Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WTF is Beer Foam?

nexusgroove

Originally posted by sunnyhost

Actually, I looked it up too, Meng, but I found that there were several different theories on the foam. Hec, I even found that people use it for cooking. So instead of going through all the different theories...I say tilt the glass and 4getabowdit!:tongue:

I'll drink to that. :beer:

sec while I dust off my brain......

:) ahhhh... reality sucks...

ok beer, like soda is a carbonated beverage, that is it has carbon dioxide in it. (except guiness which has nitrogen I think :) )

a gas (CO2 in this case) does disolve in liquids (beer in this case)

the higher the pressure the easier it is for the gas to disolve.

beer in a bottle, keg, can is under presure, once you open or pour it, your releasing the preasure.

Then the more agitated you make it, the more of the gas/bubbles will come out of the beer.

and since beer has more particles and shit in it, that stuff sticks to the bubbles and forms the head. Basically its a little layer of beer around the bubbles. (just like a bubble bath)

once the bubbles pop or the layer of beer around them drains back into the glass, the head goes down.

by the way thats exactly what happens to scuba divers who get the bends. They were under the preasure of the water, and the nitrogen in the air disolves into their blood. Come up too quick and the presure releases, causing the same effect as the head on a beer to happen in all their cells..... not a good thing.

sheww... now I can go back to my typical 5% usage of my brain :)

now where did I put that 12 pack?

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by shroomy

by the way thats exactly what happens to scuba divers who get the bends. They were under the preasure of the water, and the nitrogen in the air disolves into their blood. Come up too quick and the presure releases, causing the same effect as the head on a beer to happen in all their cells..... not a good thing.

Thats in my NAUI handbook. I almost did that the first time I went down. I was 47 feet down and I couldn't equalize. I was in so much pain that I was hell bent on getting to the surface. Good thing it was pretty shallow so nothing happened.

Originally posted by shroomy

sec while I dust off my brain......

:) ahhhh... reality sucks...

ok beer, like soda is a carbonated beverage, that is it has carbon dioxide in it. (except guiness which has nitrogen I think :) )

a gas (CO2 in this case) does disolve in liquids (beer in this case)

the higher the pressure the easier it is for the gas to disolve.

beer in a bottle, keg, can is under presure, once you open or pour it, your releasing the preasure.

Then the more agitated you make it, the more of the gas/bubbles will come out of the beer.

and since beer has more particles and shit in it, that stuff sticks to the bubbles and forms the head. Basically its a little layer of beer around the bubbles. (just like a bubble bath)

once the bubbles pop or the layer of beer around them drains back into the glass, the head goes down.

sheww... now I can go back to my typical 5% usage of my brain :)

now where did I put that 12 pack?

we have a frat boy on CP!!!!!!!

Streaking.................................................!!!

;)

Originally posted by CrzyC

What prompted this question?

Well you see,

I was bored and wanted to drink a nice cold corona and watch some toons. I put the corona in the freezer for about 10 min so it chills.

So I get it out, open it made sure it didn't freeze up.

Then I put it on my coffee table while I went to get my pillow and blanky from my bedroom, when I came back out to the living room the corona was a foam valcano all over my coffee table(New Kmart Coffee table may I add).

So now I wondered wtf is beer foam,

but thanks to Shroomy's expert knowledge on keg parties in colleges that he never attended (Party Crasher), now I know to put sum anti-co2 pills in the beer from now on.

:D

Originally posted by nexusgroove

Well you see,

I was bored and wanted to drink a nice cold corona and watch some toons. I put the corona in the freezer for about 10 min so it chills.

So I get it out, open it made sure it didn't freeze up.

Then I put it on my coffee table while I went to get my pillow and blanky from my bedroom, when I came back out to the living room the corona was a foam valcano all over my coffee table(New Kmart Coffee table may I add).

So now I wondered wtf is beer foam,

but thanks to Shroomy's expert knowledge on keg parties in colleges that he never attended (Party Crasher), now I know to put sum anti-co2 pills in the beer from now on.

:D

This post def gave me a little insight as to who you are...although I STILL cant remember your face. LOL:laugh: