Clubplanet Nightlife Community

For every action IS there an equal & opposite reaction?

Um...thats a big question, but I think I can vouch for Newton and his third law of motion.

An alternative formula for his law is:

Whenever one body exerts force upon a second body, the second body exerts an equal and opposite force upon the first body. Very true. If you strike and object with force, then the object also strike you. Imagine punching someone in the face. The same force you exert on the persons face is also exerted on the hand/arm you used to throw the punch.

I know you were asking about scientific laws in general, so i'll say a little something about that. Just like in every other facet of life, laws are broken and rewritten.

thanks for the response.

can also apply to things beyond science, too. The scientific ones are more easily explained. For example, potnetial and kinetic energy. Merely standing is putting it to practice, gravity, etc.

F = ma. and W = Fd.

But let's say... in matters of life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness. Perhaps, not. Just because you care for someone, doesn't mean they will care for your back, and/or hate you back in kind. Just curious.. how far the theory can be expanded.

I knew that was what you were going for. Writers sometimes use scientific law to set a scene in books and movies. They try apply it to a real life situation and it works for what they are doing. It works because they wrote the damn thing. The laws cannot be expanded to all situations in life because they are laws of science, not human behavior.

I applaud you for this topic, you should go rent "pi".

Originally posted by mala

I knew that was what you were going for. Writers sometimes use scientific law to set a scene in books and movies. They try apply it to a real life situation and it works for what they are doing. It works because they wrote the damn thing. The laws cannot be expanded to all situations in life because they are laws of science, not human behavior.

I applaud you for this topic, you should go rent "pi".

Oooo will do on that movie and I applaud you both. Science and human behavior are worlds apart.

...ever since i heard PIE, my mind has been set adrift...focus on anything but sweets has been an exercise in futility....my homer simpson mode has taken over....

drooooooooooooollll

p.s.

"Science and human behavior are worlds apart." - if that statement is true, i better throw out my minor in sociology...lol...

Originally posted by phatman

...ever since i heard PIE, my mind has been set adrift...focus on anything but sweets has been an exercise in futility....my homer simpson mode has taken over....

drooooooooooooollll

p.s.

"Science and human behavior are worlds apart." - if that statement is true, i better throw out my minor in sociology...lol...

LOL...I think he meant that natural science and human behavior are worlds apart. However, I still wouldn't agree with this statement. I'm a stong believer in evolutionary psychology, which examines the evolved cognitive structures of the mind.