Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PVD @ Space (Review)

djm

I am sure SPACE made a killing tonight ($$$, but that aside here is what I thought). It's about 4:00am right now. I just took a shower and I am about to go to bed extremely dissapointed with Space (As I have come to expect now). PVD, however, was awesome, at least for the duration of time that I could withstand Space. They packed the place way too much, I mean you couldn't stand in one place without getting knocked around. If you looked around the crowd the only people that appeared to be having a goodtime were those that were (F*CKED UP! and even some of them were shit-faced), with a FEW exceptions I am sure. Anyhow, the main room was extremely HOT and packed and distracted me from the music completely. At about 3:30 am I finally got fed up and left, I didn't even feel like pushing my way through the crowd to say goodbye to friends, my apologies, it's too bad my last night clubbing as a SoFLA resident had to end this way. I hope some of you were able to enjoy yourselves, I for one did not. Goodnight.

-DJM

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah bro i would have to agree, left and right i was packed in like a sardine, im like wtf, what the hell is the matter with space, good old louis making his big bucks the prick, Markus Schulz and PVD played great sets and meeting some CP peeps was cool. FOr the massive crowd it was a dissappoinment i had to push people out of my way, almost got in a fight for some fock kept pushinfg into me, so i went over to teh corner for a while and then back on to dance and have a good time to finish off PVD's set. but anywaus hopefully next time it wont be that bad!!!

Damon 2.0

AS FOR ME, I HAD THE SINGLE GREATEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PVD ABSOLUTELY OWNED THE PLACE!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD, I SIMPLY DIED OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND EACH TIME I DIED, IT WAS BETTER THAN THE LAST TIME I DIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oK ok fine, I didn't go. I stayed home, but Bling or Arturo may feel this way. ;):D

Originally posted by chaflas

AS FOR ME, I HAD THE SINGLE GREATEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PVD ABSOLUTELY OWNED THE PLACE!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD, I SIMPLY DIED OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND EACH TIME I DIED, IT WAS BETTER THAN THE LAST TIME I DIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats pretty dead...

oK ok fine, I didn't go. I stayed home, but Bling or Arturo may feel this way. ;):D

you know me too well my friend read my review u may never see me write a more well thought out and longer post ever.......

:)

can u believe how old skool this is? lex taped, that's right, taped PVD set off the radio for me.

we didn't make it to PVD cuz I was asleep by 11 - my 30 yr old bod just can't do back to back nites plus fly to PR during the week trying to earn a living.

responsibility sux. i wanna win the lotto!

BTW - Edgar V & PVD rock! i love trance with a passion.

DJM you will be missed. Crying over here! KIT! we love u man!

Originally posted by tranzwhore

can u believe how old skool this is? lex taped, that's right, taped PVD set off the radio for me.

we didn't make it to PVD cuz I was asleep by 11 - my 30 yr old bod just can't do back to back nites plus fly to PR during the week trying to earn a living.

responsibility sux. i wanna win the lotto!

BTW - Edgar V & PVD rock! i love trance with a passion.

DJM you will be missed. Crying over here! KIT! we love u man!

u were sorely missed i wonder where u were :( it was a great nite . better if the original trance whore was there but oh well next time :)

I have never been a fan of PVD but Sat night I was converted!!! I had heard him at both Ultras this year and thought he sucked both times but Sat the man was kicking ass and taking names. And Markus opened up with a KILLER set also...the man was slammin!!! I do wish he had been on for afterhours too though. Who the hell is this DJ Cue??? DJ Cue needs to get a clue!!! It will always be hard to follow the #2 DJ inthe world but he opened up with such a slow set I actually yelled up at him to pick up the pace!!! (I was full of advice for everyone...lol). I really missed the usuals (Koky, Happyface, Sobeton) but it was a great night. I actyallu enjoyed the patio for once (maybe it was the nice weather). I tell ya LP and Biz know how to pump up a crowd from the DJ booth.:laugh: It was nice to see those that I rarely run into (Bobbalou, Damon-with annoying whistle, GlobalGirl) and good to spend time with DJM on his last official night. We will miss you man!

As a parting word I will tell you all the same thing I told LP...

It took a night of TRANCE to fill SPACE back up and as he is counting his money just keep thinking about that!!!:D

Much love to all!!! See ya after Thanksgiving!!!

BTW...I know there were more of you there...it was good hanging with all the usuals too.:D

I laughed, I cried...it was better than Cats!

:blank:

Originally posted by candyrollx69

He used to spin afterhours at Union Lounge and Lime bar. Now he spins at Space and Nerve:)

He also took over the decks on the 4th of July after Tiesto and Markus.

Aha!! Now I know who it was that sucked that night!!! Somebody had me convinced it was Markus I didnt like that night but I KNEW that couldnt be right!!!:D

Originally posted by djm

They packed the place way too much, I mean you couldn't stand in one place without getting knocked around.

I was actually looking forward to seeing Space packed, since I don't go as often as I used to. And indeed I got what I wanted.. it was packed :D

I Had an awesome time on saturday. PVD played alot more aggressive than Ive seen in the past. The place was packed & everyone was going nuts. We walked in around 2am and Paul was already on lighting the place up. Walked out to the patio and Roland was just gettting started with some nice upbeat Proggressive. Track after track he has us moving and hopping! but the real magic happened when the sun came up. :eek: He was destroying the place and he kept us going all morning long until my legs couldnt take it anymore at 11am, which was a new personal record for me at space. Alot of the stuff he played I couldnt recognize but it had alot of funky chugging beats and some killer basslines. straight up fun all morning long with some techy stuff here and there and some really funky proggressive, even a few classics towards the end of his set like express 2 ,"muzik". I think I saw Biz and his friends in the booth making some noise up there. :laugh: they looked like they were having the time of their lives. It was a great nigth and day for me and my crew. Space brought it best this weekend and I had a blast. Cant wait to see deep dish this wednesday.:D

peace,

Rick

Originally posted by CrzyC

I have never been a fan of PVD but Sat night I was converted!!! I had heard him at both Ultras this year and thought he sucked both times but Sat the man was kicking ass and taking names. And Markus opened up with a KILLER set also...the man was slammin!!! I do wish he had been on for afterhours too though. Who the hell is this DJ Cue??? DJ Cue needs to get a clue!!! It will always be hard to follow the #2 DJ inthe world but he opened up with such a slow set I actually yelled up at him to pick up the pace!!! (I was full of advice for everyone...lol). I really missed the usuals (Koky, Happyface, Sobeton) but it was a great night. I actyallu enjoyed the patio for once (maybe it was the nice weather). I tell ya LP and Biz know how to pump up a crowd from the DJ booth.:laugh: It was nice to see those that I rarely run into (Bobbalou, Damon-with annoying whistle, GlobalGirl) and good to spend time with DJM on his last official night. We will miss you man!

As a parting word I will tell you all the same thing I told LP...

It took a night of TRANCE to fill SPACE back up and as he is counting his money just keep thinking about that!!!:D

Much love to all!!! See ya after Thanksgiving!!!

BTW...I know there were more of you there...it was good hanging with all the usuals too.:D

Only TRANCE will make you feel like this......... Glad to see you had fun Crazy.