Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Partyin up in NY....suggestions??

Hey I need some help...

One of my friends is turning 21 in a week and to celebrate we are going up to NYC for a few days (Dec. 26-28th). Can anyone suggest a couple of good places to go while we are up there?? Clubwise, they aren't that into trance/house or anything like that, but it's not completely out of the question. And bars are always good, as long as there's good music there. I don't know much about the city, so any help is appreciated. I know that we are staying near Times Square....

HELP!! :)

Thanks a lot...

Geez guys...

Ok, they aren't really into the whole trance/rave thing. They are more into bars that play all the popular hip-hop/pop music (which I'm not, so I don't know how to describe it as anything other than that.) I'm not that complicated really, all I'm looking for are some of the best places in your opinion to go. If you had friends coming in from out of town, where would you bring them??

How about places with cheap drinks?? I would have been more specific if I was looking for something specific...I was simply just asking for some suggestions and some good ideas. Didn't mean to annoy anyone.

culture club is an 80's retro club, but they also play current pop and mainstream hip hop...i'm not a huge fan of that place. why don't u try to expand their ur friends' musical experience. the really good nyc clubs don't play that crappy cheese-trance or house that ur friends probably hate...DT @ ARC on fridays is one of the best parties right now. otherwise, u could always bar-hop bleeker st. good luck.