Clubplanet Nightlife Community

anyone have any info on the velvet lounge?

well after working there thanksgiving eve and seeing it TOTALLY EMPTY..I QUIT.!!

IF YOU WANNA BE THE ONLY ONE THERE TONITE...GO FOR IT!!

1. MANAGEMENT DOESNT KNOW WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE DOING.. THEY'VE NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE.

2. OWNER HAS NO CLUE

3. DRINK PRICES ARE SO OUTRAGEOUS

4. BOUNCERS WILL KICK YOU OUT IF YOU TRY TO HAVE FUN BY THROWING NAPKINS AROUND.

need I say anything more?..... I've worked at alot of places....I have never seen such a badly run establishment like that one.

have fun.

at least club CHERRI was doing good...if it wasnt for that idiot manager ruining it for everyone...they would have made it...

VELVET DOESNT HAVE A CHANCE.

Velvet

Axis

Stealth

XL

Sleep

Circa

Northfield

FACT

8 clubs open in a 8 month period, all within 20 miles of each other.

FACT

Stats. say 7 out of 10 will be closed within a year.

According to Latina, Velvet is the first to fall.

Petey is good, so Circa is sure to make it.

XL seems to be run right, and I hear good things...

To the others.... good luck.

Theres no way more than 4 of these clubs can make it due to the fact they opened up within 20 miles of each other, and are trying to attract the same people.

"Be carefull what you wish for in life, you might get it"

(meaning losing all your cash opening up a club, this post is meant for friends of mine who think the club biz is a cakewalk. watch what happenes to these 8 new places over the next 12 months)

:( :( :( :( :(

You know I've been in the business long enough to get a feeling about a place.

XL will do great because they know how to run things

Someone who managed A&P doesnt make you competent to run a night club.

Im glad Im outta there. They dont want to listen to any advice thats given to them so they will go down ...:D

Originally posted by latinaz

You know I've been in the business long enough to get a feeling about a place.

Someone who managed A&P doesnt make you competent to run a night club.

Im glad Im outta there. They dont want to listen to any advice thats given to them so they will go down ...:D

A&P to Velvet?

Are you saying that If I go to Velvet tonight, I can also get a gallon of Milk and a loaf of bread before I leave?

:tongue:

Originally posted by jerseygirl25

I've been to TONIC almost every Saturday night and every week it gets more and more packed!

They have open bar every Saturday night and the music is great!!!

Come and Check it out... I always have a great time!!!!

how long have u worked there?

Originally posted by voodoolounge

Velvet

Axis

Stealth

XL

Sleep

Circa

Northfield

FACT

8 clubs open in a 8 month period, all within 20 miles of each other.

FACT

Stats. say 7 out of 10 will be closed within a year.

According to Latina, Velvet is the first to fall.

Petey is good, so Circa is sure to make it.

XL seems to be run right, and I hear good things...

To the others.... good luck.

Theres no way more than 4 of these clubs can make it due to the fact they opened up within 20 miles of each other, and are trying to attract the same people.

"Be carefull what you wish for in life, you might get it"

(meaning losing all your cash opening up a club, this post is meant for friends of mine who think the club biz is a cakewalk. watch what happenes to these 8 new places over the next 12 months)

:( :( :( :( :(

THANKS FOR YOU STATS ....... NEXT TIME YOU WANNA START SPITTING OUT MORE STATISTICS ..... REALIZE THAT YOU ARE PROBABLY THE ONLY PERSON THAT WANTS TO HEAR THEM AND KEEP THEM TO YOURSELF ... ;)

Originally posted by godisadj

thanks in advance,

GODISADJ

yea heres some info ,,,, it sucks...

my friends almost beat the shit outta me for makin them check it out with me .. ugliest crowd possible ... music sucks... wassup up with letting 3 people in at a time and holding the rest back with VELVET ropes ? that was the gayest shit ive ever seen ..... place was empty and their trying to get all new york in there ... real friendly valet people however ... and my girl chelsea is a cocktail waitress ,,,,fucking hotttttttie!!!! anywas yea dont go .... that place is crap on a stick !

p.s. nobody included changes...i mean madhouse..umm wait the "place" ....oh i mean .. "tonic" because nobody gives a shit about tonic.... people who go to tonic dont have indoor plumbing , just cutoff their mullets , go there to dance with their sisters ...that and theres nowhere else close enough to ride ur tractor too ...:) :)

Actually Friday Night at Velvet did 650 - 650 very happy customers that is - Vic Latino Rocked the joint - Thanksgiving Eve only did only 180 peeps - but listen, that is the night people go looking for their friends, not a night to try out new places - As for bitter Zee I'm sorry she is so disappointed that she couldn't get her promoter friends in, but that is simply not the game being played here, And I could mention all the facts about that situation but I won't - Fridays are the strong night at Velvet and anything said here on CP really won't change that. I honestly thought I'd see more haters by now. You guys are slippin'