Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who in here is in the work force and wishes.......

I would NEVER want to be stuck at my job for the rest of my work years..

I'm so happy I decided to go back to school......This January I am going to Spain to take a History course...It's basically all sightseeing, I get credits for it & I've never been out of the country before so that's a bonus too :)

Originally posted by sweetie029

I would NEVER want to be stuck at my job for the rest of my work years..

I'm so happy I decided to go back to school......This January I am going to Spain to take a History course...It's basically all sightseeing, I get credits for it & I've never been out of the country before so that's a bonus too :)

but how do you support yourself?

Originally posted by smokesum

im dying to go for my masters full time...but i need a way to support myself..and working part time at Banana Republic wont cut it

Try getting some kind of office job pt......That's what I did....I go to school 2 days & work 3 the money is still good & I still get my shit done

Originally posted by sweetie029

Try getting some kind of office job pt......That's what I did....I go to school 2 days & work 3 the money is still good & I still get my shit done

YEah, that would be ideal. But it's not easy to find a place that will hire in such a non conventional way. But I guess you gotta wheel and deal some how...

It might come down to me working full time AND going to school afterwards. If i want to go to columbia ($1200/credit) or NYU ($850/credit), i don't have much of a choice :half:

Originally posted by gmccookny

YEah, that would be ideal. But it's not easy to find a place that will hire in such a non conventional way. But I guess you gotta wheel and deal some how...

It might come down to me working full time AND going to school afterwards. If i want to go to columbia ($1200/credit) or NYU ($850/credit), i don't have much of a choice :half:

......I'm eventually going to have to pay for school myself....Right now my parents are helping me out w/ tuition but this is the last year they are doing it....SO next year either I'm going to get another job or work full time & go @ night

I lucked out w/ the job I have now.....It was only a part time position from the start

im dying to go for my masters full time...but i need a way to support myself..and working part time at Banana Republic wont cut it

Ah my grossly informed croat friend..

the secret to surviving while being in school is INTERNSHIPS. theyre so key in ur career because

A) you get experience in your field

B)Internships in acctg/financial/law firms r usually paid..and the bigger the company the more $ you get

C) and to top it all off...companies that use interns usually hire them after they complete their degree. Its a win win situation for them because they dont have to go thru training them @ 50K a yr..when theyve already trained them at $15/hr.

D) If your company is large enough , theyll most certianly offer to pay your tuition or a certain % of it as long as you agree to work with them for a certain period of time after completion of school...which is even better because u dont have to go look for a job when u graduate..u already have one...andddd u have very little to no debt (depending where u attend school and how much ur employer is willing to shell out for ur education)

im on my 2nd internship now and the experience ive gained is invaluable...me and solbeam r examples of internships @ work..we both have offers outstanding upon completion of our respective degrees.

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

Ah my grossly informed croat friend..

the secret to surviving while being in school is INTERNSHIPS. theyre so key in ur career because

A) you get experience in your field

B)Internships in acctg/financial/law firms r usually paid..and the bigger the company the more $ you get

C) and to top it all off...companies that use interns usually hire them after they complete their degree. Its a win win situation for them because they dont have to go thru training them @ 50K a yr..when theyve already trained them at $15/hr.

D) If your company is large enough , theyll most certianly offer to pay your tuition or a certain % of it as long as you agree to work with them for a certain period of time after completion of school...which is even better because u dont have to go look for a job when u graduate..u already have one...andddd u have very little to no debt (depending where u attend school and how much ur employer is willing to shell out for ur education)

im on my 2nd internship now and the experience ive gained is invaluable...me and solbeam r examples of internships @ work..we both have offers outstanding upon completion of our respective degrees.

but do they really give internships to Grads?

Most internships Ive seen are directed towards undergrads.

I already graduated.

ah shit that hurts..all that expertise for naught..

u can do what my friend did..but i duno if u want too...

he finished aeronautical engineering..and lost his job when the market went to shit after 9/11...so he went back to school for accounting and now he's @ PriceWaterhouseCoopers..the largest accounting firm im the world...

some of the electives u took for CS should carry over so u wont have to take all the requirement courses....so u can condense the major into a shorter period of time...go to a CUNY like Baruch or Queens which have top notch acctg/finance programs..

this is all taking into consideration that you want to go into one of these fields and are willing to get ur 2nd undergrad degree....

if ur aiming for a grad degree...try to get into one of the firms as a part timer and c what u can work out with them for payments toward ur grad degree...

or u can take out loans

well i have a job and im content...but i always look into the future

im thinkin of goin into Pharmacy or just my MBA

but i wanna bang it quick..not this full time work part time grad school...then it would take forever

pharmacy is a bitch..and theres no way to bang it out quick..

go for ur MBA...ur base starting salary is 80K when u have it ...not too shabby..