Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Boycott Crobar...

All I have to say is that almost everyone I have ever meet who has worked at crobar has been beyond cool, from the owners to the bartenders and security.

Sorry you got screwed, but you would have been even more pissed if you had gotten on the list and still couldn't get in.

They were doing their job.

When you do check it out you will see why, the crowd and the vibe they create with their door policy makes for a great night, as long as your on the proper side of it.

Lets face it, the door policy is what made stuido 54 such a great place.

i knew that was how it was gonna be--

NY has been awaiting this new superclub for years now and on opening weekend it was definitely gonna be like that

doors were actually open early so theres no doubt it was filled already by the time you got there...

dont worry, it will calm down and we will all get a chance to check out this marvel of a club... :D

Originally posted by apotheosis

this whole notion of "pre-tickets" (ie: PVD) "A List" lists, what have you... is ultimatley detroying the scene.

actually i tend to disagree.

I think pre-tickets (as far as the PVD deal, NOT as far as making DJ's sell tickets to get spots to play--that i am VERY opposed to) but as far as big events where you know you are going to be dealing with near-capacity numbers, esp with the tragedies that happened in Chi and RI with clubs being overpacked, advanced ticks are a good way to make sure you keep your numbers correct. Plus i think it lets the true fans of that dj grab ticks in advance kinda.

As far as "sorry you're not on the list" deals killing NYC, i actually until last nite havent seen that at all in the city for a while and i am GLAD to see it back. I LOVE the fact that this club has attitude like that...NYC needs this kick in the ass. Of course, after a month or so Im sure it will die down a bit as the hype does and everyone will get a chance to experience crobar.....but again, I see this helping and not hurting the scene...