Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Coming out of the woodwork...

ryno

Hey! Been lurking for awhile and thought I'd post to ask a question. Haven't been out in D.C. for awhile and a friend is coming into town this weekend. Need to know a few things:

- Is there any place in Adam's Morgan that has a "no jeans" policy?

- What are some good 21-and-up clubs to go to on Saturday night nowadays? (I was thinking Five)

Thanks to those who reply!

Peace,

Ryno

:afro:

Originally posted by ryno

Hey! Been lurking for awhile and thought I'd post to ask a question. Haven't been out in D.C. for awhile and a friend is coming into town this weekend. Need to know a few things:

- Is there any place in Adam's Morgan that has a "no jeans" policy?

- What are some good 21-and-up clubs to go to on Saturday night nowadays? (I was thinking Five)

Thanks to those who reply!

Peace,

Ryno

:afro:

I'm not sure what type of scene you are looking for... the only place in Adams Morgan that I've ever had trouble getting in w/ jeans is Cities and that's more of a bar than a club. You don't want to go there anyway (if that place is even open anymore...) its a bunch of wannabe eurotrash :rolleyes:

Five (not in Adams Morgan) & Felix are the only two places I can think of with good music that are 21+.

I don't frequent the Adams Morgan area too much so that's really all I can tell you.

Originally posted by ryno

Is there anyone that can actually answer the questions I asked? :(

First it's not New York, so don't expect it to be so.

Secondly you're asking for a swanky place in Adams Morgan - college capital of DC, if they actually enforced a dress code there, they would be losing business. Try Georgetown instead.

However Felix on the right hand side and Saki seem to be better "lounge" type places with slightly more dressy crowds.

Everything else in Adams Morgan is like a free-for-all drink fest, some people dress up, some don't.

And it would help to know what kind of music you would like to listen to. :shaky:

Guest jroo
Originally posted by sauvee88

First it's not New York, so don't expect it to be so.

Secondly you're asking for a swanky place in Adams Morgan - college capital of DC, if they actually enforced a dress code there, they would be losing business. Try Georgetown instead.

However Felix on the right hand side and Saki seem to be better "lounge" type places with slightly more dressy crowds.

Everything else in Adams Morgan is like a free-for-all drink fest, some people dress up, some don't.

And it would help to know what kind of music you would like to listen to. :shaky:

so young, so angery, damn that rap music! calm down eric, it'll be ok.

Originally posted by crank47

you got it wrong, eric is all about the hip hop.

Let me tell you... go to NYC sometime and have Eric take you to some of those live hip hop clubs he frequents.

We went to this place Sin Sin / Leopard Lounge. Wow. there were some fly ass bitches up in that mofo.

Eric was wearing all his gold chains -- or at least it looked like it; he could have had more at home. I don't think I've ever seen so much bling bling. He also had on a Norm Nixon throwback jersey and a Knicks fitted cap.

The only downside was the whole time we were there his pager was blowin' up. I didn't think people had pagers anymore -- he swears it was a blackberry or something -- but he had one that was the size of a VCR.

Before we leave there, Eric's on the floor dancing to Ludacris and a Dre dub I've never heard before. I swear I thought he was going to get on the mic and freestyle. Some girl who looked like she was from East Harlem was grinding on him too. He says they didn't know eachother, but she called him by his rapper name -- Suavee B. Real.

I highly recommend going to NYC and chillin' wit Eric.

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

please, everyone knows eric doesn't wear gold chains. you must mean he was sporting this gold plated tiara. :rolleyes:

Well, he did buy us a bottle of Cris. I didn't understand why he poured some on the ground and said "for the homies."

Originally posted by teriaki

Well, he did buy us a bottle of Cris. I didn't understand why he poured some on the ground and said "for the homies."

I surprised it took you this long to get that out...

I mean you and Crank were threatening to do it on Saturday.

Anyways - in my defense the Leopard Lounge USED to be a chill spot for hearing some decent quality EDM. Should have called it a night though when Liquids was closed - the stars were def. aligned against us!!!

Thanks to everyone who answered! The reason I asked about the "no jeans" policy is because I wanted to avoid places like that. Wasn't sure Blue Room and/or The Reef had that policy. don't know if we'll go there, just heard about it. We'll prob. be down there Friday night, so I don't think we'll catch whomever's playing at Felix. We'll probably be in midtown area on Sat. night, which is where Five is. But I didn't know if there were other places I didn't know about.

Not really looking for the khaki, frat-boy college scene. But my friend is looking for some action, so I figure that's the most likely place to find it. :rolleyes: We def. are cool with going to bars, but for music we're both into more of a clubby scene, but nothing on the order of 1223, which has too much attitude from what I hear. Music tastes: house, techno, downtempo-not much trance. Not really sure how to describe it.

Thanks again for the replies. You guys are awesome! :)