Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My Review @ the ROXY with PVD !!!

Drove by ROXY at 11 with Troy St. Chalres and the line was around the block already. I already knew it was gonna be another night to remember. The crowd looked ready and eager to see what Paul has installed for us. Got inside at 1130 and Luis Diaz was playing some chill house/trance. Crowd is quickly progressing and filling up the room by the hour. 1 am rolls by the the music is getting louder and harder as Luis quickly uplifts everyone to ther heels in chanting and cheering. As time goes by ROXY is looking like it should be PACKED with everyone with an excited look in their eyes. Its almost 2am and Luis is tearing the room up. I gotta say this right now. Luis is a GREAT DJ :bowdown: :bowdown: and I think its time for someone to open up for him. Wonderful opening set my Paul's right hand man LUIS DIAZ.

215 comes by and PVD steps up to the plate and just RIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSS a HUGE ass in NYC:eek: :eek: :eek: Song after song after fucken song. Paul knows we were in his trance, his world, his dream. Its 430 am ROXY is MOBBED all around from the back bars to the entrance. PACKED PACKED PACKED, but a good packed cause everyone was just having a good time. Everyone knew we were all there for PVD and grateful of that. 5am comes and I had to give up and say good bye to a room fulll of love, energy, and music lovers. As you can see its 830am :mad: and I had to be at work at 730 :mad: . I left the venue and it was still packed and still full of energy and PAUL was giving up some sweet vocal trance with some hard trance and old school trance. I dont know the names of the songs, but im sure who ever went knows what im talking about. Im at work listing to Paul as I speak reliving a night of a nother amazing night of TRANCE. I gotta say last night has to be PVD's best set ever in NYC or any live cd I ever heard.

God bless this ICON :rock:

Victor Soto

bro I 100% agree with you, but i was there after 5am when he total went out of control and was some of the hardest and nastiest shit i ever heard, it was insane i was pure heaven.....This is Pauls Best set EVER in NYC..........hes just truely the best and proved it tonight big time........holy shit was it nuts

Originally posted by sandman1130

bro I 100% agree with you, but i was there after 5am when he total went out of control and was some of the hardest and nastiest shit i ever heard, it was insane i was pure heaven.....This is Pauls Best set EVER in NYC..........hes just truely the best and proved it tonight big time........holy shit was it nuts

Exactly. It was nuts. Everyone was dancing everywhere bathrooms, bars, by the coat check, and me dancing on my way to the car :laugh: . Def a great night...

Victor Soto

Yeah, awesome night. One, if not THE best set I have heard from him. Trance, tech, prog, hard shit, vocals, he was on fire. As usual, the last hour and a half or so was just insane.

Roxy was way too packed for the first few hours I was there, but by 4 it was bearable. I agree about Luis Diaz. he's the man. He lives in NYC, why the fuck doesn't he have a residency somewhere?

kind of off topic...can someone please tell me what 'Von Dutch' is? I think I saw like 30 kids last night wearing hats with that logo on it.

Originally posted by linabina

u dont wanna know... just be happy ur not a fashion victim of this hideous trend.

wow, I must really be out of the fashion loop then. I've never heard of them. I don't know if those hats were ever 'in', but if they were, judging by the number of them I saw last night, they're officially played out.

OMG OMG OMG!!!! sorry guys, but im out of words and soo lil sleep as i'am getting ready to head out for dc for armin!!! call me crazy, but yes IM GOING!! beautiful day, less than 5 hrs of sleep from thursday till now! :/

anyways, im just going to copy and paste my review from tranceaddict:

OMFG!!!!!! give me a minute to register how AWESOME THE NIGHT WAS!!!!!!!!!!

paul brought back THE TWILO DAYS....He was soo damm hard, i had a flashback of nostalgia last night....he played alot of new tracks and OMFG!!!!!! i was in the front half of the night and going nuts and i decided to write UNDERWORLD-BORN SLIPPY!!!!!!! you all know that i have been DYING to hear that tune like forever LIVE! Mr. Van Dyk didn't play it right away but OMFG!!!! i showed him again just to remind him and he gave me a thumbs up and nodded his head and smiled! so i was soo excited that I KNOW HE WAS GOING TO PLAY MY TRACK!!!!! holy shit, like 3 or 4 songs later BAAAAAAAAAAAAAMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY SONG, MY TIME, MY FUN!!!!!!!! i went absolutely NUTS!!!!!! LOL you don't understand he doesn't ever play that song at his gigs here in the US!!!!!!!! so im soo very happy

i don't have a voice!, i don't have sleep! and im packing my bags for washington dc for armin tonight...now i don't know how you see that, but to me ITS A TRUE TRANCEADDICT!!!!!!!!! LOL

10/10 for mr. van dyk, he kept me dancing, smiling and just had plain good fun!!

great job paul and very well respected set!!!!!!!!!!

ps

he played soo many amazing tracks like Andian-Beautiful Things, Circ-Destroy She Said, Together we will Conquer, Take your air, Oceanlab, Autumn (my friend mathew adams remix), destroy she said, nothing, holding onto nothing, crush, reflections,how we used to live, alot of the hardstyle/techno are new, so it's not id'ed yet lol, he also played some alanis morisette song and some popular music that he remixed, i don't remember. he encored with nothing but you , and YES one of the songs that i wanted to hear from him ruff driverz- dreaming....just too many fun moments , soooo out of words to describe them!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was a well rounded set, from breakbeats to uk hardstylz to vocals...paul delivered an amazing set....like everyone is saying , this had to be, if not , the best set he dropped here in NYC!!!!!!! lol even better than SF set 3 years ago

last night was amazing, the vibe was ridiculous, except for all the crackheads but i guess that's expected.. luis diaz was surprisingly good, paul came on around 2:15 started off hard took it soft then went in to breaks for a lil bit and kept it slow for a few hours.. once 6-6:30 came around he fucking went off.. ive never heard any of his sets as hard as this.. woke the place up and everybody started going crazy again.. he played nothing but hard tracks until about 8 when he drops the last track of the night... once that ended everybody starts screaming, clapping, chanting .. whatever.. so he throws on an accapella on for us to all walk out of the club to, people have their lighters in the air it was great... that ends about five minutes later and then out of nowhere you here the vocals to nothing but you then bam!! he drops nothing but you.. OH MY GOD!! It was one of the most memorable experiences i ever had.. everybody went nuts.. after nothing but you he dropped some spanish song SICK!! place was still jumpin and then he threw down a pretty good closing track and closed roxy out at around 8:15... great fucking night just woke up now at 5 feel like a big loser but oh well.. if anyone knows what spanish song im talking id appreciate any info on it thanks

to simply put..... paul owned me from beginnin to end

imo i think it might have been better than last yr @roxy in nov

hit up the meetup finally i know some of u monkeys

what started the night off on the right note... the bum tryin to hit the tas up for their jackets then sell his paper then rhyme an lastly swipe sassas colt 45

got in early at 11 i think saw eddie werkin "real hard" hahahha

luis was alright in the beginnin towards the end he was bangin it what a way for paul to start...highlight he drops confusion talk bout bringin it back to 1999 what!!!

to make a long story short lets start with the...

cons....

TOO F'ing crowded wtf?!?! sardines blah

too hot 4 ok i was worn out

fuckin RUDE ass ppl you dunno how many times i wanted to strangle someone

pros....

paul tore it up rippin shit up with a vengence!

i enjoyed the track selection i dun care what ppl say

the lazers were sic

bein around ppl that appreciate all the shit paul does yall know who u are

highlight hearin these choons...

Face to Face

Born Slippy

Reflections

How We Use To Live

Spirits (luna mix) if u saw me u thought i was in a mosh pit the way i was headbangin hahaha

ah btw wanna hear some f'ed up bs?

so i hold up a sigh for paul to see askin him to play a certain song those that know me know which one it is... he reads it gives the thumbs up an nods im like cool by the time i had to leave to go to werk (yea i went to werk right afterward)i still didn t hear it but whatever it really wasn t that bad considerin i had a blast till i got the vm.... lo an behold he play destroy she said maaan talk a bout pissed an the thing is if i had stayed for just 2 more songs i would have heard it

that really hurt im tellin u but its cool i ll cope for now.... thanx to all those that hit me up on vm with that now if anyone recorded it from their cams lemme know *ahem i know ur out there ppl

what a crazy weekend - i can hardly walk - feel like taking a week off from work...

pvd was amazing - :bowdown: there's really nothing more i can say -

i def agree that roxy was way too crowded in the beginning- (i was dancing in the bar area for hours!) - but from 4am till 8am - it was sweet -- people where going insane - great vibe - excellent dancers and least to say, one of the best pvd sets i've heard recently...

and the next day - john fleming - what a great set - cant believe he remixed dire straits - money for nothing - that was insane!!!

i ended up going to arc alone cuz all my other 'lame' friends where too burnt out from pvd - i'm so glad i went -

funny thing is i've been waiting to hear a live born slippy for the longest time - and this weekend both pvd and john fleming played it - too much...

now i cant wait to see the lawler on the 5th...:cool:

Originally posted by keg33

I must say that was an excellent set, definitley bringing back some TWILO memories. PS the name of that spanish track is "FIESTA" And to boot, PVD always puts out for the BIG SHINY RED APPLE. "THANKS PAUL":D

you meant -Ruff Driverz-Dreaming(percussion remix)?

the lyrics goes: vamos al jungar el en del sol, tudos los dias, son dias de fiesta?