Clubplanet Nightlife Community

A big Fuck you to Joeys

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This post is pretty fuckin sad I must say...Actually its pathetic

People talking about being respected when they go to a bar, but we all know that to get respect you have to give respect and the funny thing is that most people do not know how to properly treat bar staff.

I mean yelling at bartenders, leaving shitball tips, not knowing what drink they want when they order, and calling you "buddy" or "pal" I mean please!!!

I do agree with Ricky, though, if that chick did screw up, she should have gone in her cup

Anyway, the simple solution to not being "disrepected" is making some friends behind the bar...

Hey guys:) ... well, I've been reading this thread for some time now and it sickens me to feel the negative vibe off it...i don't know why some people on here go out of their way to criticize or put down a person,club, whatever... I couldn't make it out to Joey's on Sunday because I started my new job on Monday...it's a great opportunity for me and my future...I wanted to be on point for it...anyway I wish I could have made it out...everyone who did was lucky enuff to get a chance to go out and celebrate the Monday off...we all here should be thankful that we have each other and have places like Joey's to hang out at... I always have a great time there ( or anywhere ) because of one thing...attitude... If you show positivity and have a good aura about you, a good time will be mirrored back... it's amazing how you can feel things off of people... it takes a minute to be nice to someone...and believe me it will be returned back to you one way or another ;) I know that there might have been hard feelings on some people's parts but that causes nothing but negativity and ill feelings towards your self, your situation, and your surroundings...I found this article...please take the time to at least skim over it...you may find yourself reevaluating what you see in the mirror after reading it... I just wanted to help out...lending advice is my "Satisfaction"....

Oct. 10, 2003 -- The pain of hurt feelings is as real as the pain of physical injury, new brain studies show.

The findings appear in the Oct. 10 issue of the journal Science. UCLA researcher Matthew D. Lieberman, PhD, used real-time brain scans to map brain activity in people feeling social distress.

The findings: The areas of the brain that light up when a person feels physical pain also light up when a person's feelings are hurt.

"We use physical metaphors to describe social pain like 'a broken heart' or 'hurt feelings,'" Lieberman says in a news release. "Now we see that there is a good reason for this."

The Pain of Monkey-in-the-Middle

Remarkably, the experiment by Lieberman and co-workers Naomi I. Eisenberger and Kipling D. Williams, PhD, didn't hurt the 13 student volunteers very much.

Encased in an MRI brain-scanning machine, the students played a simple video game. They were one of three players tossing a virtual ball to one another. At first, the students had to watch as the other two players tossed the ball. Then their controls became active, and they played for awhile. But soon the two other players -- computerized stooges, really -- played only with each other. As the students realized they were being left out, it hurt.

This made the area associated with pain light up. The more activity in a student's pain area, the more painful the student rated the experience.

"We can say being excluded doesn't matter, but rejection of any form still appears to register automatically in the brain," Lieberman says.

The Healing Power of Language

But the pain area wasn't the only part of the brain to become active. Being left out also activated an area associated with language and the regulation of emotion. Students with more activity in this area reported less pain.

"Verbalizing distress may partly shut down the areas of the brain that register distress," Lieberman says. "The regulating abilities of the prefrontal cortex may be why therapy and expressing painful feelings in poems and diaries is therapeutic."

Humans Are Social Animals

Why did the human brain evolve to feel emotional pain? In this we aren't alone. Social loss triggers distress signals in the brains of other animals whose survival depends on social bonds, notes an accompanying editorial by Jaak Panksepp, PhD. Panksepp is a researcher at Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio, and Northwestern University, Evanston, Ill.

"Psychological pain in humans, especially grief and intense loneliness, may share some of the same neural pathways that elaborate physical pain," Panksepp writes.

The reason appears to be survival. Emotional pain hurts. We move closer to others to relieve the pain. Over millions of years, we've evolved this to a fine art.

"These findings show how deeply rooted our need is for social connection," Eisenberger says in a news release. "There's something about exclusion from others that is perceived as being as harmful to our survival as something that can physically hurt us, and our body automatically knows this."

Love Conquers Pain

If all this is true -- and more study is needed -- it stands to reason that love might be an antidote.

"Throughout history, poets have written about the pain of a broken heart. It seems that such poetic insights into the human condition are now supported by neurophysiological findings," Panksepp notes. "Will the opposite also prove to be the case -- that socially supportive and loving feelings reduce the sting of pain? A reasonable working hypothesis is that social feelings such as love are constructed from brain neural circuits that alleviate the feelings of social isolation."

Hey guys:) ... well, I've been reading this thread for some time now and it sickens me to feel the negative vibe off it...i don't know why some people on here go out of their way to criticize or put down a person,club, whatever... I couldn't make it out to Joey's on Sunday because I started my new job on Monday...it's a great opportunity for me and my future...I wanted to be on point for it...anyway I wish I could have made it out...everyone who did was lucky enuff to get a chance to go out and celebrate the Monday off...we all here should be thankful that we have each other and have places like Joey's to hang out at... I always have a great time there ( or anywhere ) because of one thing...attitude... If you show positivity and have a good aura about you, a good time will be mirrored back... it's amazing how you can feel things off of people... it takes a minute to be nice to someone...and believe me it will be returned back to you one way or another ;) I know that there might have been hard feelings on some people's parts but that causes nothing but negativity and ill feelings towards your self, your situation, and your surroundings...I found this article...please take the time to at least skim over it...you may find yourself reevaluating what you see in the mirror after reading it... I just wanted to help out...lending advice is my "Satisfaction"....

Oct. 10, 2003 -- The pain of hurt feelings is as real as the pain of physical injury, new brain studies show.

The findings appear in the Oct. 10 issue of the journal Science. UCLA researcher Matthew D. Lieberman, PhD, used real-time brain scans to map brain activity in people feeling social distress.

The findings: The areas of the brain that light up when a person feels physical pain also light up when a person's feelings are hurt.

"We use physical metaphors to describe social pain like 'a broken heart' or 'hurt feelings,'" Lieberman says in a news release. "Now we see that there is a good reason for this."

The Pain of Monkey-in-the-Middle

Remarkably, the experiment by Lieberman and co-workers Naomi I. Eisenberger and Kipling D. Williams, PhD, didn't hurt the 13 student volunteers very much.

Encased in an MRI brain-scanning machine, the students played a simple video game. They were one of three players tossing a virtual ball to one another. At first, the students had to watch as the other two players tossed the ball. Then their controls became active, and they played for awhile. But soon the two other players -- computerized stooges, really -- played only with each other. As the students realized they were being left out, it hurt.

This made the area associated with pain light up. The more activity in a student's pain area, the more painful the student rated the experience.

"We can say being excluded doesn't matter, but rejection of any form still appears to register automatically in the brain," Lieberman says.

The Healing Power of Language

But the pain area wasn't the only part of the brain to become active. Being left out also activated an area associated with language and the regulation of emotion. Students with more activity in this area reported less pain.

"Verbalizing distress may partly shut down the areas of the brain that register distress," Lieberman says. "The regulating abilities of the prefrontal cortex may be why therapy and expressing painful feelings in poems and diaries is therapeutic."

Humans Are Social Animals

Why did the human brain evolve to feel emotional pain? In this we aren't alone. Social loss triggers distress signals in the brains of other animals whose survival depends on social bonds, notes an accompanying editorial by Jaak Panksepp, PhD. Panksepp is a researcher at Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio, and Northwestern University, Evanston, Ill.

"Psychological pain in humans, especially grief and intense loneliness, may share some of the same neural pathways that elaborate physical pain," Panksepp writes.

The reason appears to be survival. Emotional pain hurts. We move closer to others to relieve the pain. Over millions of years, we've evolved this to a fine art.

"These findings show how deeply rooted our need is for social connection," Eisenberger says in a news release. "There's something about exclusion from others that is perceived as being as harmful to our survival as something that can physically hurt us, and our body automatically knows this."

Love Conquers Pain

If all this is true -- and more study is needed -- it stands to reason that love might be an antidote.

"Throughout history, poets have written about the pain of a broken heart. It seems that such poetic insights into the human condition are now supported by neurophysiological findings," Panksepp notes. "Will the opposite also prove to be the case -- that socially supportive and loving feelings reduce the sting of pain? A reasonable working hypothesis is that social feelings such as love are constructed from brain neural circuits that alleviate the feelings of social isolation."

Sorry I posted that whole thing twice;) ...

icon10.gif

We're travelling somewhere, could be anywhere

Cuz the coldness in the air, but I don't care

We drift deeper

Life goes on

We drift deeper

Into sound.

Travelling somewhere

Could be anywhere

There's a coldness in the air

But I don't care.

We drift deeper into the sound,

Life goes on.

We drift deeper into the sound,

Feeling strong.

So bring it on.

So bring it on.

We drift deeper into the sound, Life goes on

We drift deeper into the sound, Life goes on.

So bring it on.

We drift deeper,

Life goes on

We drift deeper

We drift deeper.

[Repeat]

Embrace me

Surround me

As the rush comes [x7]

Originally posted by prettyricky

And as for the comment that bartenders just serve drinks and are easily replaceable, bullshit!!!! You might get a rookie or someone who thinks they can bartend, but lets see them deall with 800 people in a club that really holds 500, and keep their composure and get you what you need quickly!!!!

That was put very very well.

Some bartenders Suck...some are Great. Thats It.

I am GREAT!:D You too Ricky;) :laugh: