Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Official Crobar Announcement

Originally posted by joevibe

you have just stated my gripe...

I posted banners up for you guys for 4 months... no charge, being nice and to welcome you to NYC..

even did an interview with VC to help support you...

but my phone calls were not returned in a proffessional and timely manner, nor was I given any respect from any of you.

It's no doubt other venues didn't return your calls...

you didn't return mine.

and as far as asking for a list...??!!! not to get on one.. to do a list for you....

and you said in a PM..your director didn't know who I was..paleeze.. he had his assitant call me to post his events at his other venue... (slim's)

I also wanted to come and take pics for my site.. show another 100,000 people Crobar.... help you out even more..and thats what pisses me off the most about this...

I was giving you a hand..spreading the love ..spreading the vibe...and got nothing back.

I call it pure arrogance on your part not to help the people that were/ are trying to help you.... for nothing..other than sharing the experience and smiling..

shit..I gave you guys $3500 in free advertsing..cause I'm a nice guy.

so I pulled the banner as I got fed up with you/your staff..your arrogance...and now..I even still have your opening listed..just because I am that nice of a guy...and I hope we will get past this bump.

so yes..I am bitter at you ..at the venue..for giving a cold shoulder to a vibe you are trying to build.

Ironic isn't it....

so if that doesn't sum it up... I don't know what will.

Vibes just pissed cause he waited in line for 5 hours at the job fair and didn't get the bathroom attendant job. FYI, vibe your site sucks cause it doesnt work, who's half assed?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by icup

Vibes just pissed cause he waited in line for 5 hours at the job fair and didn't get the bathroom attendant job. FYI, vibe your site sucks cause it doesnt work, who's half assed?

I'll let the job comment slide.. I do just fine.

what doesn't work...? it's probably your computer...

you can PM with any issues..I'll be happy to give you tech support..

No matter how you slice it, Crobar is a GREAT addition to the city. Although I have reduced the amount of times I go to clubs these days, I am definitely looking forward to checking Crobar out. And I'm sure a lot of ppl feel the same way. This is EXACTLY the type of place the city needs and has been craving for a loooong time.

A lot of ppl will have judgements about a place w/o even checking the place out. And when I say check it out, i mean more than just once. If managed right, this place could become the next great icon to the city's great history. Just give it a try, try it more than once and THEN make your judgement.

Who knows, maybe in 3 years time, we'll all think back at Crobar and talk about it like we talk about Twilo now. And with a little bit of luck and a lot of hard work, we won't be talking about the past but actually going to Crobar that very weekend.

Good luck to Crobar. It is what we make it to be. We bring the vibe, they provide the great music and if the club listens to feedback, it'll work.

Originally posted by djinnom

Oh yeah, one more thing. I didn't see a rep from Avalon showing up on this board answering our questions. In fact, I only see a handful of club reps here. I think its a good thing.

Agreed. Too many people are holding this place against memories that they have glorified through time.

Good luck Crobar. Just please do afterhours!

Joe what are you doing? :confused: Enough already!

You are so way out of line it's ridiculous. If there is any arrogance it's on your part and you need to chill the F**k out. I don't want to shout you out brotha but quit while your behind.....got me.

PEACE!

P.S. There are no links to the Victor Calderone interview on your site. But I do see Victor Dinaire.

i dont know joe, and i dont know the internet rep> (530)

But....in all honestly, its bad biss to have such deap convo's where everyone can read them,

on crobar's defense...i dont think any of you understand how hard it is to open a resturant/bar or night club in Manhattan, its all ready a hard thing to do, but trying to do it on a island that eat's people's biss's for lunch is SCAREY,

can i tell u how many tears i have cried or nervous energy i have had for the past 2 years trying to open my own space,

it's so hard,

give them credit, grace jones, n kenny were a solid GREAT move!! the best news i have heard this shity city pump out in Year's

so dont judge, not yet.

oly>

Originally posted by queenofclubs

This is really a less than stellar lineup. You would think with all the time you had to think about this you could put something just a tad more interesting together. Sounds like a lot of nonsense going on and it feels as though you are looking for the 18+ crowd. No razzle, no dazzle, no style, nothing remotely new or hip. Come on guys..... I thought you had the best minds in the business there. You are trying so hard to pleeze everyone you are appealing to no one.

Sorry folks for the long delay in replying. Been a hectic 24 hours.

Anyway this post brings up a good subject that I would like to address.

Our belief regarding the poor state on NY Nightlife had a lot to do with the fact that everything was based around the "DJ"

The idea of going to a place regardless of who was playing has long gone. Unfortunately DJ's have become the focal point of the venue and all the design, style, art, production has fallen by the wayside.

From the very beginning, Cal and Kenny stressed that Crobar was going to bring it back to the Complete production and not just the "DJ"

Anyone in this business will tell you that for the last 10-15 years this has been Promoter led City. No club can rely on any kind of crowd without a promoter.

Well the difference now is that the clubbing community has now evolved into a high expectation audience and a DJ alone is NOT whats it's all about anymore.

Thats not to sat the DJ is not important, but that he/She should just be one element of a complete production.

Never in my years in this business have I seen so much thought go into a club's design. I feel safe in saying that the 3 rooms you will see this weekend WILL BLOW YOUR MIND.

But essentially what I'm saying is that from the moment you walk into a club you should be enjoying a complete experience which includes sound, light, art, style, showmanship, etc etc.

Crobar New York will NOT be just about a big name DJ and a lound sound system.

You will experience a complete production from the Media wall at the front door right through all the rooms till you reach the main room.

What you will see this weekend is several forms of ART installations from the moment you walk up the stairs.

Art by

Peter "Fuckin" Tunney

Futura 2000

Grafitti by BLADE

Making your way to the coatcheck area you will also see the CROBAR GEAR STORE. We have made some limited and quite edgy items for sale (Tee shirts, hoodies, hats, thermal shirts). In the coming weeks we shall expand our line to include music CD's and accesories.

From there you will walk down the stairs and see to your right the REED ROOM. You will quickly see why it's called the REED ROOM. The lighting and fixtures in the REED room will be visually very pleasing and very different.

At the bottom of the stairs, the REED and MAIN Rooms are seperated by a state of the art

"White Noise Tunnel" This consists of a tubular tunnel that gives off a hissing type noise that seperates the sound from both rooms without the need for doors.

The tunnel also has lights below it to give off a beautiful Blue and White glow as you pass through.

The tunnel then leads you to the main room.

I cannot begin to tell you how many times I have walked people through the tunnel, all to get the same vocal reaction...WOW!

I am not even going to try and describe the main room because you have to see it to believe it but I guarantee you will be amazed.

All I will say is that the room is 100 foot by 100 foot square with 65 foot high ceilings and a wrap around mezzanine.

Up the mezzanine stairs leading from the main room is the PROP ROOM. This is a beautiful oval shaped room colored in copper, brass and wood. This is a split level room featuring an amazing glass fronted window overlooking the main room that at a flick of a button can be frosted to add more privacy if needed.

All 3 rooms have independant Phazon sound systems and all have their own bathrooms and exits.

Once again I would add that while you may think our line up may not impress you. Please know that we are not trying to get you in the door by the usual Big name DJ alone, but by the complete production of CROBAR NEW YORK.

We hope you will enjoy the experience of everything Crobar has to offer.

Originally posted by 530west28

Sorry folks for the long delay in replying. Been a hectic 24 hours.

Anyway this post brings up a good subject that I would like to address.

Our belief regarding the poor state on NY Nightlife had a lot to do with the fact that everything was based around the "DJ"

The idea of going to a place regardless of who was playing has long gone. Unfortunately DJ's have become the focal point of the venue and all the design, style, art, production has fallen by the wayside.

From the very beginning, Cal and Kenny stressed that Crobar was going to bring it back to the Complete production and not just the "DJ"

Anyone in this business will tell you that for the last 10-15 years this has been Promoter led City. No club can rely on any kind of crowd without a promoter.

Well the difference now is that the clubbing community has now evolved into a high expectation audience and a DJ alone is NOT whats it's all about anymore.

Thats not to sat the DJ is not important, but that he/She should just be one element of a complete production.

Never in my years in this business have I seen so much thought go into a club's design. I feel safe in saying that the 3 rooms you will see this weekend WILL BLOW YOUR MIND.

But essentially what I'm saying is that from the moment you walk into a club you should be enjoying a complete experience which includes sound, light, art, style, showmanship, etc etc.

Crobar New York will NOT be just about a big name DJ and a lound sound system.

You will experience a complete production from the Media wall at the front door right through all the rooms till you reach the main room.

What you will see this weekend is several forms of ART installations from the moment you walk up the stairs.

Art by

Peter "Fuckin" Tunney

Futura 2000

Grafitti by BLADE

Making your way to the coatcheck area you will also see the CROBAR GEAR STORE. We have made some limited and quite edgy items for sale (Tee shirts, hoodies, hats, thermal shirts). In the coming weeks we shall expand our line to include music CD's and accesories.

From there you will walk down the stairs and see to your right the REED ROOM. You will quickly see why it's called the REED ROOM. The lighting and fixtures in the REED room will be visually very pleasing and very different.

At the bottom of the stairs, the REED and MAIN Rooms are seperated by a state of the art

"White Noise Tunnel" This consists of a tubular tunnel that gives off a hissing type noise that seperates the sound from both rooms without the need for doors.

The tunnel also has lights below it to give off a beautiful Blue and White glow as you pass through.

The tunnel then leads you to the main room.

I cannot begin to tell you how many times I have walked people through the tunnel, all to get the same vocal reaction...WOW!

I am not even going to try and describe the main room because you have to see it to believe it but I guarantee you will be amazed.

All I will say is that the room is 100 foot by 100 foot square with 65 foot high ceilings and a wrap around mezzanine.

Up the mezzanine stairs leading from the main room is the PROP ROOM. This is a beautiful oval shaped room colored in copper, brass and wood. This is a split level room featuring an amazing glass fronted window overlooking the main room that at a flick of a button can be frosted to add more privacy if needed.

All 3 rooms have independant Phazon sound systems and all have their own bathrooms and exits.

Once again I would add that while you may think our line up may not impress you. Please know that we are not trying to get you in the door by the usual Big name DJ alone, but by the complete production of CROBAR NEW YORK.

We hope you will enjoy the experience of everything Crobar has to offer.

"Blow your Mind"................making expectations even higher....that was a daring move.

Uhm, I'm feeling a sensory overload possiblitly with this experience....................ofcourse, I'm the psycobabbler.;)

Valium, anyone?

Originally posted by muzikchick

"Blow your Mind"................making expectations even higher....that was a daring move.

Uhm, I'm feeling a sensory overload possiblitly with this experience....................ofcourse, I'm the psycobabbler.;)

Valium, anyone?

Well I make that statement based on EVERYONE's reaction when entering the room.

Maybe I am being bold, but I don't think so.

I am interested however to hear the comments next week after the opening.

Sounds great.

One comment on the DJ becoming the focal point though...

The infrastructure, etc. stay the same every night. The DJ is really the only thing that changes from night to night

and is therefore the only independent variable anyone has to judge what they like or night from one night to the next....

Not saying it's right....

Well I make that statement based on EVERYONE's reaction when entering the room.

Maybe I am being bold, but I don't think so.

I am interested however to hear the comments next week after the opening.

Interesting, I almost feel compelled to go....a few days after grand opening.............mob scenes aren't my thing.....but, the creative factor that went into it.....i will check out for myself.

I wasn't impressed with Crobar in Miami..........so, maybe this is totally different.

Ofcourse, it's worth checking out...........atleast once, anyway.

Thank you for your comments. The reduced price is a general reduced price and does not neccesarily mean the opening night.

Gues Sevices number is still waiting to be confirmed and so for the meantime we are giving the general number.

There is no email adddress set up for reservations at this time.

How you doing? How can I get a job there as a bar back or something. Ive been bartending for 7 years now, but Im pretty sure you have your bartending staff all lined up already. Id like to somehow get my foot in the door at least. Im pretty sure even barbacks in there are going to be making bartender money in other clubs, so I wouldnt mind paying my dues in there.

Look everyone K Smooth joined the board. J/K :D

Originally posted by swtpapi4ugirl

How you doing? How can I get a job there as a bar back or something. Ive been bartending for 7 years now, but Im pretty sure you have your bartending staff all lined up already. Id like to somehow get my foot in the door at least. Im pretty sure even barbacks in there are going to be making bartender money in other clubs, so I wouldnt mind paying my dues in there.

I know the expectations are high and we have a very opinionated audience.

NYC nightlife has definitely been stale for a while now and while we would never try and make the claim that Crobar is about to change all that, we are saying that the club, it's concept, design and style is very refreshing.

Before leaving the building last night and seeing more than 300 people working frantically to prepare for the opening, I couldn't help wonder what it's gonna be like full of clubbers.

I think if you at least give it a chance you may be pleasantly surprised by the whole picture.

I still want to try and answer any questions you may have so feel free to ask what you like.

If you are at the club this coming weekend. Look out for a guy wearing a shirt saying "530West28"

That'll be me, so come and say hi?

Originally posted by juliet21

is tonight the opening or is sat

the only reason why i ask is because that damn countdown says that htere is stilli more day left

so that makes it sat

what is goign on when is the real opening

Yo, you missed it already...the REAL grand opening was last week. That shit was off the hook!

Originally posted by juliet21

is tonight the opening or is sat

the only reason why i ask is because that damn countdown says that htere is stilli more day left

so that makes it sat

what is goign on when is the real opening

12/12..........was the date announced. check their website to confirm.............;)