If you love:

Art

Music

Fashion

Culture

Sex

Money

& Jelly Doughnuts

Then boy do we have a job for you! Join the crobar team as we create history.

We're looking for:

Bartenders

Waitresses

VIP hostesses

Bar backs

Security

Doormen

Hosts

GoGo Dancers

Maitre D's

Entertainers

Bizarre Acts

Circus Freaks

Fire Breathers

Conjoined Twins

Hula Hoopers

Midgets

Sex-Kittens

Divas

Dykes

Trannies

Drag Kings

Drag Queens

blah blah blah...

Come meet the managers, Marty and Adam!

Apply in person on SATURDAY 11.8.03 &/or SUNDAY 11.9.03

from 2pm till 8pm at 530 West 28th Street btw 10th and 11th Avenue.

YOU MUST BRING A RESUME or you will not be considered.

NO FAXES OR PHONE CALLS please

Good Luck!

My King of the Drag vote goes to Anthony Lamont. He shouldnt have to audition....he has the best karma amongst the queens....in costume or not.

But, the story is Cal Fortis (owner) is an Ass? Or we shall learn the way we learned with Exit.

Well, let's see will it be quality or quantity..........the way the front of Crobar is run on a Saturday night (in miami) is simply chaotic and disorganized.

Originally posted by muzikchick

My King of the Drag vote goes to Anthony Lamont. He shouldnt have to audition....he has the best karma amongst the queens....in costume or not.

But, the story is Cal Fortis (owner) is an Ass? Or we shall learn the way we learned with Exit.

Well, let's see will it be quality or quantity..........the way the front of Crobar is run on a Saturday night (in miami) is simply chaotic and disorganized.

Although some people may not need an audition (in your opinion) we would not hire someone on just their reputation.

As regards to your comment about Cal Fortis, well I guess we are all entitled to our opinions.

Please know however that Cal has invested a lot of time and money into creating an experience that will be both innovative and refreshing.

He has brought in a huge talent of creative people that are very dedicated in making Crobar something we will all be proud of. Building Crobar NYC is not down to 1 single person but a team of individuals who all have their part to play in the process.

This is from the door person to the DJ to the bartenders etc etc.

Learning from our mistakes is what will help us improve service, although I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the staff of Crobar NYC.

If after we are open you feel things are not correct, then simply bring your issues to the attention of management and we will do our best to correct any problems.

As far as your comments about the door in Miami, we will bring these to the attention of the management and hope your future experience is much better.

Crobar NYC

Well, your approach to your opening seems as your trying to appeal to the club kid masses.

The best parties were the ones that you heard about through your friends, by the time the kiddies found out about it...the party was over, as in over crowded, over drugged, blah, blah, blah................................Target Market: Anyone with 25 bucks--Quantity over Quality.....pretty obvious.

That's the way Marvisi does it, hey atleast we know what's coming.

Good luck with it, anyhow.

Originally posted by webpromo

Well, your approach to your opening seems as your trying to appeal to the club kid masses.

The best parties were the ones that you heard about through your friends, by the time the kiddies found out about it...the party was over, as in over crowded, over drugged, blah, blah, blah................................Target Market: Anyone with 25 bucks--Quantity over Quality.....pretty obvious.

That's the way Marvisi does it, hey atleast we know what's coming.

Good luck with it, anyhow.

Thanks for your opinion. In a way you are right but in the days of hearing about parties through friends, there was no Internet. I'm talking about the 80's and to an extent the early 90's

Now however we have the Internet and it has opened up the global community to a level unthinkable a few years ago.

This board is a good example of how the clubbing public and the clubs themselves can have a rapport and discuss the issues in a way that was previously impossible.

If you think a club or DJ or Promoter sucks, you post it up on a board and millions of readers will see it in a matter of minutes. Thats a pretty powerful tool, but also it elliminates the very thing you were describing.

The masses are going to know and hear about something as well as everyone else, Both cool and uncool are in the same loop now. Therefore my point is that it would be impossible to try and cater to one specific group and elliminate another.

Crobar is not trying to be anything but a good place for entertainment and community and to try and correct the mistakes of the past. To make the experience both enjoyable and worthwhile.

Some will love it and some will hate it but all we can do is try to make it work.

Whoever comes is up to them.

Anthony Lamont is nothing but annoying.

That stupid yelling he does and chanting over the music is nothing but misery.

He was retarded at Exit when he was there and he'll suck at Crobar.

Let him stick to Cheetah sundays..

Originally posted by bionic

Anthony Lamont is nothing but annoying.

That stupid yelling he does and chanting over the music is nothing but misery.

He was retarded at Exit when he was there and he'll suck at Crobar.

Let him stick to Cheetah sundays..

Anthony Lamont is the man!

AH AHHHHHHHH!

Originally posted by 530west28

Thanks for your opinion. In a way you are right but in the days of hearing about parties through friends, there was no Internet. I'm talking about the 80's and to an extent the early 90's

Now however we have the Internet and it has opened up the global community to a level unthinkable a few years ago.

This board is a good example of how the clubbing public and the clubs themselves can have a rapport and discuss the issues in a way that was previously impossible.

If you think a club or DJ or Promoter sucks, you post it up on a board and millions of readers will see it in a matter of minutes. Thats a pretty powerful tool, but also it elliminates the very thing you were describing.

The masses are going to know and hear about something as well as everyone else, Both cool and uncool are in the same loop now. Therefore my point is that it would be impossible to try and cater to one specific group and elliminate another.

Crobar is not trying to be anything but a good place for entertainment and community and to try and correct the mistakes of the past. To make the experience both enjoyable and worthwhile.

Some will love it and some will hate it but all we can do is try to make it work.

Whoever comes is up to them.

you can start correcting now by returning emails and phone calls from promoters that are trying to help you.....

you are already making mistakes with the industry crowd...

Originally posted by 530west28

There are still great parties that you hear about from friends, but also back in the 80's and early 90's clubs were not advertising on the radio or newspapers like today. It must meant to be quiet. Belive it or not right here in NYC there are still great parties that i never hear on the radio or even on message boards.

How to eliminate the undesirable from a place; have a door policy about more than taking the person's 25 dollars and letting them in.

Everyone talks of the good old days but most forget these clubs had a strict door policy. You had to have a look or something special to be included into the party.

Please just do this right and not be all about greed

i will believe it when i see it

Hey Crobar,

I am curious why you keep referring to the past nightclubs and you are going to be better. You guys have been closed in Chicago because you fucked up and your club in Miami is run by Moron's. Now you are the authority on NYC nightlife. GET REAL. I wish you the best but you have to prove yourself in this town and so far your track record is none.

Well, in Miami....it's quantity, certainly not quality.

With Cal Fortis its QUANITY. All he cares about is having his club full at all times.

I know because I knew some of his employees who told me about some of their weekly marketing meetings.

Supposedly in Miami...."They have it (keeping the club full) down to a science".

There was also rumors the owner can get shady with his competition, as in paying officials to give other clubs problems....shut them down, etc.

Ofcourse, these are rumors, but they came from their own employees.

Yes, the best parties are found out about word of mouth, those are the ones that will not advertise. I think that still holds true today. I see another Exit coming. We all know that venue.

p.s.--there was one dj they (crobar) tried to steal from a very hot night at another club on a week night. even with more money offered the dj said no.

it's nice to know, some people still have ethics.

Eric Morrilo!!!

And I hope that this is not another Exit, it will not last the year.

Don't you people kind of feel like you're preaching to the choir a bit? Telling the owners/managers of a club how to run the space? It's nice that you all know so much better but... don't you figure these people have half a clue if they open their own [huge] space in New York?