Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Deluxe review...

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

not a full review, thats comming this week, but I really was impressed by it all.

Place is set up perfect, crowd was awesome, dressed up adult fun crowd, good amout of ladies, people in dresses and suits etc.... Perfect date place, cool little neighborhood...

Matt was playing some funky house choons, really good, mixing was so so, but track selection was really good. Matt i need the track id around 1230, it was a black british dude talking about some "phat dope ass shit"... track was awesome...

sound is good though a little muffled when the bass hits at some tracks...

Drinks... I have no idea, I drank for free.

Good seeing Big John and his wife, thanks for the drink, but i'm a lite drinker, and you could use that drink you made me to power a car, it was pure alcohol:eek:

nice meeting livewire, and you gotta see this cat to see why they call him that. :D

Deluxe is on our list of things to do now, they have a patio and bar back there.. Staff was great, the autograph seekers were polite to me... etc.

Just another reason not to go to sobe anymore...

8 out of 10 guido fist pumps is my review...

official revew comming later, maybe on cj...

wow... we agree on something.

Deluxe is cool and Matt brings that place alive, its nothing like the beach (not it a bad way, but for too many in the crowd, the music is just the flavor of the day, they dont truely get it) and closes at 2:00, but a great place to go locally for us norther folks. consistantly fun, and Matt brings great energy and yep, great track selection.

Originally posted by saleen351

not a full review, thats comming this week, but I really was impressed by it all.

Place is set up perfect, crowd was awesome, dressed up adult fun crowd, good amout of ladies, people in dresses and suits etc.... Perfect date place, cool little neighborhood...

Matt was playing some funky house choons, really good, mixing was so so, but track selection was really good. Matt i need the track id around 1230, it was a black british dude talking about some "phat dope ass shit"... track was awesome...

Good seeing Big John and his wife, thanks for the drink, but i'm a lite drinker, and you could use that drink you made me to power a car, it was pure alcohol:eek:

nice meeting livewire, and you gotta see this cat to see why they call him that. :D

Deluxe is on our list of things to do now, they have a patio and bar back there.. Staff was great, the autograph seekers were polite to me... etc.

u see i told everyone it was a nice place & a great crowd ... saleen its just too bad that when you get bored in a few weeks & have nothing to write about , you will turn around & write about how it sucks , how bad the service is , how the music matt spins sucks & that you are pissed that you were not able to get any comps :laugh: :laugh: oh & how the club is going down & that it is OVAAAAAAAAAAAA :laugh: :laugh:

Guest saleen351

so the people in miami and sobe "get it" when it comes to the music????

At deluxe they "get it", it's just fun, the way it use to be..

Originally posted by macboy

Back it up a second... it closes at 2am???? Hey Matt, will it stay open later for New Years?

Also, get me info on drink prices and bottle prices.

Yes it closes at 2 am, there is no way around it, it is a city law. But there is usually a good after party to go to. :D

you have to pay for drinks? whats that?:confused:

but there is mad women at Delux. If there is no house parties on NYE, I might be at Delux, but not sure if Matt will be playing.

But I know the Lust Crew is playing.

http://www.lust4house.com/mainframe.html

that is "phat dope shit"- Loco Dice (saeed & palash mix)

nice to meet you last night nick i apologize for the sound last night, unfortunately they had a private party before we opened last night and they had a hip hop dj who apparently messed with the system it sounded like SHIT... i promise you though it usually sounds much better in there... but you did forget about one thing though- the pigeon ratio-:D

Much Love Matt,

Back it up a second... it closes at 2am???? Hey Matt, will it stay open later for New Years?

Mac, unfortunately they(police) are very strict about the 2 am closing... so no they won't be open later on new years... but there are many great after parties to attend and i will definately let you know about them as we get closer(pm me). i myself as of right now may be playing either in NY or at the new Palm Beach Convention Center which promises to be off the hook!

They will be closing at 4am on New Years :D THe city of Delray grants them a "permit" 1 night a year to stay open late... And that's from the owners mouth (and a cop I know in Delray)

Sorry I missed you Saleen . . . after getting my comp admission and comp drinks I headed to Crobar for my comp admission and comp drinks.

Hope you got Matt's latest CD - very good tunes.

Originally posted by shroomy

wow... we agree on something.

Deluxe is cool and Matt brings that place alive, its nothing like the beach (not it a bad way, but for too many in the crowd, the music is just the flavor of the day, they dont truely get it) and closes at 2:00, but a great place to go locally for us norther folks. consistantly fun, and Matt brings great energy and yep, great track selection.

WERD!

so the people in miami and sobe "get it" when it comes to the music????

At deluxe they "get it", it's just fun, the way it use to be..

well it certainly depends on the venue and the night .. but yeah there is a higher "clueless" ratio in laudy and delray, not to take away from the crowd, but most could give a shit if they just pumped in 93.1. They are mostly having a good time though, a big pluss for sure.

that is not neccessarily true...before Matt's residency began they had a dj playing a lot of that cheese and it was empty week in and week out. The first Sat. Matt played there, he set it off. Than he didn't play there the next week and it was dead again. I think the Delux crowd recognizes the quality music.

Originally posted by livewirebs

that is not neccessarily true...before Matt's residency began they had a dj playing a lot of that cheese and it was empty week in and week out. The first Sat. Matt played there, he set it off. Than he didn't play there the next week and it was dead again. I think the Delux crowd recognizes the quality music.

Well if Im wrong, they have a good teacher in matt :)

Originally posted by lolahotass

Glad to hear everyone enjoyed themselves:D

Matt, you are definately on my "must see" list at Delux;)

thats great to hear lola, i look forward to seeing you!

oh and sorry about the NYE info Vaughn thats great that you get to rock it till 4 am!

now as far people being clueless about the music in Delux...i believe that it's a 50/50 ratio i won't lie. but compared to when brian(livewire) and myself started there thats great. for us its perfect because when we sat down and discussed our goals. we realized that our main goal wasn't to go someplace and play where everyone knew every song and it was a guaranteed crowd. our main goal was and still is to spread our music and vibe to people and places that haven't been reached. to bring awareness to house music as a whole, and to give new people a chance to experience the feelings that house music can evoke from your soul, and i believe that we are doing that. but brian and i are only part of that equation the other part are those that aren't clueless about the music. they can lead those that are clueless through the energy they release on the floor by showing people how to have fun and just say... FUCK IT LETS GET DOWN! this is what has been happening at Delux and i have to say it's amazing!

Originally posted by rudeboywarrior

thats great to hear lola, i look forward to seeing you!

oh and sorry about the NYE info Vaughn thats great that you get to rock it till 4 am!

now as far people being clueless about the music in Delux...i believe that it's a 50/50 ratio i won't lie. but compared to when brian(livewire) and myself started there thats great. for us its perfect because when we sat down and discussed our goals. we realized that our main goal wasn't to go someplace and play where everyone knew every song and it was a guaranteed crowd. our main goal was and still is to spread our music and vibe to people and places that haven't been reached. to bring awareness to house music as a whole, and to give new people a chance to experience the feelings that house music can evoke from your soul, and i believe that we are doing that. but brian and i are only part of that equation the other part are those that aren't clueless about the music. they can lead those that are clueless through the energy they release on the floor by showing people how to have fun and just say... FUCK IT LETS GET DOWN! this is what has been happening at Delux and i have to say it's amazing!

Awesome post Matt:aright:

Originally posted by rudeboywarrior

FUCK IT LETS GET DOWN! this is what has been happening at Delux and i have to say it's amazing!

and I have to say, you've been doing a great job, I hope no one reads my posts wrong and thinks I don't like the place or the DJ.

Originally posted by livewirebs

Matt defineltly plays great sets week in and week out . . . something that Delray and Palm Beach County was lacking. I'll put Delux up against any smaller venue in South Beach for the party they are hosting on Saturday nights.