Clubplanet Nightlife Community

XBOX Help

guyman1966

Originally posted by guyman1966

What is that and where can I buy it?

Its a repair kit that fills in the scratches; pretty sweet...they sell it at SPECS or Best Buy...there are two versions...one thats manual or the electronic one. I think the electronice one is 10 to 15 more. The manual runs about 30 bucks.

Guest saleen351

you can do it, but you'll need a chip put in yout xbox to play them, and thats illegal, but done for only 40 bucks, however then you xbox won't work on xbox live, since their online system can detect the chip, then you can't play online, but then again, www.xbconnect.com

where all the hacked boxes can play...

just take better care of your discs, or do the wallmart trick, buy a game, switch them, and return it... do it in cash..

Wallmart tricks works good. I only did that once though and not for a game but i think it was the dreamcast. Like after a month I bought it shit fell and quit working, so I bought a new one at sears and traded the insides and brought it back :eek: Hopefully no kiddies went out and bought my beat up dreamcast :laugh:

That's always been my issue with optical disc based gaming systems, people tend to treat the games like shit. I long for the days of Nintendo carts...you could toss 'em around, the whole bit...and if they fucked up, it was due to some dirty connectors, nothing a little rubbing alcohol wouldn't fix. It's too bad chips cost so much, otherwise they'd be great for PS2 games....if the PS2 was a cart system, the games'd easily cost over $100.

Guest saleen351

there is simple fix...

some cd systems have a system sort like the sony mini disc, its in plastic and only time the slot opens is when the laser hits the area, sort like old floppy discs..

Originally posted by guyman1966

Every time I buy a game, my kids seem to find a way to fuck up the CD... Is there a way to make a duplicate w/ a burner? That way I can protect the original...

(I have an iMac w/ external burner)

They're probably PLAYSTATION fans........ :laugh: