Clubplanet Nightlife Community

web design question

i'm building this site and I have this problem which is bugging me.

I picked a background with a hex code using dreamweaver MX. Now in photoshop 7.0 I assigned the same hex code to the background of the image. When viewed on some computers they don't match.

How do I calibrate photoshop? Is there anything that can be done? Thanks

Make your graphic again but do it on a transparent background. When its time to save it, go to Save for Web use the following settings: GIF, Selective, No Dither, 256 colors, click the box for Transparency.

Now pull down the Matte drop down, click Other and put the hex code in for the color. It should match up now.

Originally posted by Dee Phunk

Make your graphic again but do it on a transparent background. When its time to save it, go to Save for Web use the following settings: GIF, Selective, No Dither, 256 colors, click the box for Transparency.

Now pull down the Matte drop down, click Other and put the hex code in for the color. It should match up now.

Thanks.. that works perfectly..

BUT I've decided to use drop shadows and spot lights on the background so transparency won't work.

Any idea how to calibrate? What settings to use? Thanks

u can still use trancparency and it'll be ur best option, since u obiviosly using a color that is not supported by every graphic card -> hex code from background in dreamweaver is interpreted in real time and shows the corresponding color while ur pic has a fixed color and displayed to the best ability of the computer u viewing it on