Clubplanet Nightlife Community

rockin strong island this fri.dec.5,

whats up to all u Strong Islanders just wanted to let u house heads know that I'm going to be at club Nation this fri. dec. 5, droppin the new song that Aubrey & I just did not to mention a lot of hot new tracks its going to be a great night so if your out on the Island or just wanna here some great house music and hang out with some of Long Islands hottest people come check me out I'll also be givin away 50 free cd 's of my latest mix set... hope to see everbody there......... Eddie Baez:spin:

Eddie,

Great to see you on the Island. Nation is bringing in some of the wickedest underground talent over the next few weeks, and you are really the only dj appropriate to kick off such a venue. I've missed your New York presence since the end of your reign at Tunnel, and I know this venue will give you the chance to unleash your wicked productions on a house-hungry crowd that's been dying to hear you rip shit.

This Friday, like last Friday, will be insane.

Eddie,

Welcome to CP, it's about time you signed up, your name passes around these boards all the time.

The whole reason I am even on this board later and still interested in this scene is because I -and so many others that will pop up- have been hooked on clubbing since the days of evolution at Tunnel.

Those days have been BADLY missed, and thanks so much for the amazing memories. The evil-fucking tracks that you were dropping at 8am, in combination with the crazy atmosphere of Tunnel, really created an almost "hell-like" party!!

As someone who has been there and done that and for at least a couple of years was the one of the most cutting edge DJ's in NYC, do you think those days can return?

Do you think the crowd still exists that wants to go to the darkside like that? These new clubs opening up are looking for a broader appeal. Where has that dirty, underbelly of NYC gone? I ask you b/c you lead the charge in that direction to some extent....

Finally, I've seen you play quite a few times since Tunnel, when you were really tearing up hard NYC progressive that always had a mean edge to it. It seems like you have departed from that sound and really brough more vocals in, and even infused a more commercial house sound. Do you agree? And if so, how do you view that change in sound as having impacted your status in the DJ circuit?

Sorry Eddie, this is not an interview, but I've wondered about this and I haven't seen you in person since Weds nights at Groovejet a few back....

Welcome to the Board.... a welcome addition indeed.

Peace,

Bassboy

Things are getting better & better at Nation!

We are giddy as School Girls to see what Eddie Baez is gonna whip out on Friday! I also have to say unlike other clubs we give our DJ's 100% control over what they play. They are not tied down at all, they have full reign to rip shit up how ever they want!

Our sound company GSA is in the midst of refurbishing our system to make it sound AWSOME for not only Eddie but all the other DJ's that will be coming down.

We have also added a custom GSA DJ console. This DJ booth was designed originally to be the main room DJ booth @ Sound Factory but they then decided to go with a different design, so we now have it instead:tongue:

Our resident DJ Rob James is back in the Studio whipping up some NASTY beats for the Nation Dancefloor! I was in his studio last night listening to some of his new stuff and all I have to say is WOW!

Our complaints we had about our door staff and the dress code have been taken care of. Please come in what ever you like to dance in! WE HAVE NO DRESS CODE. If someone tells you different please contact me VIA P/M, email, or find me @ the club!

Any questions, g-u-e-s-t-l-i-s-t info, or comments please Email me @ MattM2o@yahoo.com

See Everyone Friday

MATT!