Clubplanet Nightlife Community

[POP] LIFE : Friday I'm In Love (Tribute to The Cure)

funketeer

cure-bandofficiale.jpg

This (Friday) 11/21/03 PopLife & Spy-Fi Records are proud to present ? Friday I?m In Love ? A Cure Tribute Show being held @ I/o ( 30 NE 14 St. ) in Downtown Miami. Over 16 bands covering songs by one of our generations most influential groups! Bands scheduled to perform include: Shuttle Lounge, Lexus of Pembroke Pines, Sparkle Motion, The Estate, Waxburn, The Brand, Summer Blanket, The Easies, Bodega, Zira, Modernage, Glossy, Poulain, Bling Bling, McFodden, Secret Service, Fashionista and Whirlaway! Show starts at 9 PM (18+ Welcome) $5 Cover. A sure fire fun time! See you there!

Originally posted by obby

Great group

"Mixed Up" has to be my favorite album.

Awesome album, but I have to say "Standing On The Beach - The Singles"...I remember I had it on cassette...I still don't know how that tape took the beatin' , it played 10,000 times...at least :D

Originally posted by funketeer

cure-bandofficiale.jpg

This (Friday) 11/21/03 PopLife & Spy-Fi Records are proud to present ? Friday I?m In Love ? A Cure Tribute Show being held @ I/o ( 30 NE 14 St. ) in Downtown Miami. Over 16 bands covering songs by one of our generations most influential groups! Bands scheduled to perform include: Shuttle Lounge, Lexus of Pembroke Pines, Sparkle Motion, The Estate, Waxburn, The Brand, Summer Blanket, The Easies, Bodega, Zira, Modernage, Glossy, Poulain, Bling Bling, McFodden, Secret Service, Fashionista and Whirlaway! Show starts at 9 PM (18+ Welcome) $5 Cover. A sure fire fun time! See you there!

Sparkle Motion? :eek:

They must have taken that from the movie "Donnie Darko".

Awesome album, but I have to say "Standing On The Beach - The Singles"...I remember I had it on cassette...I still don't know how that tape took the beatin' , it played 10,000 times...at least :D

yeah, after I wore out my first copy, I started making copies, went through so many of them, that and The Cult. I still have some of those tapes.

I'm vewwie sentimental with mah muzik :D

Sounds like somethin' worth checkin out :) Incase anyone already didn't know.. the boys are back.. Taken from rollingstone.com:

"The Cure will release the four-disc rarities box set Join the Dots: B-Sides and Rarities, 1978-2001 (The Fiction Years) on January 27th"

and.. *drum roll*

"The Cure plan to follow up 2000's Bloodflowers with a new studio album next summer, and their entire catalog will be remastered in the next eighteen months, with each album padded out with an additional disc of rare, live and previously unreleased material."

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/newsarticle.asp?nid=18961

:D :D :D

Gonna be interesting.. The Cure has been one of my fav bands since I can remember.

ps. The cure's best albums IMO are "Wish" & "Disintegration", but "Galore" has all of their best hits, even a "close to me" remix that's on the "Mixed up" album... :)

I'll be droppin' by this early to check it out fo sho. See u there funk! ;)

Originally posted by biznation00

Gonna be interesting.. The Cure has been one of my fav bands since I can remember.

ps. The cure's best albums IMO are "Wish" & "Disintegration", but "Galore" has all of their best hits, even a "close to me" remix that's on the "Mixed up" album... :)

I'll be droppin' by this early to check it out fo sho. See u there funk! ;)

See you there homeboy! :aright:

I've been waiting hours for this, I've made myself so sick and I wish i stayed asleep today...;)

...i never thought this day would end

i never thought tonight could ever be

this close to me

just try to see in the dark

just try to make it work

to feel the fear before you're here

i make the shapes come much too close

i pull my eyes out

hold my breath

and wait until i shake

but if i had your faith

then i could make it safe and clean

if only i was sure

that my head on the door was just a dream

i've waited hours for this

i've made myself so sick

i wish i'd stayed asleep today

i never thought this day would end

i never thought tonight could ever be

this close to me

but if i had your face

i could make it safe and clean

if only i was sure

that my head on the door

was a dream

:D

cure-bandofficiale.jpg

hmmm.....this sounds like something else that's fun to do tonight. i'll have to see where the night takes me.

thanx for the headz up.