Clubplanet Nightlife Community

a legend leaves south beach...

drsatan

ive kinda debated with myself about posting anything due to anticipated negativity..but, here it goes...

Dave Padilla moved from miami today..back to his hometown (and mine) NYC. A lot of negative things have been posted about Dave lately on this board and I think in light of everything, I should give a little credit where credit is due.

Regardless of whether you like him or not..Dave had a fawkin 8 year run at Warsaw...he is largely credited for bringing house music to miami..when he came here in 1985, the clubs were playing top 40. he played at warsaw for 8 years and then the Mix...he also is credited by many for bringing trance to miami..

in the last 2 years, Dave tried to pull away from trance and move into other musical genres..but, almost to his downfall, he was constantly associated with trance.

the one thing that i personally have to say is that WHENEVER he had a major gig anywhere..he ALWAYS let unknown DJs come and spin a little....and if u think about it..thats unheard of...

in fact...A COUPLE OF THE BIGGEST NAMED DJS IN MIAMI WERE GIVEN THAT OPPORTUNITY BY DAVID..BUT THEY NEVER ADMIT IT.

THINK ABOUT IT..CAN YOU IMAGINE (BIG NAME MIAMI DJ) LETTING A NO-NAME SPIN FOR A HOUR AT (BIG NAME CLUB)....NOPE NOT GONNA HAPPEN...

whether you like him or not...he truly is a legend and i only hope that he can gain some well deserved recognition back in NYC....

i owe a debt of gratitude for giving me my start...

David Padilla Rocks!!! i only saw him one time live and it was out of hand at level when they tried to bring back the mix (the Remix)

that was an awesome party...it was my bday and my first time at any good club and also the first time i had got out since my mototrcycle accident..so you know i was pumped!!!!

i still have images in my head from that night ....lights...people. it was just an awesome expirience .... thanks DP!!!!good luck!!!

Despite his bad rap in town, he was a fantastic DJ...and when you got down to it, he was a cool guy...he and I never bullshitted about clubland politics, it was always technical stuff, so it was all good. :cool:

well all ican say is sometimes a cahnge does us good....hopefully this change will benefit david in a positive way!!!!!!!!!

i heard him many a time, and to tell u the truth he never dissapointed, i had heard he had a bit of an attitude problem, but i never witnessed it first hand so that all just hearsay to me!!!!!!

so i hope he goes up there and teachs those new yorkers how to get down for real!!!!!!!!!!;)

Guest saleen351

for a guy who "created the scene" according to you stuands, he sure gets no respect...

Whats up with dat??????????

but since we are on the topic of hating...let me say this

saleen-remeber this. by the time he reached 23, david had accoomplished more in his life and career than you WILL EVER ACCOMPLISH IN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE.

seriously, saleen-its like you are the insecure kid in school that had to pick on others to feel important. Is your life that bad? If so,get some counseling. :idea:

Originally posted by saleen351

for a guy who "created the scene" according to you stuands, he sure gets no respect...

Whats up with dat??????????

this is an event town....if u have nothing to do with the latest event....u ahve nothing to do with nothing!!!!!! and that goes for everyting down here not just clubbing!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by drsatan

but since we are on the topic of hating...let me say this

saleen-remeber this. by the time he reached 23, david had accoomplished more in his life and career than you WILL EVER ACCOMPLISH IN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE.

seriously, saleen-its like you are the insecure kid in school that had to pick on others to feel important. Is your life that bad? If so,get some counseling. :idea:

lol, by 23 i had my BS in econ and i was trading commodities in nyc...

and by the way, i was asking a simple question, you idiots hype him, yet he gets no respect from anyone down here, i wasn't here for those years, so my question is legit, WHY?

Originally posted by fliptoniaaa

well all ican say is sometimes a cahnge does us good....hopefully this change will benefit david in a positive way!!!!!!!!!

i heard him many a time, and to tell u the truth he never dissapointed, i had heard he had a bit of an attitude problem, but i never witnessed it first hand so that all just hearsay to me!!!!!!

so i hope he goes up there and teachs those new yorkers how to get down for real!!!!!!!!!!;)

:eek: :eek: ok who is this & what have you done with felipe ?

Originally posted by thehog

I heard him one time that I can recall.

I wanted to slash my wrist after 20min.

:idea:

with all the drugs and alcohol you do ?? id wanna slash my wrist as well ...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: could you even hear after all that ?? lmao

:laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by koky

with all the drugs and alcohol you do ?? id wanna slash my wrist as well ...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: could you even hear after all that ?? lmao

:laugh: :laugh:

thats why I said the time I recalled hearing him.

It was the night Oakie was at NV (and I was not fuck up)

David Padilla will forever hold a very special place in my memory as the person who introduced me and sparked the love in me for electronic music...those nights at The Mix were absolutely epic...I've never seen any club or any dj duplicate that vibe...oh, well...farewell good friend, best of lucks.

peace

FUNK