Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dealing with ......

thrillfire

Originally posted by nomembername

I guess if you are still friends with your ex and you start dating someone...would you want your new boyfriend/girlfriend to be friends with your ex? Or would you stop being friends with your ex for your new boyfriend/girlfriend? Also, if you continue to be good friends with your ex but don't try to get your new boyfriend/girlfriend to be friends with him/her that might seem shady.

:confused: I don't know if this even made sense to myself

It actually made sense to me, hehe. Well maybe it is uncommon to remain friends with an ex, but I have been in a similar situation. I commit to someone if I consider them to be an extraordinary individual. But sometimes there is no romantic compatibility. That is not to say that you dislike or hate this person. Knowing that I find it difficult to completely lose someone whom I feel is special to some degree. So I have remained friends with two exes in particular. Its unreasonable to think your current bf/gf will have no problem with this. Jealousy is human nature in some senses and very few are truly secure in a relationship. However I think it would be wrong for a gf/bf to demand you give up a friendship, on account of jealousy. Overall it really comes down to trust and if a relationship lacks this essential element then giving up friends, etc will not solve the problem but only mask it.

Originally posted by tastyt

Not to pry or plant seeds of doubt... but didn't you once write on here about problems with your bf and his ex? That they were getting back together, or something? This was before you moved back home.

yeah, i did... but its gotten better now... he didn't get back with her, just hung out a lot when i was away. I think it was the long distance thing that lasted for two years which can be hard. (or i like to think thats the excuse) but it stil bothers me a tinny bit that i found her # on the most recent calls and he never told me about it. But its a small thing...

I posted the thread cause i was curious how other people deal with their exes and current gf/bf