Clubplanet Nightlife Community

fri nov 28th grand opening of NATION in long island

BobG

Originally posted by Teknojunkee

Baez in Commack is a Big Step forward....the best we've had was Justin Time @ Eclipse LOL!!! So as you can see...BIG STEP haha

thats true...

baez used to be decent back in like 98, but the last time i heard him, (maybe '00?), he was pretty terrible...

it'd really just be good to even have them get some local nyc cats to spin out there... you'd get good music, but not have to pay out the $5k+ that the international guys get...

ah who cares anyway... long island clubs are only good for one thing... mad hoes ;)

haha...so true PFloyd.

I actually was listening to Baez last night on Metromix...he was killing it for a while. Im talking great tracks and great mixing. Im actually anticipating him coming here...

Hopefully I dont get let down as with every party that happens here on long island.

Anyone remember a few years ago when Creamfields wanted to go to Riverhead but the town wouldnt allow it?

I honestly think that wouldve opened up long Island to divulge in better DJ's and Music...but it fell through as does everything else around here.

Long Island the place for beaches, girls, and the Hamptons parties. Thats about all we got!@

Originally posted by Teknojunkee

Anyone remember a few years ago when Creamfields wanted to go to Riverhead but the town wouldnt allow it?

It was actually the promoters that backed out, it had nothing to do with the town. They cancelled the event due to the lack of the advance ticket sales..

If the ticket sales were higher you could have bet the bank they would have pulled the plug them, just as they did with the Field Day Festival this year.

I myself purchased 27 tix for my friends for that party...sucks. Why is it that CPI can get packed out to the point of disgust with JP but no one can put together a great, open-outdoor party and actually have it do well.

The only thing close was the Area 1 festival I went to. But I also wouldnt call that one of the best things ive gone too. It was actually pretty bad.

:(

so this party is going to compete with sahara??? i dont see this doing well...maybe a night or 2 but it isnt gonna be a long lasting thing...long enough to make me want to work there and quit my other friday night gig...

zacharys last night has soo much fuckin potential it makes me sick...the music was sick...sean was killing it...the people were all beautiful...laid back atmosphere...its just that it is "zacharys"...there just wasnt enough people to make it a sick night...but the place has more potential then anything i have ever seen...makes me sad...

Originally posted by bringda40z

That area has no clue whats going on, its going to be hard to pack a place like that out in a shit area. cant see people traveling out there.Get some good acts and ill check it out, but eclipse was the worst....

And who made you the expert???

Originally posted by djhcc

And who made you the expert???

Do you live in that area like i do?? I doubt it, there is a reason i have to drive an hour every freakin weekend to hear decent music. As soon as tech goes on in suffoulk the dance floor clears, Who in the right mind would travel to that crappy area to anway? Unless you lived close by there are much better venues. takes a real genius to figure that out ha?

Originally posted by mattm2o

I was near zachareys on thursday and it was totally dead!

tell me something i dont know...i was working my love...:)

there were like 100 people in there...5 to 1 girl to guy ratio...all s/f heads...awesome crowd...awesome music...just too little amount of people...sucked cause everyone in there and their mother agreed the place has mad potential...