Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Salsa/Merengue?

eccentricmofo

Originally posted by eccentricmofo

Im curious to who knows how to dance these dances...

and any ideas or preferences of where to learn.

I've wanted to learn it for awhile but never found time, now Im making it and going to shake that ass to the latin beats...lol.

:bootysha: :bootysha: :getdown:

i actually learned how to dance both alone :D

but theres several of dance schools...i will ask my gf where she goes, she says it's really good and nice people

I've wanted to learn it for awhile but never found time, now Im making it and going to shake that ass to the latin beats...lol.

werd... ill learn with you..

its all in the bones(articulation).... but also, just like bad habits, it can be learned..... just gotta let go and focus more on the beats more than the words..... i think that makes the biggest flaw in trying to learn some moves.... i learned merengue over at club foxes in jc awhile back..they used to hold lessons upstairs before the club got overrun by clubbers...and all other stuff...

but my advice, hit up a club that caters to that kind of music and just roll up to some cutie showin her stuff and be modest n let her know u like it but u need a lil help... u wont be dissapointed...she'll make a puppet doll outta u. aand by the end of the nite...u'll be the envy of lots of people....

take it slow...latin music is a measured art... it comes to you eventually..good luck...:cool:

Originally posted by nybeauty

i actually learned how to dance both alone :D

but theres several of dance schools...i will ask my gf where she goes, she says it's really good and nice people

I tried the learning both myself a bit, but furthest Ive acquired is the latin moves...but nothing professional yet.. i think I need a more hands on setting, ie studio, or salsa club...etc.

Dont get me wrong, I can dance..modestly speaking... not superstar but I can feel the rythm.

Naughty... ironically a spanish chica is what turn me on to the dance...;) those move she made...OY dios mio...

Hmm...how about I re-word this.

Which do you think would be a better place to learn these dances..

Studio dance school lessons atomosphere?

Going to salsa clubs angle and having a cutie lead you?(my preference)?

Or a combo of the two...the clubs that have the lessons BEFORE that salsa music themed night...?

Originally posted by naughtybabe

If you can and what do both but I suggest you go out to clubs..

Nothing beats that atmosphere... Besides you can see spanish

girls go to work... :bootysha:

Good call... I've yet to be at sweet ass latin themed night and/or club.

Turns out that Im the only adventureous try new things dancing wise in the crew.

Ok people I want names...and address....

And if your spanish... and know how do dance, its your duty as a fellow CPer to teach moi... well.. you dont have to be spanish...:)

Nybeauty kudos to you for selftaught style... if you could come up with your gf's place of learning such...I'd greatly appreciate it..

To the rest of you...

Posters..and just readers of this thread..

Lets get a salsa outing going... something about that sweet latiin dance that just....just.....lets just say it has more Zing and Zip then tequila...you know what Im saying.....lol:laugh:

Nybeauty kudos to you for selftaught style... if you could come up with your gf's place of learning such...I'd greatly appreciate it..

well if u like i can teach u, its very easy..u just have to feel the beat :getdown:

Originally posted by nybeauty

well if u like i can teach u, its very easy..u just have to feel the beat :getdown:

That would be great, Im all about feeling the beat of the music, I even already have that semi-clubby cha cha latin rump shake move whenever a latin club song comes on but learning the actual techniques would be sweet.

And as far as the dance studio goes, I know that would work as well but Im a bit skeptical of learning the latina moves with an 80 year old man becuase his partner decided to goto bingo instead... :blank: Ok, a bit exaggerated but you get my drift.

Salsa is very structured. Merengue is def NOT. Salsa is either on 1 or on 2 in an 8 beat count. it's left foot then right foot etc etc etc... On 2 is New York style salsa on 1 is what most of the world dances to salsa. If your dancing with a partner in the beginning it's very structured, until you learn the rules. LEARN THE RULES if you expect to dance well with other people. Rythm isn't something you can teach and has to come natural. If anything you can work on your rythm on your own after you learn the basic steps. The turns use alot of counter momentum to lead your partner into different turns without them actually knowing the turns. The Rules for the steps are so that you and your partner will always be on the same foot. Example: Your left foot forward her right foot back etc etc etc... You can def freestyle to salsa but if you're dancing with a partner you have to kinda know what you are doing :)

Anyways, I'm typing way to much on this topic.

well if u guys ever get to miami....we can give lessons....we used to be teachers in a dancing school down here...it was called salsa connection...dont know if ther website is still up but u can google it !!!!!!!

i hevent really read this thread i will in a bit andi will speak my opinion on the differences between salsa and merengue!!!!!

Originally posted by curreri13

nopeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:hat:

Hey...how about if I give you a dollar?

Hehe..

Ok, Im curious..

Would this be family, friend, her bootie call, husband, father, jealous neighbor, envious fellow instructor.. Or..

Just some random person online that shares the vicinity of the teacher in question?

You have 2 hrs to complete this assignment...have a nice day..:blank:

Hey...how about if I give you a dollar?

Hehe..

Ok, Im curious..

Would this be family, friend, her bootie call, husband, father, jealous neighbor, envious fellow instructor.. Or..

Just some random person online that shares the vicinity of the teacher in question?

You have 2 hrs to complete this assignment...have a nice day..:blank:

she is soon to be my lady....so fuck off:bigfinge:

Originally posted by curreri13

she is soon to be my lady....so fuck off:bigfinge:

Allrighty then...

Ok, well first to start, for the record I was far from being rude. Go ahead, read the posts polite the whole way, and candid if anything.

ALso, while your reading the posts keep an eye out for keywords and phrase...

FOr example did you see any of these??

"Hey....which girl on here wants to teach me salsa AND the fuck and date for months and then soon lead to get married and have 4 kids?"

or what about this one..

"Any woman interested in going to a salsa club where you can assist me with learning THEN afterwards I will thankyou for that lesson by taking your virginity in the very nearest closet and/or restroom?"

or lastly ...

"Nice latin moves...wanna fuck?"

Did you happen to see any of these lines mentioned earlier?

I didnt..

I would never say such a thing...:)

So if your insecure deal with your own problems and leave myself out of your healing process...

DUDE... Im just curious about the dancing....:tongue: :tongue:

Originally posted by i3itch

I learned how..

My best friend is like this 4'5 Latina spitfire...

She taught me :D

All these people learning from latina best friends... I think I should start a latina dancing friend exchange program or something. :cool::D

Driving the other day I saw something for the Euro lounge on sunday nights lessons etc... anyone heard of this...? Im not too sure about teh Euro hero lounge doing salsa too...:blank: