Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New Paul Oakenfold Mix CD

lightshow79

Originally posted by lyrik

Dude, please stop "when all you guyz basically listen to is Oscar g and Roland"...how do you know what all of us listen to....you honestly think all these poeple formulated thier opinions based on them liking house as opposed to trance. Please, the people on this board and especially the people that replied to this thread express a wide variety of musical tastes that include everything from house to trance to breaks and techno. I am sure thier opinions, as mine, are made up of first hand knowledge/experiencess bordered with a passion for great music. FYI I don't really prefer the style of OG and Roland ....so you theory goes out the window there...as for Jokie or Oakie...I have seen this guy spin at least 3 or 4 times ( dating back to 98') and each time I left feeling ...well bored out of my mind....sub-par technical ability. So tell me why I have a negative opinion on this guy....if I "basically" don't listen to OG and Roland and have taken time out of my schedule not once, not twice but at least three times to see this guy.

very well said.............the biggest problem with nokenfuck is that he stopped caring about the people who support him,disrespecting them with boring sets and horrible attitude,he reach a point when he tought that whatever he did people was gonna praise him........WRONG!!!!.........i love his old work...ANOTHER WORLD is a great cd.....but lately everything he does is pure crap......

Originally posted by CHRles

Personally I'll take Paul Oakenfold anyday over someone like DJ Rap or Richie Hawtin. Seriously, have you been listening to some of the stuff Hawtin has been putting out as Plasticman? Here's an example:

http://www.cuepoint.info/sounds/23617.ram

Brilliant record...for a five year old. Minimalstic crap at its worst.

Now compare that with Oakie's remix to Underworld:

http://www.cuepoint.info/sounds/23557.ram

The "I Hate Oakenfold" bandwagon is over folks, he's still here.

hmm where do I start. ok very simply Paul Oakenfold does not have 1% of the Technical skill that Hawtin does. Hawtin is going around with a custom mixer , 2 laptops (final scratch / ableton) and a cycloops. If you rather hear Oakenfold thats your problem. I would've loved to have heard Oakenfold at his peak 95-98. However those days are long gone and he doesn't care as much as he once did. He was on the same level as everyone else. It was Sasha/Digweed/Oakenfold .. they would get sent the freshest records and what not. Listen to his goa mix from '94 or his sets from Ibiza in 95 and tell me he's nearly the same as he is now.These days give me Hawtin any day.

If you think that minimal shit is for 5 year olds. I want to see you write a record thats half as decent as that. sure it may not appeal to everyone but minimalism is not supposed to and its Plastikman not plasticman as you said.Listen to Plastikman's Consumed for some serious head fuck music.

Richie played the best set of the WMC Imho and opened up my eyes to even more music and showed me you can tear the roof off without banging it the fuck out.