Clubplanet Nightlife Community

lostin310: where's the oakie review???

weyes

come on, i wanna know all about his set and the volume level at the revamped palace (i know, avalon, avalon.). what was the crowd like (both in attitude and size)? is the parking still some ridiculous amount like $10/15? were there still too few bartenders? were said bartenders also too slow?

enquiring minds wanna know!!!

I was going to go until we found out that parking was $50 and the line to get in was wrapped around the bldg and tickets were going for $150 by the end of the night. Sorry...Oakenfuck is NOT worth it!!! I can see him for $40 in Miami every few months!!!! Plus he was kind of a dick when I met him at Virgin for the signing...what a negative vibe!!!!:(

Originally posted by sandiegino

How did you find that out? Those parking and cover prices are sooooo exagerrated.

Did you end up going somewhere else?

We actually ended up staying in that night as I was exhauseted from flying in from Miami the day before and being up for over 24 hours. But I know for a fact that the parking was $50 b/c he paid it...grrr. Oh well...who cares... I still wouldnt pay more than $40 for him.:rolleyes:

I hope you had a great time though!!!:D I heard the club is amazing. I saw the crowd outsid it the night before also...damn son!!!:eek:

But I know for a fact that the parking was $50 b/c he paid it

Did you see your friend pay $50? If he did pay that much, hes dumb. I know the parking fee adjacent to the venue is sometimes 15 which sounds like 50 so maybe you just heard wrong.

I didnt go because i knew it was going to be sold out and didnt feel like waiting in line for 2-3 hours like alot of people did that night. Its a good thing you left or else you would have been in line for hours and might of not gotten in.

one should never, ever go to a giant event without having presales. that's all there is to it. you've got no right to complain if you didn't get presales.

a friend of mine who went parked at the lot across from the pantages and paid $7.

yes, my friend said the line was ridiculous and disorganized. that sucks. i think the giant peeps really just were unprepared and had forgotten what to expect - but i'm not defending that. it was opening night for avalon :cool::worry: , though, so we can only hope that they learned a lot from the night's mistakes :) .

Originally posted by lostin310

Giant knows they fucked up... Tickets were refunded and they offered VIP passes for both this past saturday and the coming one.

tix were only refunded to people who didn't use theirs, you mean, yes? and who got vips?