Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sweden's gone c00c00 nuts!

Swedish government sets 800% higher taxes for CD-Rs.

As of January 2004 all CDRs and other optical storage medias will have 800% raised taxes to compensate the losses of the music industry.

According to MTRH, DVD-Rs will have 4-5 € tax per piece, hard disks will be taxed about 1 €/GB. Even satelite recievers with HDDs will be taxed.

I'm speechless. Swedish government truely went crazy. Poor swedes, but I have to hope this total madness doesn't spread to other European countries!

What can possibly justify these kind of tax raises? The power of the music industry really seems to be huge. There's simply no rational justification for this kind of tax raising, so one have to wonder what some of the Swedish governement representatives pushing this have gained...

-----Taken from H.A.

unfortunately, the link isn't english... but i'm sure theres an english page with this info...

http://idg.se/ArticlePages/200310/06/20031006094517_STU/20031006094517_STU.dbp.asp

Originally posted by abortionator

I think the US needs a Twinkie tax so it'll cost you more to be a fat motherfucker!! :2guns::punch:

Take that tubbo! :bigfinge:

owned.jpg

OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: