Clubplanet Nightlife Community

P:M Sessions feat. MAZI - Saturday November 8th @ Luna

marcodavalos

This Saturday November 8th, P:M Sessions presents one of tech-house's finest DJ/producers:

MAZI

along with

Oscar Fonseca

Mazi is a true renaissance man of house music. A well-traveled DJ, prolific producer and re-mixer, label owner of Gourmet, Simple Soul Recordings, and an A&R man with an ear for finding new talent. Reigning from Chicago, but traveling the world, he has received international praise for re-defining the sounds of house music.

Recording as Mazi, Audio Soul Project, Studio Nova, MFO, Mise en Place and Right Side Reverse, his releases and remixes have appeared on such labels as NRK, 20/20 Vision, Catalyst, Airtight, Greyhound, Subliminal, Siesta, Guidance, and Eukahouse, to name a few.

His “journey†style DJ sets have steadily garnered him a reputation as a true taste maker on the dance floor, the past year alone taking him to Paris, London, Tokyo, Istanbul, Belgrade, Vancouver, Los Angeles, New York, and San Francisco.

mazi%20flyer%20front6copy.jpg

mazi%20flyer%20back%20cop3.jpg

This will certainly be one of the highlights of 2003. For list, good 'til 12:30 am, $10 thereafter, please e-mail us back at marco@pmsessions.com or blendproductions@hotmail.com

See you then.

MD

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AHHHHHHHH....its about damn time you guys posted this!!!!!

Great things happening at Luna.....MAZI doesn't dissapoint...one of my all-time favorites and not just because I grew up in the scene listening to this guy back home...so much talent!

THIS WILL ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't sleep on this man, he brings nothing but dirty funky HOUSE that moves all dancefloors...unfortunately one of his best sets I have ever heard was lost when groovetech went down, but if anybody heard his Baltic Room set you know what I am talking about.

Oh yes, finally we're getting some much needed talent in Miami. Mazi is NOT to be missed and I repeat.. NOT TO BE MISSED! Audio Soul Project head honcho is one of the best in the business. His remixes and productions have found it's way into my crates a long, long time ago. This guy does not fuck around. This will be one of the best sets of 2003 I guarantee. Brace yourself. PM Sessions is embarking on a beautiful journey. Hope all of ya will be there.

Originally posted by digital7

Oh yes, finally we're getting some much needed talent in Miami. Mazi is NOT to be missed and I repeat.. NOT TO BE MISSED! Audio Soul Project head honcho is one of the best in the business. His remixes and productions have found it's way into my crates a long, long time ago. This guy does not fuck around. This will be one of the best sets of 2003 I guarantee. Brace yourself. PM Sessions is embarking on a beautiful journey. Hope all of ya will be there.

You know this man!

133106Mazi-thumb.bmp

I will be there 4-SHuR :aright:

Originally posted by lyrik

I was guessing that you would update that Nov 8th date in your sig. once this was out. You have good taste my friemd.

:D Thanx, but I am still mostly clueless on lots of top acts. Always can count on p:m sessions to introduce me to new interesting sound though.

yeah anyone who likes house music even a little needs to come to this show... especially if you like to hear what other DJ's in the country are doing, not just the same locals you hear every week, I mean support your locals, but get a taste of something different too.... If you don't buy vinyl then you probably never heard of Mazi, so maybe you're thinking "I have no idea who he is, maybe I won't like him....." well don't worry, trust PM Sessions! you will like it, he is great, he's been at this for many years, he has realeased hundreds of records, and he's not really traditional Chicago style either, he's got a very fresh tech-house sound, interesting enough for the underground house heads, and more than funky enough for people that just want to dance and have a good time... what more could you ask for! plus the venue is very cool, and the sound is amazing!

cya there! :D

Originally posted by eKiTeL

yeah anyone who likes house music even a little needs to come to this show... especially if you like to hear what other DJ's in the country are doing, not just the same locals you hear every week, I mean support your locals, but get a taste of something different too.... If you don't buy vinyl then you probably never heard of Mazi, so maybe you're thinking "I have no idea who he is, maybe I won't like him....." well don't worry, trust PM Sessions! you will like it, he is great, he's been at this for many years, he has realeased hundreds of records, and he's not really traditional Chicago style either, he's got a very fresh tech-house sound, interesting enough for the underground house heads, and more than funky enough for people that just want to dance and have a good time... what more could you ask for! plus the venue is very cool, and the sound is amazing!

cya there! :D

100%...Mazi is one those DJs that can bang it out, go deep, funky, tech and play totally to the CROWD!

A friend checked out Mazi @ Fabric this yr. and told me he packed the house+ really pleased the crowd. If he can take the Fabric crowd w/ no hesitation.... imagine what he can do @ Luna.(wornder what the hell he played @ Fabric?). He can play from the most technical point of view- to a more relaxed party atmosphere, hope he can give us a bit of both. My friend described his set as real techy and at some points pretty hard stuff too. His set are much harder and better than his impecable productions...so you go figure. He plays funky as hell as Ekitel described him, its weird funky tech house with atmospheric breakdowns that make each record different from each other and from the typical house recs...cool stuff. He mixes flawlessly, produces the same way... we are in for a ride. Happy as hell to open for him...have tons of his recs. See you there! ;)

You guys have said it before and I'll say it again... Nothing more one could ask for. :D

I couldn't be more excited about this. It will be a night of AWESOME music indeed. Oscar will deliver a masterful opening set once again... only to be followed by one of the tech-house legends of our time.

It's ALL of it, at its best.

Mazi was just here in Tampa (it's his home awayfrom home...believe it or not)...we've had him here roughly 5 times now in the last 21/2 years......he's an AMAZING DJ, awesome guy and really into music.....he'll talk shop but you BETTER know what your talking about.....

Marco & crew have a great time.......tell Dave Preston, Joshua Wilkins in Tampa says hello.......

enjoy ur nite fellas (somebody PLEASE record).....I'll trade ya

;)