Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Need Help For This Friday Night!! Help A Sister Out!!

Hello everyone...

I need help!! We are from Philly and are coming up for PVD at The Roxy this Friday night. I have never been there and I was just wondering a few things. Is The Roxy a nice place?? We've heard good things about it so far. How reasonable are the drinks in there? And does anyone know any good driving directions coming from 95South? Thanks so much for any and all help, I appreciate it!! Anyone else going??

Later,

Ash;)

how reasonable are the drinks??? It's New York City....no such thing as reasonabley priced drinks....unless your at a crummy place....that will entice you with cheap liquor. Roxy doesn't.

Although, some nights are open bar till 12, not on event nights, though....that's when they rack up.

Drinks $9.00 plus tip = $10.00

Coat Check $3.00 plus tip = $5.00

Parking: $15-20

Very nice place, get there early or you'll be on line at the piers. Make sure you use the rest rooms as soon as you get there...cuz bathroom facilities are not adequate for the crowd, and if you wait till you really have to go, you'll be waiting forever.

as for directions:

www.maps.com

Roxy phone: 212-645-5156

For driving, after crossing into NJ, you'd probably want to get onto US 1 N in Lawrenceville (the upcoming Rt 1 to NJ Turnpike segment might suck), then take the NJ Turnpike in New Brunswick (the approach street is also Rt 18 S), then exit at 14C (or whatever it is for the Holland Tunnel). After coming out of the Tunnel, move to the right, take the first right, then at the light, go straight. Continue to the end, which runs into West Side Highway. Turn right to go north on the West Side Highway, and when you see Chelsea Piers on your left, you're in the area. At W 18 St, look for a huge line of people on your right. :D

You can try for street parking (read the signs though!), but the safest bet is probably to park at a lot or garage. I believe there is a lot right next to the club, but I don't know the prices.

I hope this helps. You should double-check.

If anyone has a better idea for directions or parking, then post here.

Also, listen to 101.5 FM for traffic reports

An alternative way might be to go through the Newark Airport area, then take US 1 N to go to the Holland Tunnel.

Hey Ash see you there, Roxy is def a great venue for PVD and its def reasonable drink wise, etc. Directions, well Wallflour hooked that up and i wasnt to sure about some1 coming from Philly.

PVD less than 3 days lolol, cant wait to hear him put a hurting on us.

oh... if the Betsy Ross Bridge is on the way for you, then check out the directions given by Mapquest. It says something like cross that bridge, then take Rt 73, then the NJ Turnpike. I'm not familiar with going that way, but see if that might work better for you.