Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bad Boy Bill @ 34

attomic

OK Im writing this FUBARED so please excuse any typos etc... :screwy:

I have to say that the man lived up to the legend....

Mad skills and energy wow.... mixing OLD OLD school house with trancier beats and progressive house.... Just incredible what the man does... Very hard to even describe all the stuff he does up there....

Marcela (my girl) literally never stopped dancing....

And a class act... As Judge Jules ended his set Bill handed over the record and acknowledged Judge with a nod as if to say "thank you, nice set"......

Judges set was great too, very energetic as well and not the cheeze either.... :roll: ok bye.

Roland took the helm afterwards but almost put me to sleep...damnit buzz kill...

Oh and nice to see some CP peeps as well you know who you is... Nice to finally meet Biz, happy b-day man...

i listened to him on 93.1 and he sounded like total shit.

he played the same tracks thet any jerkoff dj in miami plays, his mixing was weak as fuck off beat n shit and his effects blew, money doesnt even know how to work an efx.

bad boy bill has been a legand for the has nots of the club scene since the begining and still his only true fanbase are the clueless

Originally posted by andrewthomas

he played the same tracks thet any jerkoff dj in miami plays, his mixing was weak as fuck off beat n shit and his effects blew, money doesnt even know how to work an efx.

bad boy bill has been a legand for the has nots of the club scene since the begining and still his only true fanbase are the clueless

Be careful Andrew... Pretty soon they'll be praising your reviews comparing them to none other than "The Saleen's"

And next thing you know, other boards will beg you to be exclusive and BINGO....You're in!

Tell us how you really feel! :laugh:

Thanks Andrew I needed a little raw honesty to help this hangover!

Originally posted by andrewthomas

right on

I heard about 30min of it last night on 93.1 and it sounded like a blender with a fork in it.:blown:

not sure what DJ it was? 12:00-12:30 :vomit3:

Originally posted by attomic

:laugh: The only clueless person here is you my friend.... listened to him on the radio and u give a review..... nice.... get a job and pay the cover.

no thanx

only dumb asses liek you pay cover to see a wack ass dj liek that

funny ur the only one on this board who likes this guy klolol

and only person who even went last night

so whos the clown now?

Well you are of course because there were many from THIS board there last night.... There was no cover moron.... that was just a remark for your pathetic ass.... at least Saleen goes to the club before making a comment.... stupid ass.

Cut your losses punk.

I've seen Bad Boy Bill plenty of times, and love his sets.

There aren't too many DJs who are as technically skilled, and know how to mix House for a big room as well .Richard Humpty Vission is another name that comes to mind. Yeah, they both were big in the American Rave scene, so what. Kimball was part of the Rave scene too, and he's another DJ who was in Miami last night. Even Carl Cox got his start with Raves, and that's part of the reason why these DJs know how to make big crowds move, not just in a couple of New York clubs...

Bad Boy Bill plays a lot of Chicago and Funky House that you don't hear too much of in FL, but he'll also play the big House records that DJs all over the globe are playing. The readers of BPM magazine also voted him as America's favorite DJ, ahead of guys like Tiesto, PVD, Digweed, and Cox.

As for the DJ that was on between 12-12:30, it was Judge Jules. Admittedly, he was playing some cheese, but it was more about the way he looped different records together. Jules tends to be at his best when he's either playing Hard Trance, or Funky House, but he'll also throw in some Breaks and Tech when given the chance.

It's fine though if some of you don't like BBB or Jules. There aren't that many famous DJs who I really don't like, although i'm not a big fan of DJ Rap (I hear she's finally getting better now that she's also playing some Breaks), Goldie (take some anti depressants dude), and Richie Hawtin (lately everything he comes out with seems to be a rip off from Massive attacks's The Mad Professor CD). I'd probably prefer to go to Club Deep and Menage then to hear those DJs...

I do like Oakenfold, Tiesto, Acosta, Deep Dish and others that some of you love to bash.

I also love people like John Digweed, Markus Schulz, Sandra Collins, Christopher Lawrence, Chris Fortier, Sven Vath, Sasha, Hybrid, Adam Freeland, Murk, Tenaglia, Noel Sanger, Nick Warren, Dave Seaman, Picotto, Cox, Aphrodite, Dieselboy, Morillo, Sanchez, Stryke, Three, Robbie Rivera, Jask, etc., etc.

Big ups to 34 for bringing back Bad Boy Bill and Judge Jules :)

Originally posted by attomic

Well you are of course because there were many from THIS board there last night.... There was no cover moron.... that was just a remark for your pathetic ass.... at least Saleen goes to the club before making a comment.... stupid ass.

Cut your losses punk.

ill let you speak because u can do a better job making yourself look liek an ass then i can

Bad Boy Bill went on just after 2am. He played his usual style of 2 beat looped hard house and rocked... It's a shame so many people allow themselves to be musically close minded. Some of the things BBB did last night during his set were different than anything I have seen from the locals.

Any DJ who can go back to back on a 1 count riff in the middle of his set, then switch to half beats (usually hip hop DJs do this... and badly) before going in to a break is awesome. To do this without losing syncopation is even more awesome.. The crowd did not even know what he was up to. They thought it was just the record...ha.

I didnt go to space last night, but I'll go by what I heard on the radio. for my taste, I think Jules rocked. Theres no way one could label this DJ. I think he's a great DJ just for the purpose of been able to mix From Techno to Progressive to Funky House.. I mean, you got a whole package there. I felt the energy that Jules was bringing, I loved it. As of BBB, man..no wonder he;s one of the bests, the way mixed and scratched.. wa.. great.

tonight, Gabriel and Dresden.. Ive only heard their Essential mix for Radio 1, was good.. lets see what its all about tonight.