Clubplanet Nightlife Community

AT what age did u start clubbin and who got u into it?

Bling

Originally posted by guyman1966

When that was done we went into the club and hung out with all of their friends. Soon the snow began to fall and the place was nutz. Sex, Drugs and bad Disco music everywhere. People were lined up to do bumps off of some guys ass.

u just described last year's Christmas party at ur house...:eek:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by guyman1966

It was June 1978 when I walked into my first club. It was the Mother of all clubs - Studio 54. I was with my sister and her boyfriend and we just parked the car when her boyfriend broke out some herb. When that was done we went into the club and hung out with all of their friends. Soon the snow began to fall and the place was nutz. Sex, Drugs and bad Disco music everywhere. People were lined up to do bumps off of some guys ass.

Guyman was dancin' Brick House with Cher, Andy Warhol, Truman Capote and Liza Minelli :eek: :eek: :eek:

Originally posted by mischade

ah ChiTown... little later 4 me...16 years old, '96..... the Harvey...the Dolton.. "southside"..."live on the decks.." etc..

taking a train down to st. louis every year for a crazy Boogie Knights party in some big ass dirty warehouse...yyyyeah...

good times.

Yep Yep, Dolton Expo, Cavalinies, Route 66 roller rink...went to the 1st - 3 Live on the decks parties. Boogie Tribe, Vibeonauts, Pure Parties, Further Parties...after hours any where from Rockwell on the westside to the funeral home...good times.

I was a constant party goer from 93 until like 98 in Chicago, so chances are I may have ran into once or twice. Your name is?

I first started clubbing around 18 in cheesy little NYC clubs....mostly hip-hop and spanish. Plus I wasn't really into clubbing. But I really didn't start truely clubbing until I was 21 in Miami. At that time I was introduced into electronic music and Club Space and its all history from there. From there on, I would go out every Saturday to catch Oscar G @ Space. I've been clubbin' like a manic ever since. Thanx house music and O.G. :D

Originally posted by ecpolo521

I first started clubbing around 18 in cheesy little NYC clubs....mostly hip-hop and spanish. Plus I wasn't really into clubbing. But I really didn't start truely clubbing until I was 21 in Miami. At that time I was introduced into electronic music and Club Space and its all history from there. From there on, I would go out every Saturday to catch Oscar G @ Space. I've been clubbin' like a manic ever since. Thanx house music and O.G. :D

Dawm Burn out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :)

Originally posted by lyrik

Yep Yep, Dolton Expo, Cavalinies, Route 66 roller rink...went to the 1st - 3 Live on the decks parties. Boogie Tribe, Vibeonauts, Pure Parties, Further Parties...after hours any where from Rockwell on the westside to the funeral home...good times.

I was a constant party goer from 93 until like 98 in Chicago, so chances are I may have ran into once or twice. Your name is?

holy chitown party-people reunion!:D check pms

Chicago people I went to a rave once called Willyt Wonka and the chocolate factory like the movie that was insane. I dont remember too much all I know was that I will never attend a real rave like they had in Chicago area. Those where good days. Im over it I dont even like clubs anymore. I dont know what happen.

Originally posted by philippio

Technically I started clubbing when I was 15. My cousin got me into it. She was 18 at the time and tried to hook me up with one of her friends from school. Obviously we were not in the US. It was in Greece in the summer of 1993. Back then it was all Europop. I was sort of into that sound until I realized what real dj's were. That was when I saw Danny Tenaglia perform in Athens. I had no idea who he was. I just saw a NY Yankees hat in the booth and asked somebody who was djing and then they told me. From that moment, I was hooked. I didn't know all the subgenres of dance music but I started going out and learning. Then, I started listening toi Oakenfold and Sasha and Digweed and all those dj's. Then they got old and started doing it for the money so they didn't give a shit about being ecclectic with their sets. I gave up on big name dj's when I saw Howells at Arc. From that moment on, I vowed to stay away (except of course for DT's sets). Then I started getting into the roots of house music and I also liked the sound of the west because it sounded more "natural" and funky. Progressive had died for me a little while after Lucien Foort, Tarrantella and Redanka, etc, etc). I will now only settle for (under the house moniker) tech house, west coast house, deep house, latin funky house.

nice story Phil.. u touched me...

Now let me tell you guys a lil' story about how I got into clubbing...

I was born in a little club off the shores of Spain called Space in the island of Ibiza. My mother (a clubber before me), was there clubbing & doing what clubbers do with my father. She started to feel some discomfort in her tummy, so my father walked her in the dj booth & sat her down next to a dj by the name of Carl Cox (My dad knew him, that's why he could take her in there). Anyway, to make a long story short, it wasn't the alcohol or the herbs my mother took that day & night that was making her tummy hurt & inflated. It was actually me! Miraculously mr. Carl Cox delivered me from her womb & held me up high above his turn tables as the music played & everyone cheered with happiness & joy. That was my first taste of music & clubbing & I've been doin' it ever since... :heart:

started at age 15 in barranquilla /colombia....my cousin was the owner of the only nice club in the city..so i was one of the few underages allowed inside the club...i witnessed so many things..it was the golden years of the big drug dealers in colombia so they use to close the club and take care of all the tabs,bring all the models and make them strip,couple shootings every other week:blown: ......music was mostly pop,dance and rock....by age 18 or 19 electronic music hit the city in one gay club.....so we used to do parties in abandoned houses for a couple years,we use to put a big white flag with an X painted in black at the front door :laugh: :laugh: ....hit songs "children","night train","party time"...:laugh: :laugh: ......

Originally posted by raverdoll

Wow! this was a long time ago....

i was like 17. i used to go to Another World, The Spot, Paragon, Kitchen (on Collins)....

:afro: i miss those days...;)

HOLY FUCKIN SHIT !!!:eek: :eek: & WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN LIL LADY ?:D

Originally posted by biznation00

nice story Phil.. u touched me...

Now let me tell you guys a lil' story about how I got into clubbing...

I was born in a little club off the shores of Spain called Space in the island of Ibiza. My mother (a clubber before me), was there clubbing & doing what clubbers do with my father. She started to feel some discomfort in her tummy, so my father walked her in the dj booth & sat her down next to a dj by the name of Carl Cox (My dad knew him, that's why he could take her in there). Anyway, to make a long story short, it wasn't the alcohol or the herbs my mother took that day & night that was making her tummy hurt & inflated. It was actually me! Miraculously mr. Carl Cox delivered me from her womb & held me up high above his turn tables as the music played & everyone cheered with happiness & joy. That was my first taste of music & clubbing & I've been doin' it ever since... :heart:

:laugh: This is better than the story I made up! Good job! :laugh: