Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dallas?

moto

Originally posted by moto

Any good clubs/lounges in Dallas? I'm gonna b there this wknd (1st time) & I wanted to know if anybody knew of any good places to go (is the EDM scene any good there?) :confused:

Call Millie. She lives out there. Just go to any seedy bar and check the men's stall. You'll find her phone number there. :tongue:

shit you're f-ing kdding me. i'm finally getting out of dallas this weekend and you're coming down!!! dammit.

oh well...a few suggestions:

-blue. cheesy superclub, a "scene", sometimes has decent music though. www.bluevip.com. not sure who's there this weekend. digweed is playing here jan 2, deep dish is coming thansgiving i think.

-ruby room at red jacket. when my friends spin there, it's got a great, blue room-like vibe. red jacket is connected to it, a bigger club which you can check out. www.thejacket.com

-umlaut. very nice little underground lounge feel, kinda like an upscale red. sorry not sure who's there this weekend. would be a good place to start a night off at.

-seven. closest thing to 5 in dallas, imo. friday nights are jay winborn, kinda a weak nietzsche but some decent prog. www.sevendallas.com

there's more but these are prolly your best bets.

ruby room (in the back of red jacket) and seven. there is a bar down in deep ellum called "the velvet hooka" they play pretty down tempo stuff. their atmosphere is cool though. there used to be more going on but a lot of the smaller places have closed down :( have fun and give and give a shout out to richardson for me ( if you pass through) :D

Originally posted by MadamMillie

shit you're f-ing kdding me. i'm finally getting out of dallas this weekend and you're coming down!!! dammit.

Thanks for all the suggestions Millie.:)

I was looking for 4 a cool lounge (like Blue Room) w/good musak to start off the nite & then something like Buzz or 5 for later (or any good clubs w/good DJ's/atmosphere).

We have it soo good here in DC comparing to other cities. I was in Houston at the begining of the yr & I was able to find a couple of cool lounges but the clubs (at least the ones I was told to go to) were pretty cheesy :confused:

Originally posted by pixie360

ruby room (in the back of red jacket) and seven. there is a bar down in deep ellum called "the velvet hooka" they play pretty down tempo stuff. their atmosphere is cool though. there used to be more going on but a lot of the smaller places have closed down :( have fun and give and give a shout out to richardson for me ( if you pass through) :D

Thanx pixie360 & xlr8ted, I'll check 'em out. :grin3:

Originally posted by moto

Thanks for all the suggestions Millie.:)

I was looking for 4 a cool lounge (like Blue Room) w/good musak to start off the nite & then something like Buzz or 5 for later (or any good clubs w/good DJ's/atmosphere).

We have it soo good here in DC comparing to other cities. I was in Houston at the begining of the yr & I was able to find a couple of cool lounges but the clubs (at least the ones I was told to go to) were pretty cheesy :confused:

youre welcome louis:)

i'd suggest for friday night, starting off at velvet hookah and then going to seven, since they're in the same general vicinity (deep ellum). maybe sat night, start off at umlaut and then go to blue, which are both downtown. i dunno if you're gonna like blue though, it's kinda like platinum.

i wouldnt suggest area 51...it's a lot like glow.

of course there are the country clubs too which are always a laff:) i forget the name of the big one though, it's off of i-75.

but you cant go wrong hitting up random bars in deep ellum. my favorite one has closed down though:( umm...i think thats all my suggestions. good luck!

btw if you go to blue, it was a dress code.