Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Question for DJ's that travel/fly...

djss

Does anyone know the rules on carry-ons now when taking your vinyl on a plane?

Also has anyone had problems checking in your record cases/boxes on a flight?

I don't want to have any problems and i would die if anything happened to my vinyl, so please help me

if you have had experience with this.

Thankyou in advance,

SS:D

bro, ALWAYS keep your records where you can see them. You can carry your box/bag on as a carry on. The most they will do is look thru your box/bag. I haven't had any problems taking them as a carry on. They're just a pain in the ass walking thru the airport with.

thanks guys for the info...i really rather carry them on with me as mrmiami had mentioned

but i have to take quite a bit of material since i'll be spinning 3 nights and want to keep the

"recylcling" to a minimum...so whats the word on taking two carry-ons...

example: oddyssey case of 80 and a bag of 50...is there a limit to number of carry-ons and their size?

thanks again,

SS

check with your airline for carry-on restrictions. know the rules, arrive early, and don't make any strange comments to the security people. if you really want to minimize the bulk and weight of your records, use a bag, not a hard-shell case. you might also consider packing your vinyl in paper sleeves - no cardboard jackets - just for the trip. good luck, and bon voyage!