Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Does Anyone know where Tiesto is?!

verysexynaty

let me tell u something little girl...Okenfold can kiss my ass. last time he played in miami (NV) people were falling asleep at his boring ass set..he is a has been. that wack as set even had the owner of the club asking for a refund...as far as your so call TIESTO. i saw him at the grove and then again at space that same night for the 4th of july.. and i most say that he was good for one thing and one thing only..and that is to show that in MIAMI their is a new sherif in town and his name is...MR. STEVE LAWLER the real king of SPACE.

Sheesh, do you guys post on the TRL board too? You all sound really young with your obsession towards some DJs :tongue:

I love Tiesto's sets, but there's a lot of reasons why he's moved up so quickly in the past couple of years on the DJ Mag list:

a) Napster. If you were to type up Trance in 2000 the first name you'd likely get was Tiesto

B) BIG remixes that got a lot of support from both the Trance and Progressive DJs

c) by the late 90s he started to get a lot of attention and bookings in the UKs mega clubs.

c) Tiesto is very tight with all the other major DJs on the European continent, regardless of genre.

d) Has a record label

e) Was willing to travel to new places

f) Produces some good original material, and has released an artist album

g) His looks and smile, as girls will attest

h) his Innercity gig a few years ago.

At the same time, I remember Tiesto back in 97 when far fewer people knew about him. Those that did get a chance to check him out would have sparkles in their eyes everytime they mentioned him. He really knows how to connect with the crowds.

The fact is that Tiesto will be on tour in several cities in Germany next month is a testament of how big he's become. Very few Trance and Progressive DJs get to play in Germany unless they're German, or unless PVD invites them to play in Berlin.

Tiesto is expected to top the DJ Mag survey, which will be published in a few days. Sasha is the only one who might have been able to top him...if he would have toured more this year.

As far as Armin goes, keep this in mind:

a) His first release was heavily supported by Sasha, Digweed, and Oakenfold, which helped get his name out

B) His Perpetuous Dreamer project was a big success

c) He was at the right place at the right time when he launched A State of Trance. There's no denying this show is part of the reason Armin has risen so quickly through the ranks. On the show he plays the right records for the Trance crowd, and most big DJs do not have a mixshow on a Thursday, which means more people started to tune into his show, versus all the big mixshows you can listen to online/on FM during the weekend.

At the same time, his show helped ID&T Radio become an FM station heard all over Holland - up until a few months ago it was a cable and internet only station...

d) Highly associated with the rest of the Trance mafia - Ferry, Tiesto, and PVD.

e) Was willing to travel extensively, despite working on a LAW degree.

f) He's well liked by a lot of the UK DJs and media.

Originally posted by CHRles

Sheesh, do you guys post on the TRL board too? You all sound really young with your obsession towards some DJs :tongue:

I love Tiesto's sets, but there's a lot of reasons why he's moved up so quickly in the past couple of years on the DJ Mag list:

a) Napster. If you were to type up Trance in 2000 the first name you'd likely get was Tiesto

B) BIG remixes that got a lot of support from both the Trance and Progressive DJs

c) by the late 90s he started to get a lot of attention and bookings in the UKs mega clubs.

c) Tiesto is very tight with all the other major DJs on the European continent, regardless of genre.

d) Has a record label

e) Was willing to travel to new places

f) Produces some good original material, and has released an artist album

g) His looks and smile, as girls will attest

h) his Innercity gig a few years ago.

At the same time, I remember Tiesto back in 97 when far fewer people knew about him. Those that did get a chance to check him out would have sparkles in their eyes everytime they mentioned him. He really knows how to connect with the crowds.

The fact is that Tiesto will be on tour in several cities in Germany next month is a testament of how big he's become. Very few Trance and Progressive DJs get to play in Germany unless they're German, or unless PVD invites them to play in Berlin.

Tiesto is expected to top the DJ Mag survey, which will be published in a few days. Sasha is the only one who might have been able to top him...if he would have toured more this year.

As far as Armin goes, keep this in mind:

a) His first release was heavily supported by Sasha, Digweed, and Oakenfold, which helped get his name out

B) His Perpetuous Dreamer project was a big success

c) He was at the right place at the right time when he launched A State of Trance. There's no denying this show is part of the reason Armin has risen so quickly through the ranks. On the show he plays the right records for the Trance crowd, and most big DJs do not have a mixshow on a Thursday, which means more people started to tune into his show, versus all the big mixshows you can listen to online/on FM during the weekend.

At the same time, his show helped ID&T Radio become an FM station heard all over Holland - up until a few months ago it was a cable and internet only station...

d) Highly associated with the rest of the Trance mafia - Ferry, Tiesto, and PVD.

e) Was willing to travel extensively, despite working on a LAW degree.

f) He's well liked by a lot of the UK DJs and media.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by ttaalliihhoo

let me tell u something little girl...Okenfold can kiss my ass. last time he played in miami (NV) people were falling asleep at his boring ass set..he is a has been. that wack as set even had the owner of the club asking for a refund...as far as your so call TIESTO. i saw him at the grove and then again at space that same night for the 4th of july.. and i most say that he was good for one thing and one thing only..and that is to show that in MIAMI their is a new sherif in town and his name is...MR. STEVE LAWLER the real king of SPACE.

bro lawler and tiesto are 2 completely different dj's and 2 different types of music...no way u can compare tribal and trance!!