowes were stolen. :(

S obe carfeul in whatever you do

Parking Garage.

Listen...ive had alot of shit in my car while parked in these places. Mobile DJ System in a van, records in my car when my cuz used to DJ the White room in exit. Id say go that root

Also think of it this way, if shit is stolen from in the Garage..at least you have someone to kick the shit out of (the attendants). If you get robbed while parked on the street the only one to beat up is yourself.

Tek:D

drive home. that's what i'd do.

go get a bunch of coffee from somewhere if you have to, or take a nap on the way home but go home if you're worried about your stuff. IMO, it's better for someone to steal your entire rig - turntables, mixer, etc, than it is to steal your wax. wax is who you are as a dj and some of it is irreplaceable.