Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ever wake up from a dream.....

Destiny

Originally posted by mala

I get panic attacks too, but thank goodness I don't get them in my sleep. That would be the last straw for me. What I do get is sleep paralysis. I'll be in a light sleep, usually right after I first fall asleep, and all of a sudden I can't move, or I am struggling to move. I have to force myself this wake up, and this paralysis continues as I fight to wake up. Its creepy as hell.

omg that sounds awful

panic attacks are the worst, i have never gotten them in my sleep until a few months ago...it was horrible i felt like i was dying:eek:

Originally posted by bumpdaddy

those books are all bullshit..... two people can have similar dreams that have a totally different significance to each person...

Exactly! However, there are also books out there that help you figure out what your dreams mean without force-feeding you a "definition" of symbols... I had a really good one but accidentally got rid of it when I moved! :rolleyes:

What I do get is sleep paralysis. I'll be in a light sleep, usually right after I first fall asleep, and all of a sudden I can't move, or I am struggling to move. I have to force myself this wake up, and this paralysis continues as I fight to wake up. Its creepy as hell.

That happens to me from time to time, except it's towards the end of a sleep cycle, not the beginning. It's always pretty much the same thing too... I'm looking around my bedroom, when I see a kind of shadowy figure out of the corner of my eye... I try to turn on the light but it won't go on... eventually I realize that I'm still dreaming and start screaming at myself to wake up.

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention my recent dreams...

I had one dream that my bf and I were on vacation... we wound up at this other couple's house, where we each taped the other couple going at it... our tape was pretty hot, except for some strange reason I was wearing a baseball cap the whole time... :confused::laugh:

The second dream was extremely detailed (I was woken up in the middle of it so I remembered it very well)... but to make a long story short... Jack Black was in it, and I wound up developing a severe crush on him. :yuck::laugh: :laugh:

I think the meaning of these are pretty apparent... conflicting work schedules are depriving me of much-needed nookie, and it's starting to make me mildly deranged... :laugh2:

Originally posted by tastyt

That happens to me from time to time, except it's towards the end of a sleep cycle, not the beginning. It's always pretty much the same thing too... I'm looking around my bedroom, when I see a kind of shadowy figure out of the corner of my eye... I try to turn on the light but it won't go on... eventually I realize that I'm still dreaming and start screaming at myself to wake up.

From research I've done, many people who experience this feel that there is a presence in the room. Usually evil. The best way I can descibe it is by comparing them to the shadowy figures who take the bad dude to hell in the movie Ghost. Spooky. I've gotten used to the sleep paralysis and I try not to freak out. I just resign myself and say, "crap, this again". I find that this happens to me if the room I'm sleeping in is too hot. Another funny thing I've noticed is that it only happens when I'm in bed alone.

From research I've done, many people who experience this feel that there is a presence in the room. Usually evil. The best way I can descibe it is by comparing them to the shadowy figures who take the bad dude to hell in the movie Ghost. Spooky. I've gotten used to the sleep paralysis and I try not to freak out. I just resign myself and say, "crap, this again". I find that this happens to me if the room I'm sleeping in is too hot. Another funny thing I've noticed is that it only happens when I'm in bed alone.

Interesting... I don't know why it has to be an evil presence, it would be pretty cool otherwise! Actually, any time I realize that I'm dreaming, it always starts to turn into a bad dream. :confused:

Also, I'm not sure if I experience sleep paralysis more when it's hot... but being hot does tend to give me nightmares.

Originally posted by Destiny

hey dana...you prob had what i had a week or so ago...i get panic attacks and in my dream i was having one, i woke up and was actually having one can't breathe, chest hurts, gagging for breath etc etc...its kinda like a warning sign for you to wake up so you dont hyperventalate (sp?..ugh) in your sleep.

you have a lot of stress, so thats probably what it is

reallY? u think that could have been it?? damn. i really need to de-stress or something! :eek:

a freeky thing happen to me when i was at my friends house sleeping in bed with my bf after heavy partying and i would say exactly was i was dreaming outloud although i was completely asleep and my bf kept waking me up freaked at what i was saying... cause it didn't make any sense like most dreams

and after each time that he woke me up i would make sure i wasn't moving my lips or saying anything only to be woken up again so now i'm a little paranoid, i feel like i'm going to start talking and not realize it in my dream