Clubplanet Nightlife Community

protein...

chrismakk69

Originally posted by chrismakk69

are these mixable with just a shaker though? this is for work and i dont have a blender here...i think ill go with the one ou812 pointed out...just wana make sure its easy to make...

I take about 16-20 oz of water put it in a shaker bottle and toss in 2 scoops. Mixes up no problem, it's very low in carbs so the liquid stays thin, not all fibery and thick like some other shakes.

Try Myoplex. 42g's of protein. The shakes taste good, and you don't need a blender. Get yourself a sports bottle with a .oz guide on the side of the bottle. Put 16oz. of water, the poweder, close the top and shake for about 30 secs. There's also myoplex lite if your concerned about the 20 something grams of carbs in the shake.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by misskittie

Whey is if you want to bulk up, right? I'm a chick and wanna slim it down. Anyone have a good tasting soy shake? Price doesn't matter...

the type of protien you use has nothing to do with bulking up or slimming down. it all has to do with your calorie intake.

whey is has the highest bioavailability of amino acids which means it digest fast

Casineate is a slower digesting protine with longer amino acid chains

both can be used

how ever Whey is used post work out to get aminos to the muscls that need them also since most people bulking up need to eat every 2 to 3 hours you need something that digests fast.

in short the type of protien you use has nothing to do with bulking or cutting

bulking or cutting has to do with your Diet period

even your training is Tertiary to Diet and sleep

My diet is very clean. I eat a lot of fresh fish, chicken, fruits, veggies, etc. Not big on the carb food - never have been really.

I'm looking for a shake as a mid-day beverage / pick me up and as something to give me that extra boost prior to doing my cardio. So, is this the right route? Meaning shakes or should I be doing something else?

Originally posted by misskittie

My diet is very clean. I eat a lot of fresh fish, chicken, fruits, veggies, etc. Not big on the carb food - never have been really.

I'm looking for a shake as a mid-day beverage / pick me up and as something to give me that extra boost prior to doing my cardio. So, is this the right route? Meaning shakes or should I be doing something else?

if you're looking for a boost just drink gatorade you don't want to ingest protien before you do cardio because it will pull blood away from your muscles to your stomach and intestines to help digest the protein the protien won't give you any extra energy and probably hinder performance.