Clubplanet Nightlife Community

is nyc dead or r the crowds wack?

first off its nowhere near as dead as people make it sound...i still have great times when im out but there is a difference in clubbing back in the mid to late 90's than there is now....i tend to think more of the clubbers rather than the club itself...NYC has had some of the best talent in to world pass threw it in the last few weeks and always has...just for example in the past week and a half i saw Roger Sanchez at Centro Fly, Darren Emerson, Pete Tong and Steve Lawler at Avalon...and those were just the headliners...Hybrid and Chris Fortier and others were undercards for these guys who r no slouches by any means...not to mention i could have went to other clubs like vinyl for Danny Howells and other big names that were here.....everyone saying how bad it is to not have twilo around anymore and i agree...twilo was probably the greatest club well ever see but why cant we have that anymore....its not the physical space of these clubs that make it wack...crowds in these places just dont seem up for it...in twilo that dance floor would be jumpin nonstop...drugs also have alot to do with why clubs were better even though ive never done a drug before...to be honest u can still get drugs in anywhere...those searches barely do anything...when im out though i see alotta people just standing around like statues...the only reason i go to see a big named DJ is to dance my ass off...that was the twilo vibe or part of it...also dance music is more popular with the internet...u can now listen to Pete Tong every Friday or Ministry of Sound Radio from London, Radio FG from France etc...or u can download all this new stuff off Soulseek...music isnt as mindblowing as it used to be due to this...someone else share their opinion

Only the people who bitch and complian are annoying. Music is alive and pumping in nyc. Drugs and maturity have alot to do with it also. Look what new york has MON@ CIELO FRANCIOS K, or SAPPHIRE LOUNGE w/ JOESKI,MELVIN MOORE, WEDS i dont wanna name certain places i go to cause dont want them having dragon ball z mornons around there. Ya have danny t at ARC on fri, JUNIOR on sat/sun, AVALON does have good lines up but with all the vip crap it makes it unpleasant for certain people. Then ya have TONY HUMPHRIES monthly at FILTER 14. Also theres so many parties in nyc just got to find them. NYC is theplace to be for house.

Originally posted by joecrack13

first off its nowhere near as dead as people make it sound...i still have great times when im out but there is a difference in clubbing back in the mid to late 90's than there is now....i tend to think more of the clubbers rather than the club itself...NYC has had some of the best talent in to world pass threw it in the last few weeks and always has...just for example in the past week and a half i saw Roger Sanchez at Centro Fly, Darren Emerson, Pete Tong and Steve Lawler at Avalon...and those were just the headliners...Hybrid and Chris Fortier and others were undercards for these guys who r no slouches by any means...not to mention i could have went to other clubs like vinyl for Danny Howells and other big names that were here.....everyone saying how bad it is to not have twilo around anymore and i agree...twilo was probably the greatest club well ever see but why cant we have that anymore....its not the physical space of these clubs that make it wack...crowds in these places just dont seem up for it...in twilo that dance floor would be jumpin nonstop...drugs also have alot to do with why clubs were better even though ive never done a drug before...to be honest u can still get drugs in anywhere...those searches barely do anything...when im out though i see alotta people just standing around like statues...the only reason i go to see a big named DJ is to dance my ass off...that was the twilo vibe or part of it...also dance music is more popular with the internet...u can now listen to Pete Tong every Friday or Ministry of Sound Radio from London, Radio FG from France etc...or u can download all this new stuff off Soulseek...music isnt as mindblowing as it used to be due to this...someone else share their opinion

Put your money where your mouth is...

Show me ACTION!!!

Then,you will be worthy of an opinion..

Originally posted by Roxxia

but why cant we have that anymore....

Your words...

What are YOU DOING so WE can have that back again?

Do I make myself clear now?

good point RoxX

point shes makin is (stop bitchen and do someting about it if its so bad for you)

who says ONE person can make a diff?

1. first off its nowhere near as dead as people make it sound...i still have great times when im out but there is a difference in clubbing back in the mid to late 90's than there is now

2. when im out though i see alotta people just standing around like statues...the only reason i go to see a big named DJ is to dance my ass off...that was the twilo vibe or part of it.

yes i did say that i wish we could get it back but nowhere did i bitch about it as i back up with my first statement...of course i would like to have that back but im not dwelling in the past like alotta others

my second point shows that im still keeping part of the twilo vibe (at least in my eyes) alive..what else i can do as a clubgoer i have no idea....if u notice i blame 2 things...the people that r out for not having that up for it attitude like there used to be... and the second is that music via mediums like the internet have made the underground sound of house music a bit more mainstream whereas when these mediums werent around back then it was more like "holy shit what the hell is this"...how the hell would i try and fix either one of these...why dont u offer ur opinion if ur such a smart ass

this is dead BLAH BLAH BLAH

and all that bull shit, i like to go out to hear GOOD MUSIC

and DANCE that is all

thats it

say what u want about the given "scene" i don't care anymore, whether its 5,000 or 5 ppl i will go out and do my thing no matter what, i am done with this whole "nyc is dead thing"crap. this is the last i will respond to a thread that has dead and nyc in the title.ppl have to realize that things change within years!! like what was said before, things are not going to be the same yaers ago, get over it and move on or stop clubbin!!!!!!!! have your memories thats all good, but fuckin stop raining on my parade now!!! goddamn it!!! give all those future clubbers a fuckin break!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

u ppl are fuckin OLD and annoying, half of u that say nyc are dead prolly don't even go out any,more, give me a break AND GIVE IT A REST NO MO THREADS ON A DEAD NYC u fuckin fools!!! i'm done!!!!! god the reason why this site sux is cause that there are too many fuckin attitudes on this board, no body really knows each other and everybodys got to be a dick!!! this isn't like a real club board, where u only have friends and ppl in the scene that get to know each other, and being that thier friends theres less attitude!:blown: clowns!

im sure you will love it.you have clubbers dancing together with ppl form the vip sections,old ppl dancing with young ppl,no dress code,everybody gets into the clubs,practically no closing hours,best dj's in the world,best crowd in the world,beautfiul beaches..............i should stop now.......it's still 8 months to go..

As much as i like house, i like trance best.

I saw Darren Emerson at Avalon and it was ok, but not great. The crowd definitly wasnt into it and there werent really that many people there.

I saw Ferry Corsten the week before that and the floor was bumpin. Tons of people and really great music.

I think it all depends on where you go and whos playing. That can either make or break the club scene.

Persnoally i will go for whatever i feel like hearing that night, but you will find me goin where the trance is most of the time.

Billy

Originally posted by disk-ofreak

;) thanx for the ibiza tip in advance plannin a trip this june:tongue:

went the last 2 years....all i can say is that u come back a changed person....American lifestyle will be in question at all times...them europeans just know whats up man...check out DC-10 on Monday afternoons.....its amazing...i met Danny Howells in there after his set...bought him a beer and chatted for a bit...mad cool guy...anymore info u need feel free to ask

Originally posted by joecrack13

went the last 2 years....all i can say is that u come back a changed person....American lifestyle will be in question at all times...them europeans just know whats up man...check out DC-10 on Monday afternoons.....its amazing...i met Danny Howells in there after his set...bought him a beer and chatted for a bit...mad cool guy...anymore info u need feel free to ask

That is by far the best party on the island. :D