• Hell yeah!
    • Aint gonna happen.
    • Not quite sure.....

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by saleen351

outside of miami, breaks go along with gooks selling k to each other wearing UFOs, pretty lights, t shirts etc... it's bottom feeding at it's worst.. It's a drug culture for freaks and those who have zero fucking clue about choons. Breaks are way beneath trance... It's a bunch of kids who never grew up, these are the same morons who are on the beach with their backpacks that have STR8 EDGE stickers on them, yet their backpack is filled with Jars and they do those stick thingys, you know where you hold 2 sticks and you flip the other stick in the air....

37.jpg

the last time louis puig booked a breaks artist was lee burridge @ spin. unfortunately when lee burridge was at his dirtiest throwing some nu-skool breaks the crowd emptied and lee was dissapointed. so i really don't give a fuc* if they play breaks @ space or not because i know that it aint ever gonna happen.:mad: and by judging how outta hand and dirty, sick, and awsome phil k was @ nerve this past friday throwing down some of the dirtiest breaks i have heard all year. i have my club to hear breaks and other genres of not the same old same old prog house over and over again. props go to dj roland. he's the only dj @ space who currently plays breaks.:D

Guest brwneydtrouble
props go to dj roland. he's the only dj @ space who currently plays breaks.:D

Whenever I am over there, he always tells me - here's some breaks for you. :love2:

Brwneydtrouble and mrmovement33 :aright:

Otherwise, very depressing and disappointing thread. Mad amounts of ignorance spewing forth! Damn guys, I'm stuck in the vicinity for at least five years. At first I was thirlled with how easy it was to find somewhere to go, something to do, but soon was filled with disappointment at the homogeneity of the music and I'm still on my search for some quality breaks. Ironic... over the holidays I'm going to get a whole night of wickedly soulful bass (thank freaking god) New Year's in freaking North Carolina of all places! :confused: Come on FL step up! For the record, I've been a breakbeat freak for years and I've never touched a glow stick. Any genre (or subgenre) you deal with you will have pop candy shit (geez, breaks isn't the first genre that comes to mind either) and then you have the underground sound with substance. What is all of this resistance? This is the first area I have ever been in that is so anti-breaks. It's really weird. Makes me want to move back to the West coast. I don't want to fall into the tendency to stereotype, but honestly, at least back home and in Cali, and all of my other experiences, when the breaks are good, the people are cool and when it's poppy housey trancey hard housey type stuff the crowd is like what I've experienced so far in Miami, for the masses kind of people. As far as intelligence goes, I'll get back to you on that. I'm studying music and the brain and at least in my experience I've seen a correlation, not inferirng any direction of causality here, but it is something I wouldn't mind looking into. As for elitism, doesn't sound like the breaks fans are the ones touting their superiority here! *sigh* So Nerve is the place to be for breaks? I'll see the few of you like minded indviduals there maybe. (and those of you who know what I'm talking about, I bet it's no coincidence that you are at least one SD above the mean)

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by pbrane

Brwneydtrouble and mrmovement33 :aright:

Otherwise, very depressing and disappointing thread. Mad amounts of ignorance spewing forth! Damn guys, I'm stuck in the vicinity for at least five years. At first I was thirlled with how easy it was to find somewhere to go, something to do, but soon was filled with disappointment at the homogeneity of the music and I'm still on my search for some quality breaks. Ironic... over the holidays I'm going to get a whole night of wickedly soulful bass (thank freaking god) New Year's in freaking North Carolina of all places! :confused: Come on FL step up! For the record, I've been a breakbeat freak for years and I've never touched a glow stick. Any genre (or subgenre) you deal with you will have pop candy shit (geez, breaks isn't the first genre that comes to mind either) and then you have the underground sound with substance. What is all of this resistance? This is the first area I have ever been in that is so anti-breaks. It's really weird. Makes me want to move back to the West coast. I don't want to fall into the tendency to stereotype, but honestly, at least back home and in Cali, and all of my other experiences, when the breaks are good, the people are cool and when it's poppy housey trancey hard housey type stuff the crowd is like what I've experienced so far in Miami, for the masses kind of people. As far as intelligence goes, I'll get back to you on that. I'm studying music and the brain and at least in my experience I've seen a correlation, not inferirng any direction of causality here, but it is something I wouldn't mind looking into. As for elitism, doesn't sound like the breaks fans are the ones touting their superiority here! *sigh* So Nerve is the place to be for breaks? I'll see the few of you like minded indviduals there maybe. (and those of you who know what I'm talking about, I bet it's no coincidence that you are at least one SD above the mean)

Thanks Heather, Im glad someone caught my drift. And as far as getting the breaks you crave, Nerve has been bringing a lot of great talent, but I still prefer my beloved locals - Sean Bauzay, djFX, Wendel, Ash Rock, Merlyn, DBJ and Craze for D&B. Obby and Joey of SOTU need to get booked so I can hear them somewhere! We were having a great party at Venu on Friday nights that I think will be started up again in January, and I plan on bringing more breaks to X-it after the holidays. I/O always has great parties, Culture parties in different venues like the PAC, Candyland coming at the end of December.....

People like Saleen can talk all they want about the crowd but I have never met such a nice, considerate crowd as the ones that attend these parties, and not because they are under some kind of drug.

thank you very much pbrane. jackie and i have always seen eye to eye when it comes to intelligent nu-skool breaks and up-front quality music as a whole. unfortunately, as you can see breaks is not very popular here in miami. atleast not nu-skool breaks. but as the person who most eliquantly has put it to me digital7 a.k.a. danny boy. it's always better to stay a step ahead of the masses as it deals with our music. i laugh to myself when i'm at the gym and i hear peepz talking about some dj called steve lawler coming down to miami. it makes me feel good because i know that peepz are starting to realize what quality music is all about. as far as our breaks are concerned here are a few breaky tracks that are really moving me now. i hope to meet you one day pbrane. the first drink is on me;)

1.andy page ft. george clinton "elementofunk" mix 1 & mix 2

2. klaus "heavyweight" hill "bubblegum/techno tune"

3. databass "stress resistance strain" mind & heart mixes

4. tom mangam "backwards retro" cass mix

5. capoeira twins "flick the switch"

6. stewart keenan "feel now" breaks mix

7. soul of man "outback/kickback"

8. kraymon "who wants some/somehow green"

9. freq nasty "clit licka"

10. meat katie & dark globe "feel it" 2003 edit (my favorite breaks track of 2003)

fuc* yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

abe

Originally posted by mrmovement33

thank you very much pbrane. jackie and i have always seen eye to eye when it comes to intelligent nu-skool breaks and up-front quality music as a whole.

abe

Did you say "intelligent"??????

:D