Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hello From New York

obby

Guest saleen351

isn't vibe playing space in a few weeks???

plus, i've never been to europe, but every person who comes back sez the same thing, no matter what language they speak, every single one of them can sing in english all the american rap tunes.... Which I find amazing, americans never would sing anything in another language, let alone actually listen to it.

And the French as assholes, they are so trying to preserve the French lauguage , they banned american terms like computer terms and a certain % of songs on ever french cd have to be in french.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by obby

I went to check out one of New York’s best DJ’s Little Louie Vega who I though would impress me but unfortunately did not. So far all I have heard is retro disco sounding house. I am guessing this is the “classic†stuff Saleen is always requesting Miami to play

Vega has always spun that kind of music.

retro disco house is finally making a comeback :clap:

For all of you that say New York puts Miami to shame.

I myself have been here three days already. Been club hoping here and there and must say…..very disappointed. The clubs it’s itself are very beautiful but the sounds….how can I say this in a nice way……the sounds are very feminine.

For the record guys, we have it made in Miami!!!!! Keep that in mind. Miami has more Euro sounds which to me are way more advanced than many other cities. DEEP and INTELLIGENT.

Nevertheless, I am having a great time here in New York. The restaurants are great and the people have been nothing but friendly to me. New Yorkers have my respect.

Sounds Of The Underground

Obby

I agree with you Obby in that the sound up here is "feminine". In my words its too "soft" for me. Since moving back here 4 months ago, I haven't been able to hear that sound I was so accustomed to in Miami. The only time I believe that sound comes around is when guest Dj's are in town. But there are a few locals Dj's that bang it out such as L.E.S, Hector Romero, Astro & Glyde, Satoshi Tomiie, 112 Crew and a few others. Nevertheless, I still love this city because it has so much to offer. Hope you have fun in NYC. :D

I wouldn't say the new york sounds are "very feminine".a majority of beats coming out of new york, tend to be more soulful. I.e. lot's of vocals ,drums, softer beats, etc..as far as house music is concerned. personally I prefer that sound. Bang, Bang, let's go to the next track ;Bang, Bang gets annoying after awhile. the Miami sound tends to be a bit harder.. that's the sound a majority of the peeps like down here. however putting the SOUL back in dance music, every now and then is good thing IMO.

;)

Originally posted by mursa

If i want soulful-vocals I would go to a Baptist church ..:D

I somewhat feel the same way. Thank you for making me laugh.

Originally posted by macboy

Obby, Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the music.[/quote

Although the music was not "my cup of tea", I did make the best of it. Thank You.

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

Obby, you are missed, come back safely!

Thank you babes, I'll be back soon and with great stories.

xoxoxoxox

Originally posted by philippio

Obby, just so you know, euro sounds are not deep and intelligent. [/QOTE]

I beg to differ. Maybe one day we will meet and discuss this in person. This topic to me is like discussing religions. It can go on and on and on.

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

Vega has always spun that kind of music.

retro disco house is finally making a comeback :clap:

Well worth the plane flight over here right????

Right!!!!

For the record, I never said New York slacked. As a matter of fact I find this city to be very enjoyable. There is always something to do and nothing is ever too far away. Tonight I will go have dinner at an excellent restaurant called TAO, which is in Midtown Manhattan, to then check out Darren Emerson at Avalon which I am sure will be “my cup of teaâ€. It seems like Avalon would be my second home if I lived here in New York (not to mention the private loft parties).

I pretty much spent the whole day today at Satellite Records considering that Eight Ball Records is no longer. Yes, you read right. Eight Ball Records is no longer. If anyone recommends any other vinyl shop that may fit my needs, please feel free to let me know.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great weekend and I hope your thanksgivings where enjoyable as well.

Peace,

Guest saleen351

bla tribal and dark house IS OVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

GET USE TO IT, SOON MIAMI WILL CHANGE OR IT WILL CLOSE UP SHOP....

MIAMI PEOPLE ONLY HAVE BEEN CLUBBING SINCE 1996, NYC HAS BEEN DOING IT SINCE THE 70'S, JUST LIKE ANY THING IN THIS WORLD, NYC LEADS ALL TRENDS....

obby, you are a dj, and I think you own a label, seems you fit right in with the rest of the djs down here including roland oscar rivera ralph etc, they are stuck in 2001.... Oscar always make fun of my track lists, calls them "white party" material, but the last laugh is on all of them, i'm right, and when puffy drops his album, it will go even further, dark bla non fun beats are so 2 years ago, techno is done, trance is for kids....

i'm not even a dj, yet i'm more up to date on whats going on then you djs down here, fuck i've never bought a piece of vinly or spun one ever on a turn table...

BTW demo just posted this, nyc house is commingggggggggg

the revolution is comming to miami, the beginging of the end for dark bla tunes is finally starting in miami...

http://www.cooljunkieforums.com/YaBB.cgi?board=miami;action=display;num=1070065468

At the same time it doesn't do anyone any bit of good to forget the mistakes of the past. I'd hate to see a evolution into a less-dark sound, only to go right back into a dark sound in 2 years...

I'm a fan of the happier sound myself, I've never understood the logic of going out only to find this dark, depressing soundtrack, geared towards the crackheads who need their little corners to go and do their crackhead activities.

Guest saleen351

CLUB SPACE 12AM - BLAAAAAA TRIBAL

CLUB SPACE 1AM - BLAAAAA TRIBAL

CLUB SPACE 2AM - BLAAAAAAAAA TRIBAL

CLUB SPACE 3AM - PIRATE RADIO ENDS SO WE GET MORE BLAA TRIBAL

CLUB SPACE 4AM- WORD IS OUT, THERE IS ONLY BLA TRIBAL SO YOU BETTER GET SOME DRUGS SO YOU CAN ENJOY IT

CLUB SPACE 5AM - BLAAAAA TRIABALLLLLLLLL

CLUB SPACE 6AM - A PROGRESSIVE HOUSE DJ COMES ON THE DECKS AND ALL THE TRANCE HEADS GO NUTS AND DIED, YET IT'S NOT A TRANCE DJ....

CLUB SPACE 7AM - PEOPLE FROM MIAMI WITH SLEEPING DISORDERS SHOW UP TO HIT THE PATIO SO THEY CAN CATCH A NAP

CLUB SPACE 8AM - PATIO LOOKS LIKE JONES TOWN

CLUB SPACE 9AM - THE PATIO AWAKENS TO 5 GOOD TRACKS

CLUB SPACE 10AM- CLUB IS CLOSED AND THE CROWD IS WONDERING WHY THE FUCK THEY BOTHERED COMMING OUT

CLUB SPACE 10AM MONDAY MORNING- THEY PLAN ANOTHER CLOSEING PARTY

AND SOME EVEN HAVE TO ASK ME WHY I DON'T GO OUT ANY MORE....

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by pod

I'm a fan of the happier sound myself, I've never understood the logic of going out only to find this dark, depressing soundtrack, geared towards the crackheads who need their little corners to go and do their crackhead activities.

POD i've taught you well young grasshopper....

Originally posted by macboy

If you're staying through Monday, Francois K does a progressive set at Cielo on Monday nights you might like. ;)

Did you make it out anywhere else?

I happened to catch Francois K at cielo last time I was up there ... OMG that man is just sick sick sick.... if you have a soul, you are sure to have an insane night. I am def not a NY groupie, but cielo with francois k is just the shit! (btw someone just try to clasify him ... ????? deepdirtyjazzydubyhouseclashyeclecticdiscocrap)

Originally posted by saleen351

bla tribal and dark house IS OVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

GET USE TO IT, SOON MIAMI WILL CHANGE OR IT WILL CLOSE UP SHOP....

the revolution is comming to miami, the beginging of the end for dark bla tunes is finally starting in miami...

http://www.cooljunkieforums.com/YaBB.cgi?board=miami;action=display;num=1070065468

Saleen (Nostradamus) my friend, I understand this is what you want and wish for and to be honest with you I hope you get it just so that individuals such as yourself will finally have a place/club in Miami to call home. What would be better than a city that offers a large variety of music to please the diverse population and cultures?

BUT.......

I myself will not change my ways due to a "revolution" which you are predicting. I buy my vinyls for my pleasure, for my cravings (which you can do the same to please your needs) and I am not trying to sound greedy. If my pleasures and cravings please the ears of others then by all means, my sounds are here to be shared. Some dj's buy whatever sounds will put food on their table which is understandable but do not confuse me for one of those. I will, though, keep an open mind (unlike others) and hope that such places which you desire do establish JUST to please individuals such as yourself and hopefully put a halt on all this New York is better than Miami and vice versa bullshit.

I will continue to purchase my vinyls directly from the UK, Germany, Australia, Netherlands, Japan etc etc etc......and I will do this because that is where I find the sounds which I consider to be "advanced".

I'll be honest with you, I love these discussions just for the simple fact that 15 years ago I could not have these discussions with anyone here in Miami. Evolution is taking place but I do not see it to be in your favor.

PS: Appreciate the beautiful city you now live in. Grow with us, not against us.

Peace,

Ever heard of NY Garage? Luckily, some dj's still cling onto it for the roots of the music they play to this day. It's what keeps the soul in music. And you can have vocals and harder instrumentals. Look at what DT does with KOT's Finally or Madonna's Vogue or Celeda's Be Yourself, The Underground, Let the Music Use You Up, etc, etc...

Saleen, I loved the thread about Space's schedule!!! A huge thumbs up for that one!!!

:D

The real parties aren't were NYC's usual jock dj's spin. Like Saleen has mentioned time and time again, they are in the countless lounges that are filled with vibeful atmosphere.

Saleen (Nostradamus) my friend, I understand this is what you want and wish for and to be honest with you I hope you get it just so that individuals such as yourself will finally have a place/club in Miami to call home. What would be better than a city that offers a large variety of music to please the diverse population and cultures?

BUT.......

I myself will not change my ways due to a "revolution" which you are predicting. I buy my vinyls for my pleasure, for my cravings (which you can do the same to please your needs) and I am not trying to sound greedy. If my pleasures and cravings please the ears of others then by all means, my sounds are here to be shared. Some dj's buy whatever sounds will put food on their table which is understandable but do not confuse me for one of those. I will, though, keep an open mind (unlike others) and hope that such places which you desire do establish JUST to please individuals such as yourself and hopefully put a halt on all this New York is better than Miami and vice versa bullshit.

I will continue to purchase my vinyls directly from the UK, Germany, Australia, Netherlands, Japan etc etc etc......and I will do this because that is where I find the sounds which I consider to be "advanced".

I'll be honest with you, I love these discussions just for the simple fact that 15 years ago I could not have these discussions with anyone here in Miami. Evolution is taking place but I do not see it to be in your favor.

PS: Appreciate the beautiful city you now live in. Grow with us, not against us.

Peace,

:aright: :aright: :aright: