Clubplanet Nightlife Community

A Message From Mr. Richard Grant

A message from Richard Grant

SoundFactory recently won a decision in then New York State Supreme Court vacating the exparte closing order. This is the third time the New York City Police Department has attempted to permanently close your club.

The past two weeks have been spent in court not only refuting police allegations against this club and staff but convincing the judge of your basic decency and your right to a safe and secure environment in which to enjoy yourself. We have attempted to explain why your club has remained one of the top three clubs in the world for the past fourteen years. And during those years the club and its patrons have strived to maintain a positive and inclusive environment for all young New Yorkers.

The people who party at Factory know the difference between this and other clubs. They appreciate Soundfactory for its great sound, music, entertainment, staff and space. It distresses all of us to enter chat rooms only to find an army of negative people who have little or no concern for the rapid decline of nightlife in this city. Instead of trying to be supportive and constructive they talk shit, tearing apart any venue that might mean something to others.

These same people buy, sell and use drugs inside clubs with no thought about the damage they do to all of us. When music and dance is no longer the message, then its time for club owners such as myself to reconsider their investment.

Richard G. Grant

**it ain't easy dealing with all us crazies**

Originally posted by muzikchick

SoundFactory recently won a decision in then New York State Supreme Court vacating the exparte closing order. This is the third time the New York City Police Department has attempted to permanently close your club.

The past two weeks have been spent in court not only refuting police allegations against this club and staff but convincing the judge of your basic decency and your right to a safe and secure environment in which to enjoy yourself. We have attempted to explain why your club has remained one of the top three clubs in the world for the past fourteen years. And during those years the club and its patrons have strived to maintain a positive and inclusive environment for all young New Yorkers.

The people who party at Factory know the difference between this and other clubs. They appreciate Soundfactory for its great sound, music, entertainment, staff and space. It distresses all of us to enter chat rooms only to find an army of negative people who have little or no concern for the rapid decline of nightlife in this city. Instead of trying to be supportive and constructive they talk shit, tearing apart any venue that might mean something to others.

These same people buy, sell and use drugs inside clubs with no thought about the damage they do to all of us. When music and dance is no longer the message, then its time for club owners such as myself to reconsider their investment.

Richard G. Grant

Welcome to last week toots. That message is OLD. :peeleft:

You don't have to worry about Peter Gatien, he's been deported, he's currently selling tickets for Celine's home shows, hoping to make enough money to come back and buy a hot dog stand on one of our city corners.

No more 54.......Ian Shrager is in the hotel business, having parties in his lobby.

http://www.worldsbestbars.com/city/Miami/Delano.asp

Richard Grant should open up a gay resort in a nice warm climate. I don't know how the hell he lasted with all the unappreciating, gun ho, gumba, attitudes. ayyyyy ohhh!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Richard G. Grant

TIMELESS MESSAGE!!

Originally posted by ChiefSlapahoe

Welcome to last week toots. That message is OLD. :peeleft:

OMG!!!! that was like sooooo last week.. You are lame!! ohmagod dont you like check clubplanet every half hour?? muzicchick don't pay attention to these losers, it's not fault your life isnt centered around a messageboard... you people are ridiculous.. someone tries to post information and then she gets flamed because it's a week old.. fucking grow up.. what's next? are you guys gonna amke fun of her typing and punctuation??

as far as this message goes, it's the first i have seen it.. im glad he changed factory.. hopefully all clubowners will close down their clubs for a short period of time so nyc wakes the fuck up and stops bringing drugs into clubs.. if there were no drugs in the clubs new york city would still be the shit.. yeah there may be a few liquor license problems with underage drinking and all still, but that is inevitable..

Richard G. Grant

What point are you making do you realize jr"s party at exit was shut down at the exact time this post from grant was issued?????i mean its not that long ago sf and exit were shut for 3 weeks!!! and people please dont tell there wasnt rampant drug use at earth all afterhours scenes are goin to attrack drug users and exit was known for it just as much as sf

Originally posted by oldtimer

OMG!!!! that was like sooooo last week.. You are lame!! ohmagod dont you like check clubplanet every half hour?? muzicchick don't pay attention to these losers, it's not fault your life isnt centered around a messageboard... you people are ridiculous.. someone tries to post information and then she gets flamed because it's a week old.. fucking grow up.. what's next? are you guys gonna amke fun of her typing and punctuation??

Try several months ago moron. Reading comprehension, Grant is speaking about the police trying to shut down Factory. That was months ago and has nothing to do with JP leaving Factory. Get your head out of your asshole. :aright:

Richard G. Grant

He obviously reconsidered his investment. Perhaps a little forshadowing on the changes that have taken place.

The first part can be restated to fit the current status of shit talk going on, especially the personal attacks on Grant and the homosexual community.

Originally posted by ChiefSlapahoe

Try several months ago moron. Reading comprehension, Grant is speaking about the police trying to shut down Factory. That was months ago and has nothing to do with JP leaving Factory. Get your head out of your asshole. :aright:

Where does this reading comprehension you speak of come in to play?? You, yourself, said that "that message was last week toots".. That is what i responded to. So if it was several months ago, then you sir are the moron, because i merely quoted you. I didnt mention jp leaving factory once either.. It's called thinking before typing..

Yeah, because I'm so sure that he in no way endorses or "accidentally overlooks" the drugs that are brought into, sold and used in his club.

You don't have to worry about Peter Gatien, he's been deported, he's currently selling tickets for Celine's home shows, hoping to make enough money to come back and buy a hot dog stand on one of our city corners.

And that's a great way to show respect to one of the pillars of New York Nightlife, whether he's here or not. His clubs were icons in the city, and anyone who will sit there and scoff at him and his accomplishments, especially in the face of such harsh and longstanding opposition from the city is major fucking twit. Full respect to Gatien for keeping everything alive at all costs, be it jail, fines, deportation, you name it. That's a real scene icon.

What's worse is that you're sitting here championing the cause of Grant when all he's doing is FOLLOWING in Gatien's footsteps. Club owner plagued by drug problems... yeah, that's right. Get off your high horse now :blank:

And that's a great way to show respect to one of the pillars of New York Nightlife, whether he's here or not. His clubs were icons in the city, and anyone who will sit there and scoff at him and his accomplishments, especially in the face of such harsh and longstanding opposition from the city is major fucking twit. Full respect to Gatien for keeping everything alive at all costs, be it jail, fines, deportation, you name it. That's a real scene icon.

What's worse is that you're sitting here championing the cause of Grant when all he's doing is FOLLOWING in Gatien's footsteps. Club owner plagued by drug problems... yeah, that's right. Get off your high horse now :blank:

I was never fond of Gatien, after reading "club land", I was even less fond of him.

How can you say he kept everything alive at all costs....it's in the toilet. Plus, I have a feeling if he didn't have his hard ass wife, he would have lost it long before.

I doubt very much Richard is following in his footsteps, Gatien's fall was his own fault. He was dirty, and he got a slice of the drug action going on in his club. Richard does not.

There's no comparison....and no high horse here, dear.

14 years later, Richard is still around....perhaps by NOT following Gatien's lead. OverKill..........Over indulgence..........Over his head.

Done

EXTRA, EXTRA-- PETER GATIEN CLUB OWNER TURNS CRACKHEAD AND LOSES IT ALL --deserves much respect.

p.s.--it was a fucken joke. i am sure most could see that. your the fucken twit, lighten up....asshole.

How can you say he kept everything alive at all costs....it's in the toilet.

News flash... He's not allowed in the country anymore, so he kind of can't do anything for it anymore.

In any case, I can't speak for Grant as far as house dealing goes - I have no idea whether that goes on or not, but even if I were in your shoes I wouldn't claim to know. I'm sure if he did have a say in it, he wouldn't tell you. And certainly his enforcement measures aren't very strict or else the club wouldn't be known as "sound cracktory" or "the crack factory". Isn't condoning it just as bad as executing it?

That aside, though, and even saying that Grant is 100% innocent: Sorry, but Gatien did far too much to make New York nightlife legendary for his work to be ignored or his accomplishments to be ridiculed, that's just fact.

Well, crack can do that to people....crack + cheap hookers.

All he did, he did for himself. Yes, it is rediculous to have lost it all the way he did, but such is life.

Does he deserve respect..........to each his own, I don't think so.

Perhaps he ran shit better, when I was too young to appreciate him for....as for the tunnel and limelight at the end....he let them turn into shit holes.

Why respect someone who runs a shit hole???

Now, talk about Ian Shrager....and I can say, I respect what he has done with his fortune from the club business. The Delano is absolutely gorgeous. He had his share of run ins w/the law, as well.

While Gatien is saving up for that hot dog stand....because that is where he put himself. He has no one to thank but himself.

Waste your own respect on that man.