Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attention Pod...

philippio

The cd that dj Major gave me is called Major Sound of Music. Is that the one you have? I'm listening to it right now but I'm not very impressed as you expected.

To me it's :bored:

Reminiscent of Cowan's notorious opening sets on fridays...:D to which I say... "not my cup of tea!"

He seemed really outgoing and motivated.

:idea: I could see him replacing Cowan on friday nights.

We were talking about music all night and he mentioned that dj's here are so arrogant and unfriendly compared to the ones in the UK (he was talking low profile jocks, obviously). I completely see what he's talking about. Even some of the low-key players in this town are so over-inflated, you stick a thumbtack on their asses and they fucking pop! That's the one nice thing about how dance music has completely infiltrated youth culture in the UK. You don't get the pretentiousness from the guys behind the decks cause there's so many that they're all equal. Here, some dj's think they're gods when they are behind the 1200's opening for some big-name schmuck!

Originally posted by philippio

He seemed really outgoing and motivated.

:idea: I could see him replacing Cowan on friday nights.

We were talking about music all night and he mentioned that dj's here are so arrogant and unfriendly compared to the ones in the UK (he was talking low profile jocks, obviously). I completely see what he's talking about. Even some of the low-key players in this town are so over-inflated, you stick a thumbtack on their asses and they fucking pop! That's the one nice thing about how dance music has completely infiltrated youth culture in the UK. You don't get the pretentiousness from the guys behind the decks cause there's so many that they're all equal. Here, some dj's think they're gods when they are behind the 1200's opening for some big-name schmuck!

:nono:

Sorry My Friend but You are DEAD wrong...

Yes, there a likely hood that some underground DJs in the U.K. have smaller EGO's than many in the States.... But that's mainly due to MOST people in the states Having EGO's!!!!

.... IMO ... It has nothing to do with the DJ's, its just the culture.... In fact pending on the music market some U.K. DJ are even more pretentious.. and arrogant than DJs in MIA... :

An AssHole :moon: Is an ASSHOLE.... Doemstic or imported....

and a DJ true to his roots is just that a TRUE DJ...

:hat: Most DJs have the GOD complex....

About 70% of the DJ's (worldwide)I meet have BIG ego's.... and have been spinning lest than 5 years :eek: