Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NYC needs a kick in the ass

ok so like many here i think NYC needs a good kick in the ass when it comes to nightlife, i am not from NY..originally but i do goto school here....i used to vist back in 99-00 when some very good times were had....now that i live here it seems to be lacking....i have been to avalon in NY and many times in boston....i think the diference between the two clubs is that boston peps goto avalon to party, have a good time, get drunk ...and listen to some good music while they are there...i happen to like avalon in NY...execpt for some minor things....however i can see these issues fading with time...ok back to what i wana say......i had to kill some time in the city yesterday so i went to go see if i could find crobar and spirt....i drove by both around 10 and it seems that both are well on there way to be open....spirit has huge wooden doors with a sun in middle of them kinda cool.....there is also a large number of work permits on the door a good sign....crobar had a door open so as i drove by i peeked in....i think i pissed off the security guard opps....didnt see much but i am hopping for the best.....we will all see soon enough......:pint: :pint: :rock:

All things in life are cyclical and what's goes up must come down. NYC was at its peak in the 90s and lost its luster post 2000. Its been down for a while, but this is NYC - it will bounce back, eventually.

And then I will come out of my self-imposed retirement and make a comeback ;-)

be patient ;)

I have a lot of faith that it will make a great return in the next 6 months...

Crobar, Spirit, Avalon, Deep, a new and improved Centro, Arc, Sullivan...and a few new spots opening up soon. It will def take a turn for the better soon IMO.

Originally posted by az-tec

be patient ;)

I have a lot of faith that it will make a great return in the next 6 months...

Crobar, Spirit, Avalon, Deep, a new and improved Centro, Arc, Sullivan...and a few new spots opening up soon. It will def take a turn for the better soon IMO.

I have to agree with you on this one. The talent that has been in the city at these newer venues has been great. It will only get better as the other open. I think when the competition gets steeper between the venues..the best nights will happen.

I definitley see nyc becoming a year round WMC very soon.

hang in there all..you will sure to be smilin by January....

I agree this NYC scene has been asleep for quite some time ...

no one cares about the party anymore

need some new creativity

I plan on bringing allot of changes for the better in my DJ Career

looking forward to the new spots to open so I can start making moves

Keep the vibe up ..people

darkerheadshot2.JPG

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by ukyo

What we need are clubs w/o a dress code!! >=oP I mean... how do they expect peeps to dance if they can't move that well when they are all dressed up...

'

The wait is going to be alot less than you expect..

Trust me on this one...

:tongue: