Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Club Abyss: Hit and Run

***THIS IS A SERIOUS POST AND IF YOU CRACK JOKES YOU ARE AN ASSHOLE***

Ok.. any of you that went to Abyss Halloween night knows about the girl that was hit on Route 35 then left in the road by the jerk that did it.

Being that I was there for about an hour or so because the valet idiots lost my keys.. I pretty much witnessed the whole thing and I can't find any news about how she is.

Does anyone know?

I don't know the facts with this case but in general it kills me. She ain't the first person to be hit there. A few people have been that's why they HAVE to have crossing guards there now. I don't know what the specifics were with this case but the 2 of the other cases I know the dumbass kids deserved it. One "didn't feel like waiting" so he just bounced across the highway and became road kill:bits: , the other was sooooo drunk he actually thought the cars would "bounce" off him, :shoot: I 'll never forget that night. I just don't undestand how people get hit like that...Its like people who get hit by trains, HELLO did u not see it or hear it or see the flashing lights and the gates down?:confused:? If you are dumb enought to get hit by it still you deserve it caus eyou can't be doing any good in soceity if ur that dumb. :blown:

This is all i found a few days ago.....i dont know how she is or anything else...i searched but couldnt find....

Hit-and-run victim in critical condition

Sunday, November 02, 2003

A young woman was in critical condition last night after being struck by a car in an early morning hit-and-run incident on Route 35 in Sayreville. Authorities said the driver turned himself in to police a few hours after the collision.

The woman, identified as Kerry Scharschmidt, 24, was hit about 1:45 a.m. while attempting to cross the road in front of the Deko Lounge, at 1949 Route 35, according to the Middlesex County Prosecutor's Office.

From our Advertisers

The car was driven by Georgi Santiago, 31, of Aberdeen, who "had a green light," said Assistant Prosecutor Nicholas Sewitch. Santiago drove away and went home, where he contacted his attorney, authorities said. The lawyer called Sayreville police and arranged for his client to turn himself in, which he did shortly after 5 a.m.

Scharschmidt suffered life-threatening injuries, Sewitch said. She was listed in critical condition at University Hospital in Newark. Her hometown had not been determined yesterday.

Sewitch said Scharschmidt and a group of friends were heading across the road to Club Abyss at the time of the accident. While others in the group decided to wait for the traffic light, Scharschmidt decided to cross. "She thought she could make it," Sewitch said.

Santiago volunteered to be tested for alcohol or drugs, but authorities do not believe he was intoxicated, Sewitch said. The assistant prosecutor said Santiago is expected to be charged this week with leaving the scene of an accident.

You would think after the first accident someone would say lets spend the money and build an walkway that crosses over the road. To have patrons who have been drinking cross that road is a deathtrap waiting to happen. Also crossing guards cant stop drunk drivers from running over people. A crosswalk over the road is much cheaper than someones life.

Originally posted by kevtherev1

You would think after the first accident someone would say lets spend the money and build an walkway that crosses over the road. To have patrons who have been drinking cross that road is a deathtrap waiting to happen. Also crossing guards cant stop drunk drivers from running over people. A crosswalk over the road is much cheaper than someones life.

Believe me if that was a possibility it would have been done. Abyss owners would spare no expence to keep patrons safe. Please in the case of drunks walking. Do you think they would all walk up stairs across the road then walk down stairs just to cross the road when all they have to do is stumble across the road. There are zoning and building code laws that restrict one from just putting up a crossway over a major county road.

Originally posted by crazyclubhead

This is all i found a few days ago.....i dont know how she is or anything else...i searched but couldnt find....

While others in the group decided to wait for the traffic light, Scharschmidt decided to cross. "She thought she could make it," Sewitch said.

There we go again, instead of waiting for 40 seconds for the light to change She "thought she could make it" and there's your result.

Thank you for the feedback.

I felt so terrible witnessing that and I've just been wondering since last Friday if she survived or not. It didnt look too great when they put her in the ambulence and her friends were right next to me and they were in bad bad shape. Also, anyone that was there knows how far she got thrown extremely far and The image is still etched in my head.

That guy is a scumbag for not even stopping. How anyone can hit a person and worry about goin home to call a lawyer first is a piece of crap.. I can't even imagine hittin a squirrel and If I did I'd probably try to perform cpr on the thing myself.

Originally posted by deeelite1

That guy is a scumbag for not even stopping. How anyone can hit a person and worry about goin home to call a lawyer first is a piece of crap.. I can't even imagine hittin a squirrel and If I did I'd probably try to perform cpr on the thing myself.

i can understand the emotion involved in witnessing the accident. but we have laws, if we lived on judgements made purely on emotion, we would be living in a chaotic world. cant have it both ways. the law prohibits jaywalking and enforces traffic laws. sad to say, but the only thing is that this guy is guilty of not stopping after the accident. it could have been a reflex reaction to run.

remember, you try to compete with a motor car, you lose, plain and simple.

hope she pulls through.

just my $0.02

Originally posted by kaysersoze

i can understand the emotion involved in witnessing the accident. but we have laws, if we lived on judgements made purely on emotion, we would be living in a chaotic world. cant have it both ways. the law prohibits jaywalking and enforces traffic laws. sad to say, but the only thing is that this guy is guilty of not stopping after the accident. it could have been a reflex reaction to run.

remember, you try to compete with a motor car, you lose, plain and simple.

hope she pulls through.

just my $0.02

What this isn't a chaotic world? Please