Clubplanet Nightlife Community

That sucks, the Marlins don't have enough $$$

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

and with a march 15 deadline, marlines are doomed to fail in miami...

2006 contraction (which according to guyman is just a ploy by the owners)

They need about 170 million more, tax payers are not going to give any more

March 15 deadline or no money

The site next to the orange bowl won't work

Downtown miami reminds me of the cuban camp in Scare Face, no white person with money will go there, opps wait no one goes any how and pudge is a free agent...

O

V

A

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they move the new stadium to where the Miami Arena is; I will never go to a game. Unless I am chaperoned by drsatan;) or Mr Guyman personally....

Leave em' at the joe.... it's an easy commute for me....:D

Or build the new stadium in Hollywood:idea: okay okay, just kidding;)

The city is giving them $73 million; the team has to provide $100+ million, and the other $115+ comes from:confused:

Don King:confused:

J-Lo:confused:

Yo momma:confused:

Maybe they should cut some of Pudge's pay-roll:laugh: For some reason, I don't see that happening:eek:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by mrmatas2277

its going to happen....new stadium WILL be built...and the "white" fans WILL come...building it closer to Miami means more lazy hispanics will show up...:idea:

more hispanics = less normal people...

Originally posted by lolahotass

If they move the new stadium to where the Miami Arena is; I will never go to a game. Unless I am chaperoned by drsatan;) or Mr Guyman personally....

I used to go to a ton of games at that place.... The hood sucks, but it is always safe w/ thousands of cops. Its not a bad location.

Saleen will be wrong again on this. At least he is consistent.

I think building the stadium in Broward would the best decision. It would not alienate anyone north or south since it could be centrally located near 595/ I95 or by the Airport would be a great location. The opportunity of building it in Dade will come to haunt them in the long run. Look at the attendance now, the majority of season ticket holders are from Broward and even Palm Beach since these are the family oriented wealthier neighborhoods. How many people do you know that live on Miami Beach or Coconut Grove that do not drive anywhere? They stay in there area and usually do not venture out, and most likely do not give a damn about the Marlins or even know there is a team here. I know there is a big push from the City of Miami for the stadium but i hope Broward county and Ft Lauderdale step up and try and make a counter offer. I think the good option for new financing is to look at corporate sponsors, how about the Bank of America stadium?

Originally posted by erickamikaze

I think building the stadium in Broward would the best decision. It would not alienate anyone north or south since it could be centrally located near 595/ I95 or by the Airport would be a great location. The opportunity of building it in Dade will come to haunt them in the long run. Look at the attendance now, the majority of season ticket holders are from Broward and even Palm Beach since these are the family oriented wealthier neighborhoods. How many people do you know that live on Miami Beach or Coconut Grove that do not drive anywhere? They stay in there area and usually do not venture out, and most likely do not give a damn about the Marlins or even know there is a team here. I know there is a big push from the City of Miami for the stadium but i hope Broward county and Ft Lauderdale step up and try and make a counter offer. I think the good option for new financing is to look at corporate sponsors, how about the Bank of America stadium?

yea...but we all know that the Broward/West Palm fans WILL drive to Dade County to see the Marlins...so they will be there...the problem is in the Dade County fans, that are EXTREMELY lazy...if the park gets built in Dade County, people can take Metrorail to the ball park...and not deal with the traffic and parking issues...those in Broward/West Palm can take the Tri-rail to the Metrorail station...as for attendance...they team wasnt doing well in the beginning of the season and attendance was shitty...but what happened once they got into the hunt for the wild card? (guyman and I are getting TIRED of re-stating this over and over) the attendance went up 40%, so did TV viewing...if they keep a competitive team on the field in 2004, people will show up...plain and simple...no one (anywhere) goes to watch a losing franchise, case in point--the Miami Heat...when Riley was in charge and the Heat were making the playoffs, attendance was very good...how is attendance now? give the fans a good product, they will back it up....alot of Miami people might be "fair weather" fans, but there are loyal fans (me being one of them)...btw, i am looking into purchasing Season tix to the Marlins next year (when i say me i mean: me, mom, dad, cousin, his wife and some other members of my family..including their and our friends)...u will see a rise in attendance next season if the team stays intact...

Mr. Saleen, its nice to know you can add, but theres one thing you missed out....

Thanks to a pledge of millions in tax money by county commissioners Tuesday, the Florida Marlins are one step closer to getting a new baseball stadium built.

In the first vote by a government board on this latest stadium proposal, Miami-Dade County commissioners decided 9-4 to provide $73 million in public funding for a new $325 million stadium in downtown Miami.

Some supporters said the timing is perfect for the Marlins, who won the World Series last month.

''They have become a treasure to our residents in the last few months,'' Commissioner Rebeca Sosa said. ``It's going to bring more people to our hotels and restaurants.''

The commissioners agreed to allocate $35 million from the convention development tax and $38 million from the professional sports franchise facility tax. Both get their money from taxes on tourist hotels.

Marlins President David Samson said the vote was a good first step.

''Any type of support from any level of government is encouraging,'' he said.

The county vote came despite deep reservations by some commissioners and the city of Miami Beach, which opposes the plan because the CDT tax money the county pledged to the Marlins would otherwise go to the city for renovations to the Miami Beach Convention Center.

If the Marlins have not reached a financing deal by March 15, which is a deadline set by the commission, the Marlins would lose the county's pledge and the CDT money would likely go to Miami Beach.

TEAM'S PROMISE

While the Marlins have also promised to put up $137 million for a stadium, that still leaves a $115 million funding gap that must be closed in the next four months.

Potential players that may also contribute to a stadium include the city of Miami, the state, and private investors. None has promised any money. But Miami City Manager Joe Arriola has said that the city is looking for an appropriate place to build a stadium, including the Orange Bowl and Miami Arena areas.

County Mayor Alex Penelas said that the March 15 deadline leaves room for local governments to seek a public vote in the form of a referendum for permission to use public resources. He said a ''Super Tuesday'' presidential primary scheduled for early March presents an opportunity for municipalities to ask voters for permission to fund the Marlins.

OPTION OF A VOTE

''It leaves open the option of a public vote, but I think it can happen without a vote,'' Penelas said.

Commissioners who supported the measure said it was crucial for the future of the Marlins.

''This stadium will bring the resources needed for them to continue in South Florida,'' Sosa said.

But several commissioners voiced concerns.

Commissioner Jimmy Morales, who is running for county mayor, said he did not want to rush into a vote to promise so much money without studying the issue more closely.

''We are leaping into the void,'' Morales said. ``We are rushing to capitalize on fanaticism.''

Commissioners Bruno Barreiro, Betty Ferguson, Katy Sorenson and Morales voted against the resolution. Commissioners Jose ''Pepe'' Diaz, Sally Heyman, Dorrin Rolle, Natacha Seijas, Javier Souto, Joe Martinez, Dennis Moss, Barbara Carey-Shuler and Sosa voted in favor.

SAMSON PLEASED

Samson said he was pleased with the vote. To come up with their part of the money, Samson explained that the team would borrow from investors against future revenues.

Barreiro, who introduced an alternative resolution, said the money would serve the taxpayers better by going to the Miami Beach Convention Center, a proven economic engine for the county.

Miami Beach Mayor David Dermer hinted at the possibility of legal action against the county.

''Our attorneys will give us an analysis as to what our actions will be,'' Dermer said Tuesday. ``I continue to believe that the CDT tax money should go to the Miami Beach convention center for its upgrading and improvement.''

WHY YOU KILLING IT SO EARLY DUDE.....DONT GET MAAD CAUSE THE MARLINS KICKED YOUR YANKEES ASS!

:blown:

Guest saleen351

tac13081, i read all the articles last night and this morning...

They are short atleast 150 million and god knows it will go way over budget... Orange bowl has no shot at happening, they are going to knock all those houses down, and build a stadium while the orange bowl gets redone, then you have to build roads to get into the stadium. Who's gonna go to a marlins game at 7pm and deal with the traffic and bullshit down there? The broward folk won't get on 95 south at 6pm to deal with an hours worth of traffic to see a game in such a shitty area.. Football is on sat and sunday!!!!!!

The mayor is right, convention centers are a better business model then a baseball team... If the marlins were here for 30 years, then maybe, but i think the voters will say no if it goes to a vote, and then what happens? They stay at PP and continue to loose money...

The new stadium will be in Dade - Miami somewhere. Having it in Broward would be nice, but the city won't cough up that money since they are still paying for the ODC.........

Unfortunately I can't make a ton of games, so regardless where the stadium is built - if theres a game I want to go to, then I'll go. It's as simple as that.

Its just too bad for the season ticket holders in Broward/Palm beach that drove to the Joe for the past 11 years now have to sit in more traffic to follow their team... but such is life I suppose. If they don't then the team can always move to Virginia or something:( And we don't want/need that.

If you guys are considering traffic...then downtown would be perfect....theres only traffic coming outta downtown(I know I work there) at that hour so it will just mean that the 9-5ers downtown will likely work a little later to stay and watch a good game no matter whats the weather outside and the people from broward wont have a problem coming down here....just think about it guys...if a stadium is built where the miami arena is --you just take the metro and it drops ur ass rite there! Also if the city is bitching about rebuilding the downtown area this is their first opportunity to build something special and have other business/sports bars/clubs/ lounges build around them....I know it will take time, (overtown is not my cup of tea) but the stadium will bring more and more possibilities.....the dome wouldnt be too far from clubs such as nocturnal, 34 and that whole strip they are trying to build there....so you catch a good game then head out to the club ready to go!:)

I think there should be a vote on where the stadium should go......

I VOTE MIAMI ARENA ! :D

Why you guys want a new stadium. It will take the Marlins another 10 years to win a world series. In ten years all is going to happened is the team owners will loose money. It is a risk and a lot of money to please some true Marlin fans. It happened once, and again they dont have enough money to rebuilt the team. Its going to be a shitty team for good 5 or ten years unless all the players get a paycut and play for free.

Well i don't see the need for the new stadium either but since Hyzinga (however you spell his name) doesn't own the team any longer, i don't think he wants them at the Joe. But what gets me is he owns the parking there, so he makes a killing in parking... $20 a car at the W.S.... He made MILLIONS the last month of baseball. He's such a tool.

Either way, as long as it doesn't effect my taxes, then I say more power to it.:eek:

Originally posted by rafaelmendez

Why you guys want a new stadium. It will take the Marlins another 10 years to win a world series. In ten years all is going to happened is the team owners will loose money. It is a risk and a lot of money to please some true Marlin fans. It happened once, and again they dont have enough money to rebuilt the team. Its going to be a shitty team for good 5 or ten years unless all the players get a paycut and play for free.

I'm very tired of posting the History of Baseball in South Florida... But, here it goes again...

First - Rafael - with all due respect - you have zero understanding of the economics of Marlins Baseball and baseball in general. And, second... I'd sign on the dotted line if we could guarantee a World Series win every TEN years! Just think about how stupid your comment is... do you think the Cubs fans are willing to have one World Series win in their lifetimes?

The Marlins need a home of their own for one major reason - THEY NEED TO GET MONEY FROM PARKING, SUITES, AND FOOD & BEVERAGES. This money will enable them to spend more on quality players and be more competative on the field. The money that I'm talking about now goes to Wayne H. (who has nothing to do with the Florida Marlins except he is their landlord.

Also, they will keep a core group of players from this team. There will be no major sellout like when Mr. H fucked us.

I'm tired.

Originally posted by guyman1966

The Marlins need a home of their own for one major reason - THEY NEED TO GET MONEY FROM PARKING, SUITES, AND FOOD & BEVERAGES. This money will enable them to spend more on quality players and be more competative on the field. The money that I'm talking about now goes to Wayne H. (who has nothing to do with the Florida Marlins except he is their landlord.

Also, they will keep a core group of players from this team. There will be no major sellout like when Mr. H fucked us.

Understand 100% GM66 - well said;)

I say kill the pink elephant and go from there.....

Marlins have been in existance for 10 years.....2 World Series championships!

At this rate, their next run should be in about 5 years......:idea:

Cubs fans WOULD KILL for that kinda of odds.......

Wayne H Pinga loves the Marlins now cause they are making him lots of money :rolleyes:

Yes they do ned a new stadium,im tired of seeing when the dolphins play at home and theres that orange dirt in the middle of the field. :mad:

I was listenning to ZETA 94.9 this morning and all the folks from Broward County were calling and bitching that it shouldnt be moved to DADE COUNTY, I was like wtf? Whats the problem,just drive and stfu ! ! ! ! ! The people from dade county went and? The fuck in Broward you have the Dolphins,thats not good enough? :blown: I can care less its not like im gonna go see em anyways......... :laugh: :laugh: best place for them to built the new stadium is back where the meekosukee (lol) Indians are located .........:laugh: