Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Picture Questions . . .

sobe2003

What do you think it the best site for pictures . . .

And POD - cooljunkie does not apply - pictures there are weak at best and posted about a week after the party.

florida.********.com used to be good as well as Global2night. It seems that those sites have gone down in the past month or so.

Guest saleen351

i see drama ahead....

btw, cj is revamping their site, and the new site will allow them to do things they currently can't do with ease.. plus nick has a crack problem and some times hits the pipe threw wedsday...

Originally posted by saleen351

i see drama ahead....

btw, cj is revamping their site, and the new site will allow them to do things they currently can't do with ease.. plus nick has a crack problem and some times hits the pipe threw wedsday...

There site is not bad - they just could do much more with it IMO.

Originally posted by erickamikaze

Well I used to run till late here for South Florida, and now work with cooljunkie. :D As for being censored, Dave hates when any company starts infringing on "his" territory. He censors whatever he wants.

I liked that site alot - great pics there.

Hopefully you will improve cooljunkie - nothing against POD - just like your work better.

Well, I appreciate the criticism, but I wonder if it's directed more towards me and less towards the photos :laugh:. What specifically don't you like about them? Like any decent artist, I appreciate and use crticisim.

Anyway, I am biased, so I would put CJ as #1.

This is my opinion in general. The "other sites" tend to be total trash, really. Images of drunk, sweaty people abound pretty much...they don't edit down their nightly take to the "best" images...I really don't see anyone else putting forth an honest effort. I don't expect to see Pulitzer-Prize winning work, but anyone with an iota of sense would edit down their nightly take to the "best". I'd rather see 25 photos of semi-sober, nice-looking people, and the DJs, than 200 photos of sweaty, drunk, icky looking folk....I'm not going to mention names, but I really don't have to, ya know?

Originally posted by pod

Well, I appreciate the criticism, but I wonder if it's directed more towards me and less towards the photos :laugh:. What specifically don't you like about them? Like any decent artist, I appreciate and use crticisim.

Anyway, I am biased, so I would put CJ as #1.

This is my opinion in general. The "other sites" tend to be total trash, really. Images of drunk, sweaty people abound pretty much...they don't edit down their nightly take to the "best" images...I really don't see anyone else putting forth an honest effort. I don't expect to see Pulitzer-Prize winning work, but anyone with an iota of sense would edit down their nightly take to the "best". I'd rather see 25 photos of semi-sober, nice-looking people, and the DJs, than 200 photos of sweaty, drunk, icky looking folk....I'm not going to mention names, but I really don't have to, ya know?

I actually think your pics are too "artsy" - which is more of a complement as opposed to critique.

I like seeing the pics of the crowd - we are talking about club photos.

Livingnight used to be good as well - I just refuse to pay.

Speaking of photographs, did anyone see some of the work presented at Art Basel this weekend? Some great, some not worth mentioning. But the prices being thrown around...:eek: Even for works I wouldn't put up in my garage.

Pod, all I can say is get your portfolio together and get it to a gallery for submission to next year's show. You could definitely hold your own against some of these euro trash.

Originally posted by sobe2003

I actually think your pics are too "artsy" - which is more of a complement as opposed to critique.

I like seeing the pics of the crowd - we are talking about club photos.

Livingnight used to be good as well - I just refuse to pay.

I like Pod's pictures ... the only complaint I'd have against CoolJunkie is not to update the pics faster..other than that it's a good site.

Sobe, that's what I'm talking about :). Now since i'm a sarcastic bastard, I must say I really mean it when I say thanks! Attention on deck, I said thanks to sobe2003! Oy, there goes the neighborhood.

That's me though, I tend to eschew people shots sometimes...Eric fills in nicely with that aspect. He's more sociable than I am anyway.

Mac, yeah I saw some of their work...I liked a lot of what came down, but some of it was trash. Next year, I'm gonna do some large-format output for the show...I have a portfolio, I'll swing by sometime and show ya!

Originally posted by pod

Sobe, that's what I'm talking about :). Now since i'm a sarcastic bastard, I must say I really mean it when I say thanks! Attention on deck, I said thanks to sobe2003! Oy, there goes the neighborhood.

That's me though, I tend to eschew people shots sometimes...Eric fills in nicely with that aspect. He's more sociable than I am anyway.

Mac, yeah I saw some of their work...I liked a lot of what came down, but some of it was trash. Next year, I'm gonna do some large-format output for the show...I have a portfolio, I'll swing by sometime and show ya!

Hey - I always give the credit where the credit is due. Just like the time I complemented Roland a few months back.

Believe it or not, I am actually in one of your pics. Let the guessing begin!

Well, there are many picture sites and nightlife sites, but what everyone must consider is the time and money it takes to run a site, take the pictures, edit them, upload, plus all the other site content. Bottom line is, it has to profitable to keep it going with a good business plan. Like you said, not many people want to pay for their pictures. Also the amount of technology and programming that goes into creating a site can be pretty extensive. Many sites have come and gone, but only one is changing and helping the scene in Miami.

As for the pictures, Thanks for everyone’s comments and suggestions. Dan And I, each have our own style and attitude with the camera. I am not out nearly as much as Dan, but the events I do hit up, I really enjoy.

;)