Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Review of Spirit Opening Last PM- It wuz not Twilo

Originally posted by ianjohn I went to Avalon grand opening weekend, and it fawking sucked.

If you're going to judge a club by opening night, you really have no basis at all. This past Friday with Lawler @ Avalon was by far the best party yet. You say you went to Twilo. Well, Twilo only took about 6 years to reach its pinnacle. Get some perspective.

Originally posted by ianjohn NYC Is Dead. Im Outta here.

Good riddance.

Yea, thats right NY. Get rid of all ur talent. Let see where I have scene good people go in the past year. Hardford, Tampa, Italy... etc. Good Riddance indeed. Im not gonna throw an ego, but there are DJs out there that arent DJing anywhere that should be, and the whack ass DJs are getting the work that shouldnt be.

Originally posted by starstuff

Good riddance.

Originally posted by ianjohn

Yea, thats right NY. Get rid of all ur talent. Let see where I have scene good people go in the past year. Hardford, Tampa, Italy... etc. Good Riddance indeed. Im not gonna throw an ego, but there are DJs out there that arent DJing anywhere that should be, and the whack ass DJs are getting the work that shouldnt be.

...and there are plenty of DJs who are still getting work as well. Maybe it's your attitude that is holding you back.

For instance, I've done a party for almost three years at Filter 14 employing ONLY NYC DJs. For my Plexi parties I never relied on the DJs to bring the party people, that was my job. But I'd also never work with DJs who sported such attitude or hated on the scene - no matter how bad things got. And I know things have gotten pretty bad over the last couple of years, but they are getting better.

Over the last couple of months and coming months, we've had plenty of NYC DJs at Avalon, Filter 14, Spirit, Centro-Fly, Arc and CroBar coming up shortly and none of them were "whack ass." Too bad they just didn't include you.

Sorry but it sounds like it's just hard to swallow the bitter pill.

Originally posted by starstuff

...and there are plenty of DJs who are still getting work as well. Maybe it's your attitude that is holding you back.

For instance, I've done a party for almost three years at Filter 14 employing ONLY NYC DJs. For my Plexi parties I never relied on the DJs to bring the party people, that was my job. But I'd also never work with DJs who sported such attitude or hated on the scene - no matter how bad things got. And I know things have gotten pretty bad over the last couple of years, but they are getting better.

Over the last couple of months and coming months, we've had plenty of NYC DJs at Avalon, Filter 14, Spirit, Centro-Fly, Arc and CroBar coming up shortly and none of them were "whack ass." Too bad they just didn't include you.

Sorry but it sounds like it's just hard to swallow the bitter pill.

you tell em Plexi. :)

my 2 cents.

Originally posted by joevibe

it is not intended to be a club in "factory" or "twilo" terms.. who told you is was gonna be like that????

had you paid attention to any posts or even had checked the website once, you would have realized that.

I thnik the place is great... it's not a club. It's an evening out. Takes care of all your needs.. food, entertainment, great vibe and beautiful people....

If you just wanna get all banged up and sweat, be around 20 year olds.. go to the jersey shore.

it's a friggin shame some people can't appreciate it....

.... and to say something should burn down???!!!:eek:

I completely agree. Times have changed. We need a new vibe/attraction for nyc, just as Spirit is providing. Lets face it, megaclubs like Twilo, Tunnel, old Factory is a thing of the past. NYC cannot afford to have a clubs like those and all the negative things that come with it. Hence why most are closed. Start adapting or leave