Clubplanet Nightlife Community

First Friday @ Delux, Delray Beach (10/3) review...

psboyuk

I must give props to both Vaughan and Cecil (Sheldon was doing a gig @ Opium!!!) for pulling of another great First Friday event. Great crowd - sexy, funky music - the perfect atmosphere for a good night.

I was on the dancefloor until the lights came up - we didn't want to leave! I tell you, this 2am business doesn't work for me at all. But we had a great time.

You guys have a great monthly party @ Delux. Looking forward to next month!

Dennis. :D

Originally posted by psboyuk

I must give props to both Vaughan and Cecil (Sheldon was doing a gig @ Opium!!!) for pulling of another great First Friday event. Great crowd - sexy, funky music - the perfect atmosphere for a good night.

I was on the dancefloor until the lights came up - we didn't want to leave! I tell you, this 2am business doesn't work for me at all. But we had a great time.

You guys have a great monthly party @ Delux. Looking forward to next month!

Dennis. :D

Got there a little too late ... 2:30 am ... how on earth is 2 am permitted in any city? ... :mad:

My bad for not finding out ... :rolleyes:

Thanks Dennis! :D

We had a blast that night... Crowd was awesome! I felt a bit weird without my wingman Goose, I mean Sheldon, but Cecil and I held down the fort while he(we) was @ Opium.

Crowd @ Delux is great... PACKED, PACKED, PACKED... and a very knowledgable one musically too!

Well I'm off to the "real job"

> listentothis: It is on th FIRST FRIDAY @ DELUX in Delray Beach. Visit www.lust4house.com for more info!

Delux is definately one of my favourite places to play, great vibe with all our mates up for a night of quality house music. Missed being there Friday. Opium was good though but missed my peeps.

Look forward to the next Delux Friday November 7th.

Not to sure about DEL RAY BEACH. No offense to the Crew who is pushing a club in DEL RAY. I live in DEL RAY, my studio was just relocated to the beach front from Chicago.

If a scene is in DEL RAY....more power to it.....however, from my take...there are a lot of chessy people on Atlantic Ave. Not to mention there is no late night....in DEL RAY.

However.....sitting in my studio...overlooking the beach and smelling the Salt Air as i kick back in DEL RAY is great.

And to think...I just spoke to Derrick Carter and Dave Seame and told them i was in a nice small beach town...with no music scene, I guess I spoke to soon.....

Let me know when the next party is in DEL RAY and if im in town, i will stop by to ck it out.

Guest saleen351

i'm waiting to see if a friend of mines gets a bartending gig there, then i'll come out for an event.. however same rules apply, i don't wait in line, i don't play cover, and i don't pay for my drinks..

Originally posted by soniquarium

Let me know when the next party is in DEL RAY and if im in town, i will stop by to ck it out.

FIRST FRIDAY of EVERY MONTH is our LUST party and there are very good dj's there all the time... our friends Johnny Ramirez on Fridays and Matt Spector on Saturday.

You can see some of the pics from our parties at www.lust4house.com

We just had Mark Grant from your hometoen of Chicago a few weeks back since we're dropping some names... :D

Look forward to meeting you soon./....

P.s. - Delray isn't really a "scene", but Delux has a very killer, built in crowd of people that turn it out to killer house music each week.... I do agree there are a lot of cheesey people but mostly the dinner and drinks crowd... Like anywhere else.. take a walk down Washington Ave in South Beach on any given night and you'll see your fair share of Cheesy people...

I live in the Delray/Boca area, and glad that there some decent club that plays good music most of the time. Yes delray is alittle cheesy, but its a small city. What do u expect? fuckin Crobar, or Space? :) I just hope the party lasts.

Never judge a book by its cover.......................................

I can guarantee that anyone who is into HOUSE MUSIC will have a blast......................from the moment you reach the door man..

The staff is awesome

Cheese??????

VooDooo Is Cheese................................................

Delux is a Martini....................................................With a Twist

NO BULLSHIT at the door,NO ATTITUDE................................

Its all about a good vibe.....................

Check It Out............................

The 2:00 am thing sucks, get there a little early....

Delux is a great vibe,

www.johnnyramirez.com

Originally posted by drumsjunkie

Never judge a book by its cover.......................................

I can guarantee that anyone who is into HOUSE MUSIC will have a blast......................from the moment you reach the door man..

The staff is awesome

Cheese??????

VooDooo Is Cheese................................................

Delux is a Martini....................................................With a Twist

NO BULLSHIT at the door,NO ATTITUDE................................

Its all about a good vibe.....................

Check It Out............................

The 2:00 am thing sucks, get there a little early....

Delux is a great vibe,

www.johnnyramirez.com

truth be told i can honestly say that Delux is the only real house club in palm beach county... i love the vibe and the people dance and have fun from start to finish. the staff is great and the owners totally support us dj's giving us free reign to make you move without comprimising our stlyes and that is getting very hard to find these days... and as far as the cheesy comments go there may be few here and there but when i see people sweating and grooving and dancing on the tables and generally there checking out the beats and not every piece of meat that walks in the door( and there is definately some nice ass in there) i would not call that cheesy in fact i wish there more people like that everywhere...

but don't take our word for come check it out for yourself:)

MUCH LOVE Matt Spector www.djmattspector.com

Guest saleen351

VOODOO PLAYS THE SAME SHIT YOU HEAR AT ANY CLUB IN MIAMI/SOBE/PB COUNTY... I KNOW MUSIC AND I CAN TELL YOU 85% OF THE HOUSE PLAYED AT VOODOO IS NOT CHEESE...

I am refering to Voo Doo

THE CHEEESE is not only in the music (93.1FM) , Its all over that place.

Whats up with that spin the wheel contest on Wednesday night?

That is prime USDA aged CHEEEEEEEEEEEESE.......that shit was so 90's ago...............

Every one of the door guys have the biggest attitude,they think their shit doesnt stink.going out is about having an awesome time not having to deal with these door guys.

The only good thing about voo doo are the ladies, That is it......

some hot looking chics.............................

First of all Matt plays a very good set no matter where he plays. Matt and the Lust crew have built a strong following @ Delux and am glad to see a qaulity Venue in other places than the usual.

As for the music @ Voodoo. I live in Ft Lauderdale and don't frequent this place. I have been there numerous times and it is always the same, clueless people standing on the dance floor with the same cheese playing in the main room. Then outside is thug life. I will go to Venu, Karma, Loft, Allure, Bulldog Sidebar, before I go back to Voodoo. I have put up with the dooman's attitudes, if there is a qaulity event going on. But there is no reason to go to a club that gives you an atititude for no reason.

Originally posted by erickamikaze

First of all Matt plays a very good set no matter where he plays. Matt and the Lust crew have built a strong following @ Delux and am glad to see a qaulity Venue in other places than the usual.

Spector played a great set Sat night at Delux - plays was jumping!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Guest saleen351

lol, i can tell you guys this, and i'll even say this to the djs on here, when i was really into clubs, i could id more tracks then all of yous, and even though i'm not into it like i use to be, i can say for sure, the new djs at voodoo do not play cheese, it is house, and some classics. The Space Djs are told to play certain tracks on the 93.1 broadcasts, and they always sell out, voodoo on sat nights doesn't. I have no issue with the door guys, we never pay, either guyman or dui hook it up, the barstaff is good, and i dare you to find a club with more hot chicks then that joint.. You want cheese, just look at any trance dj or trance crowd, that is CHEESE! Ever see pvd spin, are you telling me that crowd and music isn't cheese? DJ Niko and cheeselini are cheese, not voodoo. yea in the past voodoo had cheesey djs, but lately, you only hear those cheesey tracks like clocks played early on. Though oscar g played clocks on the patio and i heard it at the cj spin off in the main room of space. You guys want to go track for track with me, then fine, i'll do that, and considering i've never owned or spun a record in my life, i'll proove you wrong. Ask anyone that knows me, if you party with me, i'll id tracks once the dj starts mixing in the next one. Voodoo has a great chicks, who dress up, and look great. It's the closed mindess of the people who just don't want to admit that a club in lauderdale is just as good as any sobe club, including crobar! I had to listen to Dade the other day ramble on about how cheesey lauderdale is, got news for all of yous, voodoo quietly out produces all those clubs in dade county. 4 nights a week, they have good crowds, and the cover is 20 bones.. no guest djs no nothing. so hate on voodoo all you want, jokes on you, my rep as a track iding whore prooves you guys really don't know music nor can id tracks... If i took rcrespo up there, he'd id way more tracks then me, and he'd even say it's not cheese...

now go to sobe and have niggas shout shit at your girlfriends and duck from all the bullets when the ricans and ghetto boys square up on washington ave..

delux closes at 2am, shit, let me do a party where i only need 2 hours of a crowd, and there is nothing else going on in the area...

by the way, sean rudnick was doing allure before it got shut down, does he spin cheese too in lauderdale??? Trust me he doesn't, but he does tone it down a bit and play more vocals, but tracks like moony dove are not cheese, quality vocal house...

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by vaughanz

:jacked:

sorry vaughanz, i get fired up some times... amy might BT at delux soon, so i might make an appearance... though i won' t be signing any autographs...

If i took rcrespo up there, he'd id way more tracks then me, and he'd even say it's not cheese...

i'm not a trainspotter i just play one on a message board.

in re: to delux .. i went up to see the lust boys and they did not disappoint .. sure i recognized a couple of tracks .. shake it took the roof off .. but it was just quality ass shaking house .. which we don't get much down ehre .. drawback is definitely a 2am closing but the club was packed and it was a nice looking crowd and if it wasnt an hour and change I'd go up there more often .. even though LUST is only once a month.

As a dj you have to entertain that is your job to make people dance and move that dancefloor if you can educate them as well thats even better, but thast why bootlegs of pop songs are so popular it gives teh clubber something familar like i know that beat or that vocal .. even though its been put through an insane number of filters its still recognizable and that gives the clubber a sense of being instead of plodding music all night long that has a spoken word sample (been there done that) or who knows what other nonsense these days. In other words HOUSE IS A FEELING IT HAS A GROOVE AND SOUL. Like everything there are variations, but I can definitely tell you the Lust boys don't play cheese.

</rant>